Side & Formation for Birmingham

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harper

Beye   Caçapa   Taylor   Enrique

Milner     Faye   Emre     N'Zogbia

Martins   Owen

Subs: Forster, Diatta, Geremi, Duff, Ameobi

What the heck? Might aswell play our best right-back, our best left-back, our best right-mid, our best centre-mid, our best left-mid and our two best strikers. We haven't tried that yet; what's to lose? :D

In all seriousness, i'd have Caçapa and Faye in at centre-back if we could afford it. I couldn't believe it when Keegan had to drop one of them (Faye returned), he dropped Caçapa.

At Arsenal and at Villa, Claudio was clearly the more classier and comfortable centre-back than the two for me, and he was a fucking monster against Boro. Taylor's looked a total liablity since Kev's come in.

However, our centre-mids in that case are: weak as piss, unable to distribute a ball, or run with a bit of pace. Faye can achieve all of those three things in one movement, be it a turn away from an opposing player or whatever - we've got to have some actual steel in our centre-midfield or we will continue to just get dominated there.

Drop Duff, drop Butt, drop Barton, drop Smith. They're all 'big' names that are typically offering Sweet FA. I wouldn't even have Butt or Smith on the bench tbh. I've no idea what they've done to warrant being in the team. If there's any individuals that consistently cost us games/lack of goals - it's them two. They're utter crap imo.

Martins has to play. I'm enjoying how, after 148 votes, 139 people want Oba playing, and 3 people want Smith playing. I bet that's an accurate ratio for the majority of NUFC fans tbh!

Anyways, it'll look nowt like that. 1-1.

Given injuries... becomes...

Harper

Beye   Caçapa   Taylor   Enrique

Duff    Faye   Barton    N'Zogbia

Martins   Owen

Im so nervous never been like this before

Given that you are nervous before all games, I reckon you must be at the epicenter of a powerful earthquake right now.

Haha i know the biggest game for a long long time in our history

I know he's nowhere near fit but we could do with him at the minute.  He's not the best defender in the world but he doesnt make many errors and I'd prefer him over Taylor at the moment.  Him and faye would be unspectacular but solid and reliable.

My f****** god. I know some people here are desperate and willing to try whatever just in case it works and saves our ass, but brother, Ramage is NOT the way to go. He is so limited it's just sad watching him. My memory of Ramage is his red hot face leaving the pitch in the first half after being terrorised by Rooney. He is so out of this league that they get. Now get yourself togehter Northern Soul!

As opposed to our other cb's this season who have easily coped with the threat of rooney, ronaldo et al (faye excluded).  We where better defensively when we had a back 4 of carr ramage bramble and huntingdon.  Yes I realise we had a far superior midfield protecting the back 4, I'm just saying on the basis of what I've seen this season I'd pair him wth faye until things sort themselves out.  Taylor thinks he's a keeper wo can't handle the ball ad Cacapa will never be a prem cb as he ca't handle the physical aspect.

I know ramage is poor and I wouldn't renew his contract.  I'm just trying to say at least the lad sticks to his job and does it to the best of his abilities and will give 100% and in a relegation battle, defensively, thats what you need.  You on't need these types in attacking roles though (cough...Smith)

I still have nightmares about Ramge's performance against Birmingham last season, a game that included the worst bit of individual defending I have ever seen from a Premiership player.

Nah, that was when he let Harewood roll him against West Ham. Horrendous.

I know he's nowhere near fit but we could do with him at the minute.  He's not the best defender in the world but he doesnt make many errors and I'd prefer him over Taylor at the moment.  Him and faye would be unspectacular but solid and reliable.

My f****** god. I know some people here are desperate and willing to try whatever just in case it works and saves our ass, but brother, Ramage is NOT the way to go. He is so limited it's just sad watching him. My memory of Ramage is his red hot face leaving the pitch in the first half after being terrorised by Rooney. He is so out of this league that they get. Now get yourself togehter Northern Soul!

As opposed to our other cb's this season who have easily coped with the threat of rooney, ronaldo et al (faye excluded).  We where better defensively when we had a back 4 of carr ramage bramble and huntingdon.  Yes I realise we had a far superior midfield protecting the back 4, I'm just saying on the basis of what I've seen this season I'd pair him wth faye until things sort themselves out.  Taylor thinks he's a keeper wo can't handle the ball ad Cacapa will never be a prem cb as he ca't handle the physical aspect.

I know ramage is poor and I wouldn't renew his contract.  I'm just trying to say at least the lad sticks to his job and does it to the best of his abilities and will give 100% and in a relegation battle, defensively, thats what you need.  You on't need these types in attacking roles though (cough...Smith)

Im no expert in English by no means, but isn't the term "clutching at straws" the right term to use?

Anyway, that was the last memory I had of Ramage, but as others have said, he has had many other shocking games, and I can tell you one thing: He will not be better than he were before and he has been out for a long time with injury. It would be absolute suicide to put him in the team this season, or the next one regardless of which division we play in for that matter.

The team selection is going to depress me no matter what because there are at least two or three woefully inadequate players who will start. The only hope is that the quality in the squad can overcome their awfulness.

Anyone know the team yet?

Kevin Keegan.

Really?

I'd imagine so, apparently Alan Smith usually informs KK what the team will be the night before.

So Kev will have known for hours at this point.