Duff the P... (finish this sentence)

TRon

Guest Chris P

Well you don't have to, but anyway the point is: while Duff has offered plenty of industry and running at defenders, that's as far as he seems to get. He never actually gets past them or puts in a decent cross. His end product is generally zero, plus he strikes me as someone who's head goes down. He was subbed by Keegan on Saturday early in the second half. does this mean Zog will finally get a run of games in that position?

Had on. You're winging after we just won 2-0 against Royston Vasey

Duff the Provider  :pow:... he had the sense to let Jonas take the ball to the bye-line cos he had no chance being a useless  cnut. He showboated ok when we were 2-0 up but he's about as useful as Milner... but doesn't work as hard.

wow

PStill not good enough for me. And still cheats.

This. Embarrassing at times, arms flailing and all. Him and Robbie Keane are from the same school of thought. Good job Given tends to stay in our own penalty area.

Duff's still not actually delivering end product, but to be fair, he worked his socks off and rarely lost posession last night. He's just about keeping his place at the moment but he really needs to stay wide and go at the full backs with more conviction.

He's looked a good deal better than he did last year, but that's not saying much.

Still has absolutely no end product whatsoever, can only assume that we've given up completely on N'Zogbia with Duff keeping his place every week.

PStill not good enough for me. And still cheats.

This. Embarrassing at times, arms flailing and all. Him and Robbie Keane are from the same school of thought. Good job Given tends to stay in our own penalty area.

Now it'd be interesting to see if given did what taylor did nearly scoring :lol: Reminds me of the mean machine film with the keeper trying to skin everyone

He's doing exactly what we need our wingers to do at this time.

We've still got a weak centre midfield so if the wingers don't track back as well as attack then we'll get shafted in the middle of the park. Guthrie, who I think is a canny player isn't (yet) someone who I think can take charge of the middle of the pitch. Barton is still feeling his way and is improving. Butt is Butt, the mind is sharp but the body is weak. So any pairing of these will, when we get into the better teams get over-run so we have to back them up with the wingers. Zog, who I like, isn't that disciplined, he's a better attacker than Duff, but for the sake of our overall team we're better sticking with Duff until we get a more stronger midfield two or Zog learns.

... probably in the best form in his career here, but it's still not ideal. He looks quicker and more willing to take on a man, but he can't cross and he can't shoot. He's forming a dynamic partnership with Gutierrez (not necassarily a brilliant one), and he's been okay. Just no end product, as has been said countless times.

When i opened the thread i actually thought the opening post had been made today tbh, not in March.

I'm still confused at to where his pace has gone. I know he's had a few injuries here and there but I can't recall him having one like Owen or Shearer.

To my knowledge he sat on Chelseas bench after an ace season at Blackburn and has lacked speed ever since. He's not quite Geremi-esque, but when I watch him play I don't see him as that much of a speedy player. Nice to see him put the effort in though, I always appreciate people who'll put in the hours.

I've thought much the same when I've seen him, he does seem to have lost a good yard of pace, I can remember the european championships when he was skinning everyone with his pace down the wings...

Personal favourite, Kinnear will never drop Duff, really want to see Zog, think he;s a better ball carrier and will put more crosses in from more dangerous positions.

Imagine having Zog and Jonas on both wings running at defenders and swapping positions....

• 1 month later...