Biggest Ever Newcastle Goal

James

Got to be Kelly's late winner against Pompey. Loudest noise I have ever heard.

Seconded. No contest.

Has to be.

I wasn't at the game, but I had my own little bit of human drama. I'd avoided tuning into the latest scores by going out. I switched Grandstand on with 10 minutes of the match to go, and the score came up as 0-0. My heart sank because we needed to win. Then, as I was watching, the score changed on the screen to 1-0. Moments like that don't come round too often.

Shearers record?

Alberts goal vs Man U?

A little off topic, but are we the only club in the champions league to of lost thier first 3 games and still qualifid for the next round?

I think we were the first, but not the last.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_Champions_League_records_and_statistics#Comebacks

^ The Inter-Cities Fairs Cup is not a major UEFA official competition since it was not organized or sanctioned by UEFA.

:undecided:

Seconded. No contest.

Has to be.

I wasn't at the game, but I had my own little bit of human drama. I'd avoided tuning into the latest scores by going out. I switched Grandstand on with 10 minutes of the match to go, and the score came up as 0-0. My heart sank because we needed to win. Then, as I was watching, the score changed on the screen to 1-0. Moments like that don't come round too often.

I was in the old Milburn paddock, almost in direct line with the line of the shot as it flew in. Was very much one of those slow motion moments where you expect a defender to get in the way or the keeper to reach across. Have never expereienced delirium like it before or since.

Seconded. No contest.

Has to be.

I think anyone who was around pre-Keegan days won't say anything else. Everything that we have achieved since, even if it wasn't rewarded with a trophy hinged on that goal. We could have been Leeds, instead we survived and King Kev used it as a launching pad to turn us into title contenders within a couple of years.

Bellamy's against Feyenoord ? I went mad on that goal  :cheesy:

winner against leicester away, there was never a bigger goal for this club

I think we would have still stayed up if it finished 1-1 at Leicester. As such i think Kelly's goal was the big one.

cou;d've got beat at leicester and still stopped up as other reults went our way. we weren't to know that at the time.

for those that weren't there,not only did we secure our own survival that day but the leicester fans turned uo for a party as they could've went up that day.

Shearer completing his hat-trick when we came from down to beat Leicester 4-3, at Filbert Street I believe.

Nop it was at home.

Has to be Kelly's versus Pompey though, without doubt.

Guest Phil K

Yeah - me too.

He should have built on that goal and became a Newcastle legend.

He became an even bigger tosser instead

Shearer completing his hat-trick when we came from down to beat Leicester 4-3, at Filbert Street I believe.

Was at SJP actually.

Loved that too - I was at work, and delighting in that utter w@nker Alan Green on 5 almostalive nearly in tears.

Yeah - me too.

He should have built on that goal and became a Newcastle legend.

He became an even bigger tosser instead

would be a great player to have in the postion we are in now full of fight bottle and commitment

Guest Phil K

If we score a winning goal to keep us up this season that will be the biggest

who knows maybe Smith will get it

Yeah - and maybe Wenger will see an incident by his players, Fergie will believe a pen against Man U is fair, and the Smoggies will fill their ground.

Guest Brazilianbob

What about Bob Moncour's goal away to Ujpest?

This has got to be the biggest goal because we had had our 3-0 home lead eroded to 3-2 away and they were all over us leading up to half time.

It was just a matter of time before they equalised and then kicked on to beat us, but we came out second half and won a corner straight from the kick off and Moncur banged in his third goal in the tie from the corner to make it 4-2.  Uijpest just crumbled after that and minutes later Benny Arentoft scored the equaliser again from a corner, and late on Alan Foggon ran from the half way line to wrap it all up with a third.  I think he actually hit the bar and ran in to knock it over the line as the ball dropped.  Moncurs goal is definitely the biggest because it won us a trophy.  Nothing else comes close to that!

Inspired by the Inter game thread, it has often been discussed as to what the best ever Newcastle goal is, but what about the biggest?

Several things can make a goal big - it could affect the fortunes of a club, it could be scored on a big occassion with the world watching, it could be a personal landmark for a great player.

So what is the Biggest Newcastle goal of all time and why? I'll turn this thread into a poll tommorrow after people have had a chance to make suggestions.

David Kelly, Portsmouth at home 25th April 1992, End of Thread imo.

Can someone please tell me some history behind this famous Kelly goal in 92?

We were rock bottom of Division 2 with only 2 games to play and had just lost 5 games in a row. Kelly scored a screamer at the Gallowgate End with 5 minutes to go meaning we beat Pompey 1-0. Results went our way and even though we beat Leicester 2-1 away the next week it didn't matter due to other results. In effect therefore, Kelly scored the goal that saved us from relegation to division 3 and probably administration.