Oba...Obafem

TRon

Alright, alright I'll give it a rest ... for now.

Owen versus Blackburn though  :lol:

Here's hoping we just keep getting better as a team and we stay up so that we can really look forward to next season.

:lol:

You can't pick someone from the same game you daft lad!

:lol:

In the last 5 months as in prior to this game maybe?!

The sad fact is that no individual has produced anywhere near as good a performance, no matter how good or bad peple thought Martins was.

It's a sad fact  :weep: hence the overexcitement.

I could name several. Let me start with Habib Beye vs Birmingham (h)

Back to his frustrating best yesterday like.  :razz:

Cracking effort mind in the first half. It's annoying when he can produce things like that and at times his first touch a pass and second a tackle.

Cracking effort mind in the first half. It's annoying when he can produce things like that and at times his first touch a pass and second a tackle.

Harsh imo, after a shaky first few minutes looked pretty good in general play yesterday showing some nice skill and neat touches, Fulham had no answer for him.

Harsh imo, after a shaky first few minutes looked pretty good in general play yesterday showing some nice skill and neat touches, Fulham had no answer for him.

I thought he did ok. Nowt special. He did well when he latched onto the excellent long pass from Enrique in the first half but other than that he didn't do a lot.

Going to hand in a transfer request if things don't improve at the club apparently according to todays papers.

According to the NOTW isn't it? They can't write about the 'crisis' results-wise so they invent another one.

I thought he did ok. Nowt special. He did well when he latched onto the excellent long pass from Enrique in the first half but other than that he didn't do a lot.

Summed it up pretty well. Provided a possible threat with his pace but never actually did much with it, although his team play was better than it can be. Didn't giver the ball away, and stuck out wide quite dutifully.

Guest marky555

SKY SPORTS

Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins has hinted he could leave the club over lack of first-team football.

The Nigeria international is keen to play and score for the North East side, but has grown frustrated over his his failure to command regular football.

Martins showed his displeasure at being whipped off early in their recent 1-1 draw against Birmingham,

while he only played the final 16 minutes of Saturday's 2-0 win over Fulham.

Hint

However, Martins has hinted that should regular first-team football not come his way soon then he could be forced to consider his future away from St James' Park.

"I am not the kind of player that will stay at the club without playing because I want to play," said Martins.

"I really, really want to play. I really, really want to help the team by scoring goals so, if I am not playing, it's a little bit difficult for me."

Only played the last 16 minutes did he? Aye spot on Sky Sports, aren't you all really mint at stirring shit.

All he's saying is that if he doesn't play regularly then it will be hard for him to stay. Surely every footballer thinks like that.

Thats not even taking into consideration the fact that he has started the last two games.

Guest Stephen927

Love how they make up he is going to hand in a transfer request.

All he has said is if he isn't playing it's going to be difficult for him to contribute when he's not playing, and that if he isnt playing it will be hard to stay.

Oba gets on fine with Keegan, complete non-story.

played well yesterday. what ppl forget is what happens indirectly as aresult of him being on the pitch. his pace wins throw ins and opens up the game for other ppl. to see the difference look at our play when he was off. a lot of the threat was clearly gone as viduka is quite anonymous for some of a game usually.

I don't think you can a direct comparison between the 74 minutes he was on and the 16 he was off. Especially when the change was made to shut up shop. I agree about his pace giving us something none of the other strikers give us though.