SHOOT!

Slim

Just watching it again on TV and in the first half there were people shouting 'shoot' when Butt was on the ball at least 10 yards outside the area.  The last thing I ever want to see is Nicky Butt trying to shoot.  :lol:

Fans that want a free souvenir are going to be creative about getting it.

Guest Stephen927

I thought it tounge in cheek, when supporters did that?

Yeah me too, or as an encouragement or even to try and unsettle the opposition defence.

No big deal.

Does anybody know the muppet in the Gallowgate who every game just blasts out with "DODGY KEEPER!" Even at times when it's Harper/Given at our end. :lol:

Aye! He was doing it to Keller yesterday, when the ball was nowhere near him.

Does anybody know the muppet in the Gallowgate who every game just blasts out with "DODGY KEEPER!" Even at times when it's Harper/Given at our end. :lol:

that means he's more likely to hear him doesn't it.

he sits a couple of rows behing me and he does it as a tradition piece.

Guest clarkyshan

Why cant our fans understand that there is no point shooting when you have 2-3 players in your way that are obviously going to block it.  :idiot2:

there is normally people in the way whilst shooting its called the opposition. i think newcastle dont shoot often enough from range.

Guest Stephen927

Why cant our fans understand that there is no point shooting when you have 2-3 players in your way that are obviously going to block it.  :idiot2:

there is normally people in the way whilst shooting its called the opposition. i think newcastle dont shoot often enough from range.

I agree.

Just watching the game yesterday, we had a couple of sweet shots from range, Barton and Owen's strikes come to mind. It's worth a gamble if there's nothing else on, or even just to mix it up a bit and perhaps catch the goalkeeper off guard.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BooBoo

Was a bit cringe inducing yesterday when everytime we had the ball outside Readings box, the crowd was yelling Shoot!

I dont at all get why this is funny?  :nope:

Was a bit cringe inducing yesterday when everytime we had the ball outside Readings box, the crowd was yelling Shoot!

It was fucking funny when the ball found its way to Alan Smith and everyone yelled 'DON'T SHOOT!'. :lol:

Quite justified as well. Keller has the agility that suggests he had a ration book in his youth.

It was f****** funny when the ball found its way to Alan Smith and everyone yelled 'DON'T SHOOT!'. :lol:

He doesn't know how anyway.