The back four today

AlanSkÃrare

Beye-Faye-Taylor-Enrique have got a couple of games together now under Keegan, something that never happend under Allardyce, due to injuries, but also due to his lack of patience with the central pair and his decision to always play N'Zogbia at left-back. Not that these guys were tested today, but they have looked far more comfortable and solid against Birmingham and Fulham than any of the defensive lines that Allardyce tried during his reign.

This is not me saying we don't need new defenders in the summer, but I think Keegan deserves credit for sticking to them despite the game at Liverpool and we conceded loads against Man Utd. Would have been easy for him to drop Taylor for Cacapa, or move N'Zogbia back into Enriques position.

:thup:

This has to be our first choice back four. Beye looked very assured today at right-back and he is starting to play more like he did at Marseille, although it would be good to see him putting crosses in like he used to. Taylor looked pretty solid and was committed for 90 minutes. It made me laugh when he sprinted back into position in the 82nd minute after ambitiously going forward for a free-kick. Faye looked good, but he wasn't really threatened in all fairness. Enrique impressed me today, strong in the tackle and in the air, he dealt with Davies relatively well. He does definetly have some sight and I think he and N'Zogbia could work well together on the left.

As good as our defence looked today, it is important to remember how poor Fulham were today. They never really threatened and their strikers seemed completely impotent. Spurs away will be a real test for our new defence.

Would of been interested to see Roz here to be honest, i really liked him as a player. Back four of Beye-Roz-Faye-Enrique have the right blend to be a success. I always rated Roz and am sure theres a consistent assured performer in there somwhere.

Would of been interested to see Roz here to be honest, i really liked him as a player. Back four of Beye-Roz-Faye-Enrique have the right blend to be a success. I always rated Roz and am sure theres a consistent assured performer in there somwhere.

He may be back in the Summer. He's not been starting games for Lazio. According to Sky's statistics he has only played 3 times for Lazio and two of them appearances are from the bench.

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11862_222175,00.html

Guest Stephen927

One complaint is dropping too deep and inviting pressure, but thats to be expected with the recent run of results not really going our way and a sense of fear at every opposition attack.

Good to see some continuity in the back four, the longer they play together the more understanding they will have of each other

Consistency is crucial and I hope the same back 4 is unchanged for the coming games. Although not exactly perfect, its the best line we've got back there right now I reckon and so confidence will rise if we keep em together rather then playing the hoki koki with 'em

I'm cautiously optimistic, since we were playing two struggling teams. I've been a fan of Beye ever since came, and I think he's adapted well. Jose Enrique is still a little shaky at times. But that being said, the current back four definately deserve to stay intact against the Spurs.

Wouldn't be my choice but we should stick with it now. Given that we're actually geting results now. (I'd have Faye in midfield). But then, if we are going to be playing Faye in defense, he should be alongside Caçapa imo. Taylor's still a big liability.

Wouldn't be my choice but we should stick with it now. Given that we're actually geting results now. (I'd have Faye in midfield). But then, if we are going to be playing Faye in defense, he should be alongside Caçapa imo. Taylor's still a big liability.

Taylor has been far better than Faye in the last two games.

And has been far worse over the rest of the season.

Play well and keep the shirt though.

Faye has been Ok, but is certainly not as good as he has been made out to be

Faye has been far better than Taylor over the whole season, it isn't even close.

Taylor was shite against Birmingham but Faye was even worse so it's not really a case of playing for the shirt, if that was the case Keegan should have started Cacapa and Edgar today.

Faye has been far better than Taylor over the whole season, it isn't even close.

Taylor was shite against Birmingham but Faye was even worse so it's not really a case of playing for the shirt, if that was the case Keegan should have started Cacapa and Edgar today.

I honestly think Cacapa has been the worst of the 3, and we're playing the "better" 2.  I appreciate you'll disagree :)

Not sure what Edgar has done to gain a starting place, but I agree he should have featured more this year to at least be given a chance.