Old Shola thread. Please ignore.

lovejoy

Shola's european record is only bettered by Shearer (I think) I agree with the points about him trying out somewhere on the continent. If he ends up at Ipswich though, I wish him all the best. The way some of our fans treat him is very shabby.

could be wrong but didn't Kluivert have a goal for every european game he played for us

Says on soccernet that he played 6 games (1 as a sub) and scored 5 goals.

Sibierski also scored 4 goals in 9 euro matches.

Ameobi with 12 goals in 26 starts + 15 appearances from the bench.

I find it surprising that it's Ipswich who are apparently interested...would have thought Norwich was a more logical place for the lad to go since he got on so very well with Glenn.

Oh well, whatever happens, I hope he does amazingly well and proves his critics wrong. He would absolutely piss it in the SPL I reckon.

Ipswich play in the Championship, Dave.

I am aware of this, Jonathan.

I know, because I just told you so.

No, I already knew, actually. You're just being silly. Sit down and take your Ritalin now, there's a good boy.  :razz:

Guest michaelfoster

Not good enough for us, might do ok at somewhere like Wigan/Sunderland/Derby/Norwich, we should be able to get around £3m for him IMO

He would do well at Ipswich. They would teach him first touch and ball control aswell as short passing.  Rather than how to head a ball on and hoof a ball forward which is all you get taught at NUFC. Ipswich are the championship version of Arsenal as far as there style of play. They have been a bit below par the past 2 seasons due to coming out of administration and changing manager. It would also do his confidence a world of good actually being supported and encouraged on his shit days rather than lamblasted and ridiculed.

Guest Reservoir Mags

I heard it was Stoke rather than Ipswich.  He should do well in the Championship.  I've never been a fan of Shola for us, simply not good enough but I would wish him luck wherever he goes, he never complained about his lot and always gave it a go, even if that wasn't very good.  He clearly loves the club and pulling on that shirt.  Many of our prima donnas could take a lesson from him in that respect.

Abroad would definitely suit his style better. Not saying he'd play for a top club abroad btw.

have you seen spanish football. foul given everytime a piece of clothing is touched. shola's style would be more suited to the BSP.

Yes, I have.

Abroad would definitely suit his style better. Not saying he'd play for a top club abroad btw.

have you seen spanish football. foul given everytime a piece of clothing is touched. shola's style would be more suited to the BSP.

Yes, I have.

What was it like?

Yes, I have.

What was it like?

Very Spanish.

I reckon the best move for him would be to go to a newly promoted PL side next season (Stoke, Bristol City or whoever it is that comes up).  He has some PL experience behind him and can score the odd goal when he's not tripping over his own feet.  Not saying he'd be getting 15 a season, but a newly promoted team could do worse.  If they were to go back down, I think he'd be a decent Championship player, similar to Chopra.  Bids of about £3m would be reasonable.

If all else fails, hopefully the supposed rumour of the smogs wanting him is still true.  If so, they can have him for £5m.

Ipswich & QPR have tonnes of money, we need to get him to either of those clubs, for him to do well and for him to sign on a permanent basis.

I'm not a Shola slagger, but the lad has had his time here and it really is time for him to move on. Last year we can get money for him and i think we should since he does have some ability.

Hope he does well.

We should also extend Ramage's contract for another season and loan him out as well, give him some games and put him in the window. Every penny counts and when your talking millions things like this should be taken care of by now.

Guest hameed

shola is definately moving, he has been withdrawn from the reserves side, according to nufc.co.uk his name is no longer on the teamsheet for tonight.

Get in!! :D :D :D

Ipswich & QPR have tonnes of money, we need to get him to either of those clubs, for him to do well and for him to sign on a permanent basis.

I'm not a Shola slagger, but the lad has had his time here and it really is time for him to move on. Last year we can get money for him and i think we should since he does have some ability.

Hope he does well.

We should also extend Ramage's contract for another season and loan him out as well, give him some games and put him in the window. Every penny counts and when your talking millions things like this should be taken care of by now.

:thup: Spot on.

:thup:

Good on Shola, his work here is done.

Nah seriously tho the lad needs to move away from NUFC to progress his career.

Seems only the very best local lads can make it here, anyone else is just under way to much pressure.