Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

N'Zogbia still has more potential than anybody I've seen at out club in recent years, I just hope we're good enough to bring it out of him on a regular basis, he already offers more than anybody else that we currently have when playing left wing.  I couldn't give a shit if he can't defend, most of our best wingers couldn't, what he gives us going forward is worth his lack of defending.

I'm dubious if he'll still be here next season but a good bit of man-management from KK would be to sit the lad down and tell him:

"Look son, even if you break your left leg I'll still pick you ahead of Damien The Duff. You have my word on that"

Hope he does stay, he would be a massive asset to the club.

Sadly, i still think when West Ham make their ineviteble move that he will change his tune but for the time being this is great news.

N'Zogbia and Martins are the only players we have who get you on the edge of your seat when they get ball, they make something from nothing, take players on, these are the kind of players we need at SJP

Yeah, this seems great for the time being but I think all the players, including us, will gain great confidence when the first signings are made. Then you'll see a lot of players announcing their true intentions rather than dilly-dallying.

I think our first signing could be incredibly important, lets just hope its a significant one that sends a message to both players, fans and the rest of the division alike.

Hope he does stay, he would be a massive asset to the club.

Sadly, i still think when West Ham make their ineviteble move that he will change his tune but for the time being this is great news.

i don't think he's been injured enough to be on curbishley's ex nufc radar lol.

i would like to see charles stay, he's an exciting young player who can only get better, we haven't had many of those for a while.

As I said (in this thread?) the other day, he should be relishing the chance to work under Keegan. KK's philosophy on winning games seems to marry up with N'Zogbia's best attributes very well.

Still expect him to leave, but I think one more year might make him see what he can do here. That's if Keegan plans to play him, of course.

Guest alex

N'Zogbia and Martins are the only players we have who get you on the edge of your seat when they get ball, they make something from nothing, take players on, these are the kind of players we need at SJP

I agree with that and especially so for N'Zogbia. He's the only player we've got who can beat a man.

I've always thought if N'Zogbia's playing regularly he's happy. With Tottenham's interest now dead and a possible first team shirt there for the taking, he might fancy being here after all. Knowing him, he's the type who wants no competition for the left wing spot whatsoever. Not very healthy from a club point of view but that's how I read his "let's see who we sign comments".

His comment on signings could be read one of two ways. He's either looking forward to an exciting summer and wants to see ambition for the club, or is worried about us bringing someone in to make his place here untenable (to him). Such as Duff?

just out of interest, has he been playing left wing or left back for france u21's?

LB I think.

Aye, he's their number 3, first-choice LB.

He has to play man, I miss that ripple of "go onnnnnnnnnnnn" that went around the stadium everytime he received the ball from the 'keeper when he was left-wing. Used to be our main attacking outlet, along with Milner, and they both did alright.

They're the type of players we need to be keeping, while the likes of Smith need to be shipped out.

Guest Guinness

I'd love him to stay, he's one of the few players we currently have that offers some creativity and has a bit of pace. It would also be a major boost in that we wouldn't have to sign someone to replace him.

just out of interest, has he been playing left wing or left back for france u21's?

LB I think.

Aye, he's their number 3, first-choice LB.

He has to play man, I miss that ripple of "go onnnnnnnnnnnn" that went around the stadium everytime he received the ball from the 'keeper when he was left-wing. Used to be our main attacking outlet, along with Milner, and they both did alright.

They're the type of players we need to be keeping, while the likes of Smith need to be shipped out.

ah right, i hope he does stay then, playing LB for france u21's has got to help his game, brings a little more discipline to the going forward that the likes of ginola never had. it can only help him become a more rounded player (not in the micky quinn / andy reid sense)

What a load of bollocks, his agent realises now that no one is coming in for him so gets him to give a rare interview to head off potential PR disaster over the alleged fight.

:lol:

:(

LB I think.

yeah.. i'm no expert on french u21 football, but they have a quality side the couple of times i've seen them.. the guy that played in front of Zog - Marveaux has looked like Messi in both games and they have also this Issa guy who plays on the wings, he also looks very promising..

i imagine it'd be frustrating for N'Zogbia to be breaking in the national team as a LB, cause we all know he's much better further upfront..

What a load of bollocks, his agent realises now that no one is coming in for him so gets him to give a rare interview to head off potential PR disaster over the alleged fight.

I have to admit that this was my initial reaction to the article as well. Think he's covering his back more than anything.

I have to admit that this was my initial reaction to the article as well. Think he's covering his back more than anything.

Dave knows i was being overly cynical but its still a suspicion for me in all seriousness.

Guest alex

Not too far from the truth I imagine.

It's mad like how much hype The Zog gets from certain corners, I think he is a canny prospect, but mainly due to how starved we have been of both any sort of attacking flair and decent caliber youth products coming through, his abilities to seem to get over exaggerated.