Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

It's mad like how much hype The Zog gets from certain corners, I think he is a canny prospect, but mainly due to how starved we have been of both any sort of attacking flair and decent caliber youth products coming through, his abilities to seem to get over exaggerated.

I'd imagine it's mostly due to frustration that we're not even getting the chance to see whether he's got it or not. We have hopeless has-beens like Damien Duff on the wing while the most exciting young prospect we've had in yonks rarely gets a look-in.

Exaggeration of his potential is inevitable surely?

It's mad like how much hype The Zog gets from certain corners, I think he is a canny prospect, but mainly due to how starved we have been of both any sort of attacking flair and decent caliber youth products coming through, his abilities to seem to get over exaggerated.

I'd imagine it's mostly due to frustration that we're not even getting the chance to see whether he's got it or not. We have hopeless has-beens like Damien Duff on the wing while the most exciting young prospect we've had in yonks rarely gets a look-in.

Exaggeration of his potential is inevitable surely?

Exactly what I said.  :razz:

Bit of both iyam. Sure he's not the finished article by a long stretch, but I think most right-minded people agree with that. What most can see though is excellent potential, and they don't want it realised elsewhere.

I agree the lack of decent alternatives makes him seem better like, just look at Duff. ;)

Bit of both iyam.

:lol:

Tooj always has to throw in one of his "Some of our fans really do over-rate N'Zogbia. Not me, though, I know the score." comments every time the subject of N'Zogbia comes up. I think it makes him feel wise or something.  :pow:

“At the moment, all I am concentrating on in playing for France Under-21s in Sweden at the end of this month and then, like the rest of the Newcastle squad, I will be looking at what players we are going to sign.”

Anyone know when and where this is??

Date      Teams                Venue          Starting Time

25 may France-Holland Trelleborg 16.00

Sweden-Portugal Trelleborg 19.15

28 may France-Portugal Malmö 17.00

Sweden-Holland Malmö 20.00

31 may Portugal-Holland Helsingborg 16.00

Sweden-France Helsingborg 19.00

For us in Sweden, Viasat Sport 1 will be showing all the games live.

Bit of both iyam.

:lol:

Tooj always has to throw in one of his "Some of our fans really do over-rate N'Zogbia. Not me, though, I know the score." comments every time the subject of N'Zogbia comes up. I think it makes him feel wise or something.  :pow:

That's my opinion on him though, he is overrated by some quarters, for the reasons I've mentioned above. He's certainly got the potential to be top drawer, let's just hope we can be the ones to unlock it.

Thing is with Zog is that no-one has seen him get a good proper run in his favoured position for about 2 years now - he either didnt play or has been used at LB this term.

I think Zog has all the potential to be quality- he needs to work on his crossing alittle bit which can be inconsistent at times and his awareness - his future definitely depends on what Keegan decided to use because quite frankly i see no use for him in the 3 man midfield.

I never had a fight with Faye and I won't be leaving Newcastle, insists Toon midfielder N'Zogbia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=566626&in_page_id=1779&ito=1490

Excellant news, if true of course

This line is quality..

"And why would I pick a fight with Abdoulaye Faye? Not only is he a friend of mine, but he is also a little bit bigger than me."

“At the moment, all I am concentrating on in playing for France Under-21s in Sweden at the end of this month and then, like the rest of the Newcastle squad, I will be looking at what players we are going to sign.”

Date      Teams                Venue           Starting Time

Cheers. Why the fuck play doon south for :dave:

Would've been nice to go and watch.

Great news if he stays.

I wouldn't normally be arsed if it was anyone else and would probably just rather we moved them on - save any hassle. But such is his potential, if he wants to play for Newcastle United, we really need to make that happen.

Cheers. Why the f*** play doon south for :dave:

I guess i will have to get this channel now then

What a load of bollocks, his agent realises now that no one is coming in for him so gets him to give a rare interview to head off potential PR disaster over the alleged fight.

He might have realised that he'll not get the type of reception he got everytime he went to take a corner at Everton off any other set of supporters.

Cheers. Why the f*** play doon south for :dave:

I guess i will have to get this channel now then

of course it will be in Malmö. Are they never going to put any matches in Umeå or Gävle :shifty:

Will be fun to watch though. Are england playing by the way?

I'm hoping N'Zogbia leaves. Looking at the last 2 seasons he's been good for half a season. He was awesome for a while but I think these days he's a little overrated and has lost interest. If we can get the prices talked about on here then I'd gladly offload him and bring in a replacement.

I'm hoping N'Zogbia leaves. Looking at the last 2 seasons he's been good for half a season. He was awesome for a while but I think these days he's a little overrated and has lost interest. If we can get the prices talked about on here then I'd gladly offload him and bring in a replacement.

Which replacements did you have in mind? I am glad as well knowing you have a left-sided midfielder lined up as a replacement! Who is it? I think a new thread in his honour is in order!

How about letting Keegan give him a good go at it next season and then assessing him?

How about letting Keegan give him a good go at it next season and then assessing him?

going to extend that to emre aswell ?

• 2 weeks later...