KK - 3 or 4 new faces?

Willow

Personally I think we should be aiming to get in 6 or 7 at least...but he also says hes still assessing the situation too.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3361576,00.html

Kevin Keegan has revealed he is looking to bring in at least three more players when the transfer window re-opens at the end of the Premier League season.

Newcastle have found themselves battling it out at the wrong end of the table this season, and Keegan admits he needs to bring in some much-needed quality in the summer in order to achieve an improved finish in next season's campaign.

Keegan said in the Daily Mirror: "We're looking to bring in three or four players who are going to set it alight in certain areas.

"I suppose we're still assessing the players we've got, up to a point. The bad news is that we've got a small squad, the good news is that it's got a lot of quality so I don't think it needs major surgery.

"I'm looking and learning every day in training. I've not been here that long, in spite of what it feels like."

Took 2 players to transform our side once already, cant see why it cant be the same now. I think people are being over dramatic with regards to the quality i our side.

Are there actually many people out there who think that player for player we deserve to be in the posisiotn we are in now? Am i the only one who thinks that as of yet we yet to see the best of the current team. 3 to 4 players would be ample.

DM, RW, AM and a CB/CF. Think Keegan rates Taylor highly to be honest, so i think he'll stick with the Faye and Tayl combination, see if it can blossom a little bit.

Two Centre mids, one right winger and a striker, that would transform the team. We probably need a few more to supplement the squad too. But we do have a good squad of individuals, just need a few signings to knit it all in.

Two Centre mids, one right winger and a striker, that would transform the team. We probably need a few more to supplement the squad too. But we do have a good squad of individuals, just need a few signings to knit it all in.

No defenders?

We have the second worst defence in the league man!!

6 or 7 new players would be way over the top and would create problems with too many players trying to settle in, 3 or 4 is about right for one window, especially if they are good quality, Keegan will be in a much better position to adjust at Christmas.

No defenders?

We have the second worst defence in the league man!!

A lot of it is to do with how unorganised they are, plus it doesn't help them that for the majority of the time the players ahead of them can't keep the ball longer than 5 seconds between them.

The midfield are more culpable for our poor defending this year, unlike previous years where we have been let down by individual mistakes.

Mistakes costing us the occassional match is a lot better than general team shitness costing us almost every match.

6 or 7 new players would be way over the top and would create problems with too many players trying to settle in, 3 or 4 is about right for one window, especially if they are good quality, Keegan will be in a much better position to adjust at Christmas.

Yea i agree, building a team takes time and not something that will happen in 1 transfer window. Id b happy with 4 top quality players.

We obviously need a new defender but  if we had a better midfield who can pass the ball and not give it away im sure our defence wouldnt come under such pressure. i dont care what team u r, if u come under as much pressure as our defence does something has to give.

I'd like us to get a good RW, I like Milner but we need someone with pace and who can whip in a good ball. Our set pieces needs vast improvement aswell, IMO we should go all out and try to get Bentley. We need to bid very early or the likes of Liverpool will bid for him.

'..three or four players who are going to set it alight in certain areas' means first-teamers IMO. Which is pretty major surgery.

I think we'll possibly end up with one or two on top of that to bulk out the squad, or youngsters.

The midfield are more culpable for our poor defending this year, unlike previous years where we have been let down by individual mistakes.

Mistakes costing us the occassional match is a lot better than general team shitness costing us almost every match.

Definately true. Never felt more sorry for a defence. Mind you, having Charlie at left back didn't help - he was exposed on quite a few occasions, not his fault though.

Definately true. Never felt more sorry for a defence. Mind you, having Charlie at left back didn't help - he was exposed on quite a few occasions, not his fault though.

OK then.

Guest LucaAltieri

Two or three to slot straight into the team in key positions and then another two or three players to fill out the squad a bit. Preferably cheap players who may or may not come good, just take a bit of a risk... however only after signing the two or three instant first teamers.

Absolutely. I've maintained all through the season that we've got some very good squad players here; some very good individuals. If Nobby and Dyer were still here, we'd probably be fairly safely in mid-table, and they were hardly 'massive' players - they're were just key.

Our key players this season have been:

??? Butt? Owen?

:dontknow:

3 or 4 new first teamers and i'd be very happy tbh. We'll be bringing in plenty of youngsters as the year develops anyhow.

If Nobby and Dyer could have got us into mid-table. Two top quality players could get us into the top 8 imo.

If we can get some flair and pace into the squad we'll do a hell of a lot better. We've got a team of grafters at the moment, and while you need grafters in your team you don't want 11 of them.

The Robert and Bellamy signings are a good analogy for me. Get 3 or 4 players with flair and pace in our side and we'll be in the top half again.

I keep reading about Bellamy & Robert transforming our team. We already had players like Shearer,Solano, Dyer,Speed,Bernard & we had others like Acuna, Lua Lua, Barton & Distin. They improved the team but it was the manager that done it, he was always after a quick forward & left winger that summer.

Who knows if Jeffers & Zenden had of signed they may of turned out decent instead of becoming shite.

Absolutely. I've maintained all through the season that we've got some very good squad players here; some very good individuals. If Nobby and Dyer were still here, we'd probably be fairly safely in mid-table, and they were hardly 'massive' players - they're were just key.

??? Butt? Owen?

3 or 4 new first teamers and i'd be very happy tbh. We'll be bringing in plenty of youngsters as the year develops anyhow.

If Nobby and Dyer could have got us into mid-table. Two top quality players could get us into the top 8 imo.

Solano is past his best (albeit still a good player) and Dyer is fucking shite.

Doubt they'd have made us mid-table

??? Butt? Owen?

Both are better than anything we've got in midfield at the moment.

??? Butt? Owen?

That says more about our midfield than those two though. We've hardly been great these past few seasons with Dyer and Solano in the team, have we?

??? Butt? Owen?

That says more about our midfield than those two though. We've hardly been great these past few seasons with Dyer and Solano in the team, have we?

But if they're better than what we've got at the moment then it's fair to say we would be in a better position than we're in now, which is the point Yorkie has made.