Your personal favourite footballing moments of all time?

GG

Here are mine:

Watford vs Bolton (Wembley May 1999)

38 minutes on the clock, Watford have a corner. Kennedy takes it and the ball is cleared by a Bolton defender over Nick Wright's head, he speculates with an overambitious over-head kick that loops into the top corner. 7 years old and Wembley goes wild, I can remember the moment vivid as life to this day. Unbelievable.

The next favourite moment was in the same game, nerves started to creep into the crowd around as the last few minutes beckoned with Bolton attacking. Suddenly Watford launch a counter-attack with Kennedy breaking down the left hand side with Allan Smart arriving in the middle, one ball across and a first time shot from Smart that slammed into the bottom corner. Yes, yes, yes! The moments after the final whistle were... wow, tbh.

Fast-forward seven years, having been relegated the season after despite wins against Chelsea and Liverpool. Other notable events had taken place in the meantime, an FA Cup semi-final, two satisfying league cup victories against Southampton and Portsmouth, 5-2 and 3-0 respectively led to us taking on Liverpool in the semi-final with us bowing out having fought bravely. Despite all this we had been struggling, following the collapse of ITV Sport and the perilous effects of that parasite Vialli and his overspending we managed to consolidate battling fiercely against relegation with an excellent Helguson goal away at Crewe ensuring survival. Anyway, we'd appointed Boothroyd and survival was the main goal. The season that followed was amazing and culminated in one of the greatest footballing moments of my life. Shaun Derry brings down Marlon King inside the box at the Millenium Stadium, Watford 2-0 up with 5 minutes left in the game, a penalty is awarded. Up steps Darius Henderson to coolly slot a penalty past Leeds goalkeeper Neil Sullivan. That moment was amazing, 3-0 up and the Premiership beckons.

Another moment of mine, less significant than the other three happened this season. It didn't take place in the Premiership season that followed the excellent promotion campaign, it wasn't the FA Cup semi-final against Man United, nor the 4-2 drubbing against Portsmouth although the Gavin Mahon (!) screamer to put us 4-1 up in that game was sensational. September 16th, Sunday lunchtime kick-off against Southampton, it's 2-2 with little or no time left. Darius Henderson, having scored a dramatic equaliser just minutes earlier was to step up to the plate again. A corner was curled into the box then bobble around, with the Southampton defence unable to clear, nor a yellow shirt able to stick it in the back of the net. A few micro-seconds of sheer frustration until this was all converted into euphoria as Darius Henderson turned to chip the ball over Southampton 'keeper Kelvin Davis to put Watford into the lead in the last seconds of the game. I'm not sure why, but I absolutely savoured every second of that moment. It was great, albeit fairly insignificant.

What are your favourite? personal footballing moments

Beating Leicester 7-1 on the final day of the promotion season. Such a fantastic carnival atmosphere, made all the more amazing because of the turnaround from the previous season when relegation and receivership were very real possibilities for most of the season.

Why is it so much harder to remember the shite ones? :(

The one that's immediately popping into my head is Shearer's long range goal vs Chelsea, 03/04. Just love that goal; and i think it arguably is just a bit better than the Everton volley. Technically, the way he held off Desailly, and just blasted it with such immense power and accuracy - superb.

It wasn't particularly significant and it wasn't even particularly special, even though it was Chelsea, but that was just a quality feeling. Fucking brilliant, brilliant goal.

The one that's immediately popping into my head is Shearer's long range goal vs Chelsea, 03/04. Just love that goal; and i think it arguably is just a bit better than the Everton volley. Technically, the way he held off Desailly, and just blasted it with such immense power and accuracy - superb.

It wasn't particularly significant and it wasn't even particularly special, even though it was Chelsea, but that was just a quality feeling. f****** brilliant, brilliant goal.

Laurent Robert`s 2 spectacular volleys in the same game against Spurs in 03/04 season. I think they were both contenders for goal of the season. Immense  :coolsmiley:

Guest diddimz

aloisis penalty to get australia into the world cup

roberts brace against spurs

though its a personal moment, my trip to south america, played in the punta cup for an aussie rep side and scored against san lorenzo and almost another against gremio in the space of 48hours ill never forget

the last 10 minutes against japan in the world cup

For unrivalled happiness, when Shearer wound up Roy Keane so much that he punched the yellow card out of the ref's hand and ten got a straight red right in front of my seat in the corner :)

For shear amazement, Robert's double against Spurs and Bellamy's winner against Feyenoord

Why is it so much harder to remember the shite ones? :(

It wasn't particularly significant and it wasn't even particularly special, even though it was Chelsea, but that was just a quality feeling. Fucking brilliant, brilliant goal.

That was the last we really saw of Shearer that goal.

Shearer's testimonial for me, we may never see the like of it at SJP again

Same. The emotions felt all through that evening could only be reached again when we actually win something.

Plus the Celtic fans were fantastic.

Tino's pen versus Barca for me. Unbelievable stuff, for us to be 1-0 up against FC Barcelona was something i never thought would happen, nevermind us going on to win 3-2.

Robets own goal of the season competition v Spurs.

The whole day versus Leicester in 92/93.

Van Basten's stunning goal in the '88 European championship's final. Being a dutch boy of the age of 12 (at the time) I felt on top of the world and I fear it will be a long time before football will make me feel like that again, if ever..

Close personal second: Feyenoord (my hometown team) winning the Uefa Cup in their own stadium in 2002 just days after the political murder of Fortuin had shocked the nation and Rotterdam where he lived. Most surreal atmosphere ever..

As far as Newcastle is concerned, the best atmosphere and win I can remember witnessing first hand was an FA Cup match vs Chelsea in snowey conditions where Kluivert got the winner with a great header.

God, how I would love for Newcastle to finally win something major. It would be absolutely amazing in a city so footballminded as Newcastle!

surprised no one has mentioned the 5-0 v man utd, probs the best all round display we have ever had beating one of the best teams in football...not sure if its my all time favourite moment but it has to be up there

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1990000/images/_1993071_withe_goal_emp.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9311/peterwithelz3.jpg

Legend.

Class when he tried to tackle that dog.  :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1990000/images/_1993071_withe_goal_emp.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9311/peterwithelz3.jpg

Legend.

Class when he tried to tackle that dog.  :lol:

When we signed him, people were saying "surely we can sign better players than that". Saunders said "he's the final piece in the jigsaw".

We looked at him as if he was having some kind of nervous breakdown and losing the plot.

He was right. Trust in the manager.

Zat Knight however ......

Guest Jawesome

0-0 draw with West Brom a few years ago.

No, seriously I would have to say when Ray Houghton scored against the Italians.  Probably my earliest ever memory of a football match.

Surprised no one mentioned Rob Lee's equaliser in the semis against Chelsea in the FA Cup in 2000, although Poyet's goal a minute later probably changed most peoples mind :lol: