Full backs next season

TRon

Guest toon_army46

you have to remember about enrique that he is still very young, what 21 /22? and he's moved into a different style of football.... give the lad a chance, he'l come good! Big sam spend over 6mill on him so he must of seen some good in him! Not to mention the Villareal fans protested when he got sold so they must think he's going to be a big talent for the future!

Hutton was shit today and hes not that consistent.

Beye is far better imo. Wish he had scored today, that would have been a brilliant goal and all of you would be worshipping him.

Hutton was pretty decent today, their best player by far imo. Still haven't seen anything of him that would make me want him over Beye mind.

Also I agree with whoever said we need one more centre half. That would be acceptable.

you have to remember about enrique that he is still very young, what 21 /22? and he's moved into a different style of football.... give the lad a chance, he'l come good! Big sam spend over 6mill on him so he must of seen some good in him! Not to mention the Villareal fans protested when he got sold so they must think he's going to be a big talent for the future!

I don't think anyone's debating that; the need for another left back is because Enrique is our only proven and natural player there and so we're in a spot of shit if he gets injured, suspended or whatever.

I don't think anyone's debating that; the need for another left back is because Enrique is our only proven and natural player there and so we're in a spot of s*** if he gets injured, suspended or whatever.

either a youngster who wouldn't expect first team games straight off or an experienced pro (maybe centre half come left back) who knows he's part of a squad.

Guest toon_army46

I don't think anyone's debating that; the need for another left back is because Enrique is our only proven and natural player there and so we're in a spot of s*** if he gets injured, suspended or whatever.

I think we should go for another quality youngster instead of looking for a cheap number 2. A kid that could play LB naturally when needed, like you said, but still to be groomed into the team to be something special in the future.

I remember a few years back mentioning Gael Clichy but people were like naaah, never going to be very good etc.... haha

Beye's getting on a bit so we'll have to look to replace him soonish, absolute class player though, good for another season at the very least imo.

He's only 30 so I'd say he's got another two good seasons in him at least.

either a youngster who wouldn't expect first team games straight off or an experienced pro (maybe centre half come left back) who knows he's part of a squad.

Yep, which is why I'm unsure on signing Shorey or Bridge as they'll be wanting to play ahead of Enrique rather than occasionally swapping in for him. Would be a shame if that happened as I feel Enrique has alot going for him and would be wasted in the reserves. Someone similar to that Gunter guy that Spuds signed would fit the bill nicely.

Yep, which is why I'm unsure on signing Shorey or Bridge as they'll be wanting to play ahead of Enrique rather than occasionally swapping in for him. Would be a shame if that happened as I feel Enrique has alot going for him and would be wasted in the reserves. Someone similar to that Gunter guy that Spuds signed would fit the bill nicely.

putting my head on the block but i think enrique could become a very good international class left back. hate to see us lose him. i also think he is better defensivly than bridge or shorey and, with our upturn in form and different playing style (ie passing) has looked a decent ball player aswell. not the finished article by any means but shows everything needed at that age to think he could go far.

Hutton was s*** today and hes not that consistent.

Beye is far better imo. Wish he had scored today, that would have been a brilliant goal and all of you would be worshipping him.

Wrong, Hutton was one of Spurs' only good players. Looked very good I thought.

Beye's getting on a bit so we'll have to look to replace him soonish, absolute class player though, good for another season at the very least imo.

He's only 30 so I'd say he's got another two good seasons in him at least.

Rubbish. If he keeps his fitness and knees, we could get another 4 or 5 years out of him. Remember stalwarts like Carboni, Angloma and Thuram etc....they just keep going being quality experienced players.

Beye has been good and Enrique is improving every game.

Beye is not that young and while I'm happy that we bought him, I couldn't say I wouldn't have liked Hutton here. I had the opportunity through to watch him play for Scotland through their sponsors, against some top class opposition and he has looked top, top quality, paciest fullback I've ever seen.  Plus if I'm not mistaken he's younger or around the same age as Enrique, a quality or point people have been going on about him.

Much depends on what system Keegan wants to play I reckon.

If he wants a traditional 4-4-2 then both are absolutely fine, no problems whatsoever. If we're going to persist with the 4-3-3 we've seen recently then I think our full-backs become more of an issue, as with a narrow 3-man midfield it's imperative that your full-backs can get up and down the flanks and give you that bit of width. Neither are that type of player, IYAM.

Not been sure what to make of Enrique most of his time here, but I reckon he's got the makings of an extremely good left-back. Most of his problems at the moment seem to stem from taking too long to pass/clear the ball. I think that once he gets used to the pace of the Premiership, he could be very useful.

Seems a lot of mentions of Beye needing to be replaced soon, i reckon he's got at least another couple of good seasons left in him.

Agreed. Plenty of full backs are still playing great despite being in their 30`s. Roma got rid of Cafu at 33 cos they thought he was to old yet he`s been playing superb for Milan 3 seasons on at 36 years of age!

Guest teepee

I'd be very disappointed if we signed someone to go ahead of Enrique. No need.

same here - get in someone who can cover in case of an injury to enrique, not someone to replace him.

Keegan saying a LB is top priority i a good thing, its not a downer on Enrique but the fact that if he got injured we are stuffed, no Zoggy next season I reckon so we 100% need another LB.

Carr will be sold and Beye is getting on although still a very decent RB, we will need another but I see no reason why Enrique and Beye cannot be 1st choice still.