Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This guy has really stepped up his game in the last couple of matches and has been overlooked for praise. I reckon in the future he could take over nicky butt's role. Against spurs he was very influential and really covered the pitch as well which i was suprised about. He's got a good work rate and is finding his passing as well. will be interesting to see what keegan does with the midfield when emre and milner return.

Jokes aside, he's looked far better in the 4-3-3 than he has all season in other various formations. His defensive work might not catch the eye, but he has done it well, not to mention he looks due a goal soon. Fair play to him, he's making a go of it.

Credit to Barton for the level of performance he's turned in recently.

Against the backdrop of his circumstances, having to play in stadiums where opposition fans have had it in for him and playing for a club with some of the worst and least supportive fans in football who have also had it in for him, he has shown a lot of courage to play through it. Although performances indicated that things were wrong with him, he never lacked commitment or hid.

Credit also to Keegan for once again showing the type of supreme man management he is known for and supporting the kid when so many others wanted to kick him when he was down.

Just watched the Spurs game again, Barton was fucking immense. Many key passes and it seems that he over night cut out all of his silly mistakes that he made frequently up til the Fulham game. Keep it up, Joey!

Two of my mates were stewards at Citeh and the both thought that Barton was class last season, dominated games, assisting and goalscoring. I've been down their a couple of times to see them against us and he ran us off the park in both games.

The performances of the past 2-3 games have me more like that but i can't help feel there is still alot more to come from him. We should do everything we can to help him to become a top player for us. 

Because of his erratic behaviour the juries still out on whether he will deliver, fingers crossed.

Yeah, completely agree he has been terrific in the last few games, the part he played in the Martins goal typifies what he's been about, winning tackles and then setting someone up.

lets hope any jail term, and I think he'll probably get some, takes place during the closed season. Not going to be an easy summer for the lad and I hope he's learned his lesson at last.

Well done to him. One of the huge bonus' of Keegan's appointment was th fact that he was already very familiar with Joey. I think this had been a huge help for the guy.

Keegan had some comments a few games back saying how he had asked Joey to keep it simple and not try to do too much, and since then he has been playing much better and not losing the ball as much. Think he was just trying too hard earlier in the season and moreso after the mess he got himself in.

I wish him all the best.

Guest Phil K

Happy with his upturn in form - and doesn't he seem to be revelling in it !

I can see him wanting the season to continue at this rate of improvement.

I personally, PERSONALLY...

..want to sell Butt and keep Barton.

He's the kind of player most love to hate. But some just love him, usually the fans of the teams hes playing for... unless he goes Rambo on one of his teammates. And If he will with us I hope he takes out Milner.

He's scum of the earth and I'd love to see the club have the balls to out him before the start of next season.

Don't know about you but I'm more bothered than anything about what our players do on the pitch, clearly their lifestyles off the pitch mean more to you.

He's scum of the earth and I'd love to see the club have the balls to out him before the start of next season.

Don't know about you but I'm more bothered than anything about what our players do on the pitch, clearly their lifestyles off the pitch mean more to you.

Unfortunately managers can't be so idealistic or they'd only be in charge of Sunday 5 a sides in a church league.

So dragging the good name of the club through the crap and being the worst of role models means nothing to you then?