The NUFC section "own up" thread...........

madras

........in which you can own up to being wrong. No childish proving others got it wrong, this is confessional.

Here goes.

I said...........

Re: Newcastle United 2 - 0 Fulham - 22/03/08 - post match reaction from page 20

« Reply #701 on: March 22, 2008, 10:58:09 PM »

if we play 4-3-3 at spurs we'll be throwing points away. it was ok agianst brum and fulham but with confidence up 4-4-2 away will be better....keegans choice to drop owen,viduka or martins (owen my choice but it wont happen)

:blush:

Oh, and last season, I made a thread titled "has Titus Bramble turned the corner" a week or so before AZ away happened.

This year I did the same for Carr about a week or so before Villa away.

No I just don't live in a dream world, Spurs are a good side and they'll have us pegged back for a fair amount of the game, we should be solid first. It would take one change to go to 433, we at least have the option swap.

Fine but then we could well be looking at another hammering which Spurs are capable of giving us, they scored 4 against Chelsea the other week, fuck knows how many it could be if their strikers turn up.

Christ.

I think we should keep the 3 who were in midfield and have N'Zogbia on the left to provide cover for Enrique otherwise he'll have two players to deal with most of the time. We've played two shit teams and done reasonably well with this formation, that doesn't warrant it being cast in stone as our best formation. Playing away against a better team you need to think about the opposition first and 442 is the way we should go imo.

Geremi-Butt-Barton-Zog

Zog can push on when we have the ball.

And that's just about Spurs...

:smug:

I predicted us to get beat by spurs

I voted we would get relegated a few matches ago

I called Keegan a cunt in the first half at brum

I said Michael Owen was a wanker earlier in the season

I thought Smith would turn out to be a good player for us. Roffle

Same here

Me too, especially after Arsenal at home.

I got Barton 7 on the back of my shirt, which up til recently looked like a horrid move, but now is looking okay-ish. Double owning up there.

Re: How Many League Goals Do You Think Alan Smith Will Score This Season?

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 09:17:27 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone said 6 yet? Baggsy 6

Guest float one in

I was convinced, against all logic and knowledge of his track record, and despite the ridicule of most mates and family members, that Souness would be successful when he got the job. I don't know, I just had a feeling that NUFC would get the best out of him and he'd do a good job for us.

Suppose that should go down as a gross error of judgement.  :blush:

Also thought Smith would be a decent signing.

It wouldn't fucking kill some people on here to admit they were ever wrong (mentioning no names of course).