Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading - 05/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 18

James

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

How has Barton been playing, anyone?

He and Enrique are developing a great understanding with each other.  Been our top midfielder today, imo

I think 433 can get a little overrun at times by a 442 formation at times, but individually our players have all put in very good performances.

Harper has been our worst player courtesy of not being forced into pulling off any very good saves.

The full backs have been our best, Beye in particular.

Simple passes, and helping out well with defending. He's not done much attacking but that's because we haven't needed it. I'd like to see him dribble with the ball and drive it towards their goal more often as opposed to simply laying it off to Enrique all the time. But, he's had a nice little half so far and hasn't put a foot wrong. That probably applies to the rest of our midfielders as well who haven't made that many mistakes and have helped out very well in defence.

Guest Ebolarama

He and Enrique are developing a great understanding with each other.  Been our top midfielder today, imo

Nice. Encouraging to hear.

To measure how good allardyce is see where Bolton is now compare to last year at this time. For us though no man can wake us up except Keegan no great manger can understand Newcastle.  Keegan and Newcastle are like a perfect marrage Keegan is medocire with our us and We are avarge with out Keegan Hurray!!!!!

Guest LucaAltieri

Solid enough. Sitting back and making simple passes. Playing very close to Butt.

I remember him losing the ball once. Also got out wide and put a good low ball in that Owen should have finished off.

Beye the best player of the game so far, followed by Martins. Oba is doing a lot of running. Working hard out on the left linking up with Enrique during build up play and he's been our main outlet through the middle when we break.

Have been immense the lads have Enrique and Beye have been very good, Viduka has been holding the ball up well great goals from Owen and Martins. All in all a great performance from the lads.

This formation has been a revelation.

Owen is so much more dangerous arriving late in the box. His timing is other worldly.

Oba is just running riot out there too.

It's going to be very hard to abandon this formation, and I really don't think we should.

Get's the best out of Owen and Oba who are really looking like our two best attacking players.

Guest Phil K

Now for the people who were raving about relegation on here to tell us we're gonna win the league next year.

4 points in 36 was it ?

Was it any bloody wonder ???

Regardless - or as Benjamin Franklin said during the American Revolution - now we should all swing together or we'll all swing seperately....

Guest rebel_yell12

The Entertainers are back.

We've never been away anyway. The last 11 years were just a bad dream. KK never resigned....we didn't lose two cup finals...Souness wasn't real...and Fumaca certainly never played for us. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!

Keegan:  "Don't cry for me, Geordie Nation...the truth is I never left you"

Sorry, couldn't resist.  

Still not quite ready to call this one.  Granted, Reading aren't Arsenal, but there have been teams gone 2-0 up and not won the match.  More goals, lads, more goals!