A Player Who Never Seems To Get The Praise

Tooj

Compared to that of some of his counterparts, even when we took our team to the next level you always hear of Gillespie, but rarely this man's name is spoken of, when we look back at the team back then.

His finest hour for me, not just that Mackem free-kick but that game against Liverpool. He supplied the bullets so many times that season for Cole, top class he was for us.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6750/scottsellarsir0.jpg

Sellars was fantastic, but even at the time everyone said he was underrated. So I'm not sure who was underrating him when everyone knew how good he was anyway? I doubt you'll get many (If any) people in here saying he was crap.

I always thought Nobby Solano reminded me a bit of a right-sided Scott Sellars.

Guest zeta87

Though I havent seen him play i think Len White is somewhat undervalued just because he played alongside with J.Milburn.

Thought we played better football (not more effective football, just more attractive) in our first two seasons in the PL (iirc) with Sellars wide-left (especially at SJP) than we did after we signed Ginola. Ginola was a better player but some of the one and two touch passing in that side was sublime.

Thought we played better football (not more effective football, just more attractive) in our first two seasons in the PL (iirc) with Sellars wide-left (especially at SJP) than we did after we signed Ginola. Ginola was a better player but some of the one and two touch passing in that side was sublime.

i'm said that few times. sellars summed up the pass and go football we played.

he had a brief stint in denmark with my favourite team a few seasons ago - horrible :-)

didnt realise he played in Denmark. Which team?

He`s still playing at Sheffield United....one of the few regulars left from the old KK era

No he isnt, he is assistant manager at Chesterfield.

Guest neesy111

sellars best game was when we beat Souness's liverpool 3-0  ;D when cole got a hat-trick the combination between the 2 tht day is the best ive seen at St James