Ronaldinho - off to AC Milan

STM

todays times reckon sven is getting sacked at the end of the season anyway, so how close he was to signing for citeh we'll never know.

having said that, i've never known that balague guy be right yet

He's quite accurate a lot of the time. That sounds like bollocks though.

Jesus, I wish we cared about this sport here. 12.6 million a year for Ronaldinho? The Knicks are filled to the brim with assholes I wouldn't recognize on the street making more than that.

What on earth are you on about?  :yikes:  What does caring about a sport and making already overpaid people even more overpaid have to do with each other?  Do you think having an ad break every 2 minutes during a game equals caring about the sport  :idiot2:  I think these players get enough don't you?...

In talks with City, :lol: come on man is he serious surely not..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3458879,00.html

City hold Ronaldinho talks

Executive director claims discussions have taken place

Last updated: 22nd April 2008

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SPECIALS

Champions League winner and runner up: Man Utd beat Liverpool 9/2 or Chelsea beat Man Utd 11/2.

Place your first bet and we'll match it up to £20.

Ronaldinho

We've had discussions [with Ronaldinho] but we'll see how that pans out.

Manchester City executive director Taweesuk Jack Srisumrid has claimed that the club have held talks over a deal for Barcelona star Ronaldinho.

The 28-year-old Brazilian appeared to be set for a summer transfer to Serie A side Milan, however reports claim a deal has stalled.

City have also been linked with the former World Player of the Year, but manager Sven Goran Eriksson has been keen to delay talk of a move until the season has concluded.

However, it is reported in Tuesday's press that Ronaldinho's brother and agent Roberto de Assis met with Taweesuk over a deal.

Galacticos

"What we will look to do in the summer is to further boost the squad, bring in top-quality, internationally recognised players," Taweesuk told The Daily Telegraph.

"Superstars would help fill the stadium and help our global branding. Primarily, we must win on the pitch - it can't be a gimmick.

"We've had discussions [with Ronaldinho] but we'll see how that pans out.

"We've looked at a host of players. Man City having discussions with superstar players used to be unimaginable, but not now.

"It won't be a galacticos strategy, but older famous names. We want to build around the team we have."

No one reckon we should be in for him then?

Now that WOULD be a f****** statement signing.

I reckon we should give it a try anyway.

:rolleyes:

Newcastle chairman, Chris Mort.

No one reckon we should be in for him then?

Now that WOULD be a f****** statement signing.

I reckon we should give it a try anyway.

:rolleyes:

Newcastle chairman, Chris Mort.

I don't think for a minute we'd get him btw. Just worth a try imo.

Owen is brilliant at getting into space and finding quality positions, play him off the last man. With him doing what he does and relying on Ronaldinho to play that killer pass, we would be lethal!

Owen is brilliant at getting into space and finding quality positions, play him off the last man. With him doing what he does and relying on Ronaldinho to play that killer pass, we would be lethal!

He hasn't got the pace to be played off the last man.  :razz:

Viduka's the one who plays with his back to goal though and holds the ball up and plays team mates in from that position which isn't what Owen is good at imo.

Guest MagicNumber9

Aw for fucks sake, sell Owen and replace him with a REAL striker, you know who im thinking off.... Dean Ashton, better than Torres

:D

Guest float one in

I'd be very surprised if Keegan hasn't mentioned going for Ronaldinho to Chris Mort. Don't know what's happened to him at Barca  (he's been injured this year hasn't he?) but I bet he'd love playing for KK if we could get him. I'm not saying its realistic to expect him to come here btw.