Portsmouth 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/04/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Half time. Not bad at all really.

Not perfect, and we've not clicked yet, but this game is there for the taking.

We've looked more dangerous than they have, although when theyve had possession its been closer to our goal.

Good first half away to a good side. At least we dont look like conceding cheaply...so far anyway.

We're looking solid. We've got em stretched at the back, so I would like to see some more running against their centre halves.

Think Keegan will give the team a proper teamtalk and we'll destroy them in the second half.!

Not bad, we seem to be using the cross field ball to Martins well but we need to get support up to him quicker.

Would have been harsh to give a penalty against Taylor, nothing he could do about it.

Viduka needs to get himself in the game more second half.

Guest Shibby

Not impressed with the performance thus far. We're losing the battle in midfield. Play 4-4-2 and get Duff in.

We'll have the wind in our faces 2nd half, and the sun will be less in our faces this half.

We've been overhitting the ball this half, I think the headwind is the best of the two to have providing we don't knacker ourselves.

Game could go either way.

This is the first game I've watched on TV since we've picked up and for me the transformation of the midfield - Butt in particular - is astounding.

I've watched extended highlights, but it's no way near the same. Enrique had a shaky start for me, seems a bit frustrated. Martins started off brightly. I'd say we've been more of a threat but Pompey aren't really being dominated.

3 points is still a possibility at this point.

I think Pompey will have much more of a go at us in the 2nd, Harry will not be happy with that.

We need to stay solid and see it out for about the 1st 20 mins or so, a point would be a great result for us, but we may nick it late on if they over commit and we can catch out behind with the pace of Oba..

:D

This is the first game I've watched on TV since we've picked up and for me the transformation of the midfield - Butt in particular - is astounding.

I've watched extended highlights, but it's no way near the same. Enrique had a shaky start for me, seems a bit frustrated. Martins started off brightly. I'd say we've been more of a threat but Pompey aren't really being dominated.

3 points is still a possibility at this point.

And he's been pretty shit by his recent standards.

Not impressed with the performance thus far. We're losing the battle in midfield. Play 4-4-2 and get Duff in.

We're simply not going to beat them in midfield, Diop and Muntari are beasts, and Kranjcar has more quality than our midfielders. We should carry on with what we're doing.

I thought we were the better side to be honest.

We can't be doing bad if the corners read pompey 0 newcastle 5. We have had more and better chances.

I expect a better half from pompey next though.