Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

They are just jealous that Newcastle is better than their little s*** hole town and club in everyway possible.

That just about sums it up mate, and what makes them hate us even more is the fact that we know the above to be true.

Fuckin hell, just reading through that Geordie hatred thread on RTG and one lad wants "A terrorist attack in Newcastle to wipe the fuckers out!"

Fuckin hell, they fuckin hate us beyond belief really!  :lol:

Twenty years ago when our city and their town were close in terms of economy and status and the football clubs were pretty equal too, they still had a chip on their shoulder about Newcastle being considered the regional capital.

The last couple of decades has seen Newcastle's status soar to become a well known European centre, rated by many as England's best looking city and our football club (last couple of seasons apart) become a top English team with regular European football.

Meanwhile their city  :lol: is a dump which is rarely heard of nationwide unless some bright spark has been firing rockets out of his arse or something similar. At the same time their football club has been a laughing stock now given false hope by some faceless Irish "businessmen" of dubious credentials.

It's little wonder that the jealousy and vitriol which always lingered is now raging towards insanity.

The thread you mention from SMB could (should ?) be the subject of a whole psychiatric seminar.

Fuckin hell, just reading through that Geordie hatred thread on RTG and one lad wants "A terrorist attack in Newcastle to wipe the fuckers out!"

Twenty years ago when our city and their town were close in terms of economy and status and the football clubs were pretty equal too, they still had a chip on their shoulder about Newcastle being considered the regional capital.

The last couple of decades has seen Newcastle's status soar to become a well known European centre, rated by many as England's best looking city and our football club (last couple of seasons apart) become a top English team with regular European football.

Meanwhile their city  :lol: is a dump which is rarely heard of nationwide unless some bright spark has been firing rockets out of his arse or something similar. At the same time their football club has been a laughing stock now given false hope by some faceless Irish "businessmen" of dubious credentials.

It's little wonder that the jealousy and vitriol which always lingered is now raging towards insanity.

The thread you mention from SMB could (should ?) be the subject of a whole psychiatric seminar.

:lol:

Hello,

I'm a photographer, and I'm busy collecting photographs for a book that I'm hoping to have published, entitled, "The Cathedrals of Britain's Cities".  I've got some beautiful photographs of many of the Cathedrals within Great Britain, however there is one in particular I am unable to find and am wondering if you could help me find it.  It's the Cathedral for the City of Sunderland.  I've done my research, and am unable to locate a Cathedral for this City.  Would any of you happen to know where Sunderland Cathedral is, after all it is meant to be a city.

Regards.

Burglars Dog sums them up perfectly...

"While I'm on the subject of regional stereotypes, people often ask why Newcastle and Sunderland hate each other. The simple answer is we don't: they hate us, but we just find them amusing. Have you ever witnessed such an embarrassing display of inferiority complex? We have a world-famous bridge; they get themselves a crappy fun-size version of it. We're a famous city - with the mandatory cathedral - so they mewl and whine their way to city status, whether they're entitled to it or not. Just the fact that it's Tyne and Wear and not the other way round is enough to turn them apoplectic, the poor, downtrodden, vowel-mangling oafs. And - despite the fact that we're geographically north of Wearside, you'll never hear of a mackem going UP to Newcastle - always 'through'. Or is that thrayeew? There is, however, one thing that Sunderland trumps Newcastle on, and that's the Air Show. People from Newcastle go to the airport to see planes up close, and maybe even board them to destinations near and far. Sunderland inhabitants, meanwhile, gather on beaches and in fields to marvel at the displays above them. 'Lewk, Jewley! A big metal bird flying over thee 'ouse!' Fucking airshow. Only in Sunderland… "

Burglars Dog sums them up perfectly...

"While I'm on the subject of regional stereotypes, people often ask why Newcastle and Sunderland hate each other. The simple answer is we don't: they hate us, but we just find them amusing. Have you ever witnessed such an embarrassing display of inferiority complex? We have a world-famous bridge; they get themselves a crappy fun-size version of it. We're a famous city - with the mandatory cathedral - so they mewl and whine their way to city status, whether they're entitled to it or not. Just the fact that it's Tyne and Wear and not the other way round is enough to turn them apoplectic, the poor, downtrodden, vowel-mangling oafs. And - despite the fact that we're geographically north of Wearside, you'll never hear of a mackem going UP to Newcastle - always 'through'. Or is that thrayeew? There is, however, one thing that Sunderland trumps Newcastle on, and that's the Air Show. People from Newcastle go to the airport to see planes up close, and maybe even board them to destinations near and far. Sunderland inhabitants, meanwhile, gather on beaches and in fields to marvel at the displays above them. 'Lewk, Jewley! A big metal bird flying over thee 'ouse!' f****** airshow. Only in Sunderland… "

its true, and most of the mackems I know acknowledge that, all of them go to either one of our two Universities and some have even moved to our city.  They happily admit they only go to sunderland every other Saturday to watch their team play, and thats it.  Its the mongs I've met that try and argue sunderland has everything Newcastle does that annoy the fuck out of me.  However I keep quiet and weep at night, "fuck.  If only we had a glass centre"

As far as the pre match drink goes does anyone know of any bars with a 24 hour licence or that are open early in the centre. Usually start at the vault and work up towards the match via rose & crown, idols, sam jacks and newcastle arms but they will probably only serve a pint at 12pm.

Obviously naming bars that are not supposed to be open but are is a no no however a PM would be champion!

As far as the pre match drink goes does anyone know of any bars with a 24 hour licence or that are open early in the centre. Usually start at the vault and work up towards the match via rose & crown, idols, sam jacks and newcastle arms but they will probably only serve a pint at 12pm.

Obviously naming bars that are not supposed to be open but are is a no no however a PM would be champion!

Vault is opening at half 10!