Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

Excited like, just hope we don't fall flat on this hurdle. Could quite happily see us lose our last three in exchange for a win here, no probs.

Going to be tough, close game and no doubt Keane will be sending the bullies out from the off diving into tackles, need to tell Barton to keep his cool.

Let them do it and play for the fouls, they'll soon be down to ten or at least put the ref in our favour.

Guest BooBoo

Funny how this game throws up unexpected heroes. As such i'll be tempted to bung a few quid on Barton to be scoring the last goal.

Don't forget we drew with this lot even when we were s***. Tight game, but I reckon we'll end up 2-0 winners.

Only through sheer luck though.

Well exactly. Even when we were so shit we had to rely on a cross to get us a goal, they still couldn't beat us.

Guest Stephen927

4-1 Newcastle.

Owen (2), Martins, Enrique - Fancy Evans to score for Sunderland at the death.

I maybe being cocky, but I can't see them being able to cope with our front three, in particular Owen's smart off the ball movements.

Guest mobiius

i can see the scum coming having a good 15mins to start cos they will need to be up for it but after our first couple go in and their muppets stop singing it will be a case of damage limitation for keane. aprt from that kid theyve ponced off manure they dont have anything that can or will cope with our front 3. i  fully expect smith and duff to either start or come on at sometime as it will be a shop window to sell the pair to keane. one is irish the other is ex manure more or less a done deal imo. on scores i will go for 4-1

With there being less pressure for us due to easing of relegation worries, we will be able to play good, free-flowing football. I expect Sunderland to huff and puff for 20 mins during which it will be hectic, but with the pace and movement of Martins and Owen floating around Viduka's clever hold up play, we'll pick them off like snipers by the end.

3-1 - all three strikers to hit the net  :pow: :pow: :pow:

Those touting a cricket score have delusions above their station. Firstly, cricket scores do not happen in derbies. Secondly, 3 wins against mediocre / shit opposition does not make us capable of cricket scores. Thirdly the mackems are only a 3 points behind us.

I think we're favourites, but let's not get carried away here. I'll go 2-1, goals from Martins and Barton.

I'm getting a bit nervous for this.  I cant see it being a daft score for us.  The mackems will work really hard in the first 20 minutes, then it will be down to us to move the ball about and pick them off.

I'm not writing the mackems off. 

Guest teepee

this season will be a hell of a lot nicer to look back at if we beat them...

and i think we will, but as many are saying it wont be a hammering. i also think it will be 2-1 with owen to score from the spot and barton to win it for us.....

I'm getting a bit nervous for this.  I cant see it being a daft score for us.  The mackems will work really hard in the first 20 minutes, then it will be down to us to move the ball about and pick them off.

I'm not writing the mackems off. 

me neither. they'll go 4-5-1 and be up for it. smother the midfiled and play off jones for the break. an early goal for us could break their gameplan.