Champions League (Semi finals, 2nd legs)

Tooj

C. Ronaldo the big time bottler.

Pretty much a lone striker in the Nou Camp. Not sure what could have been expected of him tbh. the penalty was shocking though. But does that make Shearer a bottler baring in mind he missed a penalty against Partizan that cost us a Champions League spot, as well as one against Wolves which also pretty much ended our chances of 4th spot that season?

total shite.

played at snails pace.

man utd couldnt get the ball off them, and barca couldnt do nowt with it when they had it.

fergie's tactics at this stage of european competion are mongfull.

rooney on the right with ronaldo up front, and playing park who chased thin air all night.

shite.

Champions League is just like the last World Cup. Group stages are decent, then when its the knockout rounds, big teams are so shit scared of losing they almost try not to win. Gimme Premier League games any day of the week.

Barca fans are supposed to be notorious in demanding entertaining football. Well they should all be demanding their money back after that safety first shite.

As for Man U, if Fergie ever complains about other premier teams being defensive, I hope someone refers him to this game.

It was good to see Ronaldo showing up when it matters ;)

Who would have thought that after the first leg, the tie that was the most entertaining would be the Liverpool - Chelsea one? Honestly, what were the odds of that?

Barca taught Man Utd a lesson today in possession football. As good as Man Utd are, when was the last time they only had 35% of the possession in any single game? When was the last time their midfield was penetrated so often and effortlessly?

Tbf, even though it ended 0-0 and Barca didn't capitalise on all the possession, I thought they were only always about one pass away from scoring a goal and I expect them to score at OT considering that Man Utd will have to come at them.

It was good to see Ronaldo showing up when it matters ;)

Who would have thought that after the first leg, the tie that was the most entertaining would be the Liverpool - Chelsea one? Honestly, what were the odds of that?

Barca taught Man Utd a lesson today in possession football. As good as Man Utd are, when was the last time they only had 35% of the possession in any single game? When was the last time their midfield was penetrated so often and effortlessly?

Tbf, even though it ended 0-0 and Barca didn't capitalise on all the possession, I thought they were only always about one pass away from scoring a goal and I expect them to score at OT considering that Man Utd will have to come at them.

I thought Barca's possession was mostly cosmetic, they didn't commit bodies in the opposition penalty area enough to get goals. The tie is 50/50 for me, as we will probably get another chess match at OT.

Guest mrainey

Who would have thought Liverpool vs Chelsea would be more entertaining than Barcelona vs Man Utd? It was.

Ye I said that straight after the match. Sad day for football.

Will be a cracking second leg I reckon. There have been a fair few boring first away legs for English sides in the CL over the past decde, only for the second leg to be immense entertainment. Particularly at Old Trafford, where ManU tend to get bummed by the more talented opposition.

Will be a cracking second leg I reckon. There have been a fair few boring first away legs for English sides in the CL over the past decde, only for the second leg to be immense entertainment. Particularly at Old Trafford, where ManU tend to get bummed by the more talented opposition.

Since when?