Simple, Deco or Modric

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Alan Shearer 9

People talk so much shit about Deco it's unbelievable. Great work ethic, yes a bit of a cheater (he's portugese FFS), absolute class. Him, Xavi and Messi dominated possession against the best team in this country last night. Is Modric capable of that? He's played a few seasons in Bulgaria or wherever the fuck it is, whoop de doo. Deco has vast experience in one of the world's top leagues/Europe, and while I would probably prefer us to get Modric as he is a player for the long term, the way people go on about Deco is rediculous.

Deco is better than Modric, or at least was a year or two ago, not sure what form he is in now, didn't exactly sparkle last night. but Modric is a player who can give 10 years of performances whereas Deco, maybe one or two, if he can adapt and doesn't decline radpily. plus modric's value will rise if he plays well, so even if he moves on to bigger fish, we'll more than make our money back on him.

Diego is the best of the three but his next move will be to a big team, whereas Modric is still at the stage Diego was when he played for Porto, ie someone the big clubs were unsure of so more likely to move to a medium sized team.

Guest battyleespeed

i havent even seen modric but i dont really need to... no matter how good he is there is no knowing what will happen when he transfers over to new environment and to new, higher level of football.

definetely deco for me... experience is critical. we all saw what happened last time we opted buying potential (bramble, jenas, dyer, viana, cort, etc.)... almost all of those players failed to produce and one of the reasons why we fell from the top 4 so badly. deco should be at his peak now and he'll be okay physically for couple seasons at least... besides playmakers tend to get better with age

we need core of experienced world class players who are supported by talented young players who are still learning their trade.

applying the same "too old" logic i guess beardley should had never come back and we should had never bought ginola or if looking for more recent players habib beye

People talk so much shit about Deco it's unbelievable. Great work ethic, yes a bit of a cheater (he's portugese FFS), absolute class. Him, Xavi and Messi dominated possession against the best team in this country last night. Is Modric capable of that? He's played a few seasons in Bulgaria or wherever the fuck it is, whoop de doo. Deco has vast experience in one of the world's top leagues/Europe, and while I would probably prefer us to get Modric as he is a player for the long term, the way people go on about Deco is rediculous.

Would Deco want to come here? I have my doubts, so I'd vote for Modric on that alone. We want hungry youngsters not players who will always be yearning for their past glories at Barcelona.

Guest NUFC4

i'd rather have a younger player with much to prove in the world of football rather than an established old lazy fuck that is top class at the art of diving

There's as much chance of us signing Deco this summer as there is of one of Parky's ITK "facts" being anything other than the delusions of a Walter Mitty-type fantasist.

:lol:

Isn't Deco one of the pissheads/'partyboys' at Barca btw?

There's as much chance of us signing Deco this summer as there is of one of Parky's ITK "facts" being anything other than the delusions of a Walter Mitty-type fantasist.

:lol:

Isn't Deco one of the pissheads/'partyboys' at Barca btw?

Supposed to be aye

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle to bid for Werder Bremen star Diego

tribalfooball.com - December 09, 2007

Newcastle United are planning a sensational bid for Werder Bremen midfield star Diego.

The People says Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce wants to strengthen his midfield with a £10million swoop for Werder Bremen's Brazilian when the transfer window opens at the beginning of next month.

Hope KK has the same ideas