Newcastle v Chelsea Pre-Match Thread

Beren

Looking forward to this will be a good test of how far we have come

we are playing with no pressure and should be a great atmosphere as its another sell out and also our last home game of the season

Looking forward to this will be a good test of how far we have come

we are playing with no pressure and should be a great atmosphere as its another sell out and also our last home game of the season

I agree. As much as i would LOVE to be unbeaten until the end of the season, this game is about performance for me.

If we can mix with this lot and show we can give them a real game, i will be happy. Any result would be a bonus.

Fancy us to get something like.

Guest rosstoon

What reception will Frank Lampard get. I think we should all sing his name. He must be gutted at the mo.

What reception will Frank Lampard get. I think we should all sing his name. He must be gutted at the mo.

Disagree there mate it is a huge shame what happened but would never sing his name

Guest rosstoon

I reme,ber the season they won the league and every time Lampard come over to take a corner got a great reception. Thus being his 1st away game since the death of his mother i think it would be nice.

I reme,ber the season they won the league and every time Lampard come over to take a corner got a great reception. Thus being his 1st away game since the death of his mother i think it would be nice.

Don't remember N'Zogbia getting standing ovations when his Dad died.

Don't remember N'Zogbia getting standing ovations when his Dad died.

He was probably playing shit tbf

Guest Jawesome

I won't be clapping him, but I wouldn't dare chant or shout anything to do with his mother in his direction.

babayaro and n'zogbia got little special treatment off the fans....why should the opposition ?

Guest toonlass

I cannot see it happening tbh

9 home win predictions and this:

Newcastle v Chelsea

Kick-off 1600 BST

Newcastle v Chelsea

Chelsea will be a fantastic place to be right now as they are in the Champions League final in Moscow and hoping Manchester United slip up in the title race. If United beat West Ham on Saturday then Chelsea might take their eye off the ball - but I don't think they will.

They are very strong mentally and, as good as Newcastle have been, and they are on a good run, Chelsea will have too much for them in all areas, particularly in defence.

Newcastle's old tendencies looked they like were creeping in against West Ham and against Chelsea that could be a real problem.

Match preview

Verdict: 0-2

:lol:

Yeah, and let's all wear chelsea shirts with 'pat' on the back as well..

Sweet sentiment but i think refraining from hurling abuse at him would be sufficient.

Guest toonlass

Sweet sentiment but i think refraining from hurling abuse at him would be sufficient.

we could all stand and do Frank Butcher impressions too.

"PAAAAT, PAAAAT. What 'ave you done to me PAAAAAT!"

we could all stand and do Frank Butcher impressions too.

"PAAAAT, PAAAAT. What 'ave you done to me PAAAAAT!"

Or we could all dress as postmen..

Guest toonlass

Seeing as we are newcastle our black and white cats would be appropriate.

Just thought of a really old joke.

What do you get if you walk under a cow?

A "PAT" on the head!

While i sympathise with Frank, people in all walks of life lose loved ones every day. Most have to get on with maybe doing an ordinary job, in a factory, hospital, driving a bus maybe. Frank has the comfort of money in the bank and a relatively easy life.

Less high profile players have had to play on with very little recognition after their loved ones died.

No matter what kind of life you lead, it will still hit you hard losing your mam. We should offer sympathy and respect to Frank but no more, and certainly not single him out by singing his name etc.

Guest aoliversaknob

the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion yet again by the media. The boy did well, after a tough few days for him personally, amnd deserves credit. But the media going on and on about it has done my head in. Football is a team game!

That would be embrassing...we barely sing our own players names ffs!

Fancy us getting a draw,can see Oba scoring again

That would be embrassing...we barely sing our own players names ffs!

Fancy us getting a draw,can see Oba scoring again

I assume he was joking.  It's very sad for him but it's not something the opposition sing your name for!