This Sunday's Gossip

Thespence

Chelsea are poised to smash the world transfer record for a teenager with a £35million swoop for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero.

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Manchester United are lining up a £10million bid for Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.

Middlesbrough will make a £7million raid for Derby's Giles Barnes and Fulham's Steven Davis.

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley will have almost nothing to spend on new recruits this summer.

David Moyes wants a £20million summer transfer kitty to turn Everton into Champions League contenders, but Andy Johnson could be on his way out of Goodison Park.

Sir Alex Ferguson wants an experienced goalkeeper to cover for Edwin van der Sar, and could turn to Werder Bremen's Tim Wiese.

Henri Camara is set to leave Wigan.

Alex McLeish's job at Birmingham is safe even if the club is relegated from the Premier League.

Lee Carsley will turn down the chance to rejoin Derby, and sign a new one-year deal at Everton.

Aston Villa and Newcastle are fighting it out to sign Bournemouth hotshot Sam Vokes.

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos wants to bring in seven new players this summer and will test West Ham's resolve with a big-money bid for keeper Robert Green.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Werder Bremen are chasing Premier League strikers John Carew and Milan Baros.

Marcus Bent has been promised a permanent deal at Wigan if he keeps them in the Premier League.

AC Milan want Barcelona's Carles Puyol to replace Paolo Maldini.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Ryan Giggs will play at least another three seasons at Manchester United.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has told his top players to commit to the club or leave.

Chelsea are poised to smash the world transfer record for a teenager with a £35million swoop for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero.

Everton fear they could lose Mikel Arteta this summer despite putting a £12million price tag on the influential midfielder.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes is prepared to let David Bentley rot in the reserves rather than sell him this summer.

THE PEOPLE

Chelsea will offer Bayern Munich £10million and Florent Malouda for Franck Ribery.

Arsenal and Barcelona are battling it out for Bosnian striker Miralem Pjanic.

Aston Villa are the latest Premier League club to run the rule over PSV goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce is ready to raid his former club Birmingham for Sebastian Larsson.

Arsenal have joined Chelsea and Liverpool in the race to sign Gareth Barry, as Arsene Wenger fears Mathieu Flamini will depart in the summer.

Kevin Keegan wants to bring a £25million superstar to Newcastle this summer.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Fabio Capello says the England job will be his last in football management.

Jose Mourinho says he will get the Liverpool manager's job if DIC take control at Anfield.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Dimitar Berbatov will leave Spurs this summer - to whoever is prepared to cough up the £25million asking price.

Sven-Goran Eriksson has been backed by Manchester City's owners after weeks of speculation about his future.

SUNDAY MAIL

Falkirk hope to sign veteran defender Jackie McNamara in the summer.

West Brom insist they have first option to sign on-loan Hearts ace Roman Bednar.

Very quiet on Toonwatch this week

'Kevin Keegan wants to bring a £25million superstar to Newcastle this summer.'

Can't they even be bothered to make up a name?

That's not really what the article says. It's quotes from Keegan saying he wouldn't have any problem spending £25 million on a top player.

hmmm, 25 mil superstar?????? any ideas

. spence, i am wondering what the bird on your picture was expecting, she looks like she anticipating somethimg pleasant, its kinda obvious what she was in for.

Starting to think it's for the best, when we're linked with people, interested in people, talking to people etc it never seems to come off.  I'm hoping our signings will be more of the "Right, we've just signed such and such, he's flying in now."

Starting to think it's for the best, when we're linked with people, interested in people, talking to people etc it never seems to come off.  I'm hoping our signings will be more of the "Right, we've just signed such and such, he's flying in now."

Aye, love it when it's like that. A la Beye, Faye, Enrique.

While browsing The People we are with a host of others are meant to be after Valencia (Wigan). Stevie Carr is meant to have knocked a contract back from us & will replace meaga earner Luca Neil at West Ham.

would be happy with that, Valencia coming and Carr pi$$ing off. Not sure who will be willing to pay Lucas Neill the astronomical wages he`s on

Guest The Libertine

"Dimitar Berbatov will leave Spurs this summer - to whoever is prepared to cough up the £25million asking price."

i wonder...

KEVIN KEEGAN has admitted he is so focused on football issues at Newcastle that he has no say in players’ contract discussions

And does not even have owner Mike Ashley’s number!

During his first spell in charge at United, Keegan conducted contract and transfer negotiations with his players and prospective new signings.

But he has admitted he is now restricted to concentrating solely on matters on the pitch – and is happy about it.

And so comfortable is Keegan with leaving financial matters to Ashley, chairman Chris Mort and the star-spotting trio of Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere, that he has no contact details for Newcastle’s billionaire benefactor.

What’s more, Keegan admitted he has not spoken with Ashley about his summer transfer targets.

“I don’t know if the owner is excited by the challenge of trying to sign big name players. I haven’t asked him,” said Keegan.

“He came down to the dressing room after the game on Sunday but the owner doesn’t get involved in these things.

“He finances it, but apart from one day when he came down to the training ground when we were struggling and we had a chat about anything but football, he has never been near the place.

“It’s not like the owner rings me up and says he can’t get this or that guy. I don’t have his number. I don’t even have a number for the owner!”

And while Keegan has confirmed that he is keen for Steven Taylor’s contract situation to be addressed as swiftly as that of Michael Owen, he added: “Contracts aren’t my department.

“I’ve had a chat with Michael but I don’t do any of the contracts anymore. In some ways I am pleased about that.

“It might be difficult for the players but I have to tell them what my role is in the club – to say: ‘Go to Chris Mort and sit down with him and Dennis Wise because they do the financial side of things

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/04/27/life-s-a-pitch-and-i-am-happy-79310-20825620/

"Dimitar Berbatov will leave Spurs this summer - to whoever is prepared to cough up the £25million asking price."

i wonder...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00375/Berbatov_375683a.jpg

:celb: :celb: :celb:

"Kevin Keegan wants to bring a £25million superstar to Newcastle this summer"

Funny how we didn't want to pay that for Modric

KEVIN KEEGAN insists that he is ready to pay up to £25 MILLION for a player this summer.

Despite the desperate disappointment of losing out to Tottenham in the big-money race for Croatian wonderkid Luka Modric.

But Keegan – who has now lost a top transfer target to Spurs twice in three months – last night warned Newcastle fans that the club faces a perpetual struggle to persuade foreign stars to opt for a move to Tyneside over London.

The United boss has no fear of staking his reputation on a deal which would shatter the club’s transfer record.

“Spending £25 million on one player doesn’t frighten me one bit,” said Keegan, who paid a then world record £15 million for Alan Shearer in 1996.

“You have to target big players. If you have a budget, it’s like any budget: if you have ‘X’ million, you can divide it into one or two players, or four or five.

“We’ll be in there pitching for some very good players. If you don’t bowl, you can’t knock the wickets down. We might get hit for six, but we might get a wicket.”

But, having lost out on Modric, Keegan sounded an understandable note of caution.

“We may end up on July 7 with no one because we don’t offer them enough – and I don’t mean just financially.

“You hear Thierry Henry say he wants to be back in London, and that is a well known fact with a lot of foreign players,” added Keegan.

“It helps Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal and works against us.

“But we are where we are. We’re not going to move this franchise like they do in America.

“Players have to move here, they have to live here, they have to put up with the weather and they have to enjoy playing in this stadium.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/04/27/kk-i-can-pay-25-million-for-a-player-79310-20825958/

KEVIN KEEGAN has admitted he is so focused on football issues at Newcastle that he has no say in players contract discussions

And does not even have owner Mike Ashleys number!

During his first spell in charge at United, Keegan conducted contract and transfer negotiations with his players and prospective new signings.

But he has admitted he is now restricted to concentrating solely on matters on the pitch and is happy about it.

And so comfortable is Keegan with leaving financial matters to Ashley, chairman Chris Mort and the star-spotting trio of Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere, that he has no contact details for Newcastles billionaire benefactor.

Whats more, Keegan admitted he has not spoken with Ashley about his summer transfer targets.

I dont know if the owner is excited by the challenge of trying to sign big name players. I havent asked him, said Keegan.

He came down to the dressing room after the game on Sunday but the owner doesnt get involved in these things.

He finances it, but apart from one day when he came down to the training ground when we were struggling and we had a chat about anything but football, he has never been near the place.

Its not like the owner rings me up and says he cant get this or that guy. I dont have his number. I dont even have a number for the owner!

And while Keegan has confirmed that he is keen for Steven Taylors contract situation to be addressed as swiftly as that of Michael Owen, he added: Contracts arent my department.

Ive had a chat with Michael but I dont do any of the contracts anymore. In some ways I am pleased about that.

It might be difficult for the players but I have to tell them what my role is in the club to say: Go to Chris Mort and sit down with him and Dennis Wise because they do the financial side of things

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/04/27/life-s-a-pitch-and-i-am-happy-79310-20825620/

Quite pleased about this system.

Functionalism.

The Sunday Sun (paper version) has a little paragraph on the back page saying we have been keeping tabs on Adriano while he has been on loan at Sao Paulo

I'd love him here, he's the player i think who has wasted his talent the most so far.

The Sunday Sun (paper version) has a little paragraph on the back page saying we have been keeping tabs on Adriano while he has been on loan at Sao Paulo

I'd love him here, he's the player i think who has wasted his talent the most so far.

He has done canny for being party loving one footed striker:

Club

With Flamengo

Rio State Championship : 2000, 2001

Brazilian Champions' Cup : 2001

With Internazionale

Serie A: 2006, 2007

Coppa Italia: 2005, 2006

Italian Super Cup: 2005, 2006

International

Copa América: 2004

Confederations Cup: 2005

FIFA U-17 World Cup: 1999

South American Youth Championship: 2001

Individual

Copa América 2004: Top Scorer

Confederations Cup: 2005 - Golden Ball for The Best Player of the Tournament and The Golden Shoe For Top Scorer

He has done canny for being party loving one footed striker:

Club

With Flamengo

Rio State Championship : 2000, 2001

Brazilian Champions' Cup : 2001

With Internazionale

Serie A: 2006, 2007

Coppa Italia: 2005, 2006

Italian Super Cup: 2005, 2006

International

Copa América: 2004

Confederations Cup: 2005

FIFA U-17 World Cup: 1999

South American Youth Championship: 2001

Individual

Copa América 2004: Top Scorer

Confederations Cup: 2005 - Golden Ball for The Best Player of the Tournament and The Golden Shoe For Top Scorer

Hell of a career so far, no wonder so many of the top Brazilians lose there appetite for the game, they win everything by the age of 21 and get paid stupid amounts for it.

One of the 6 best places to party in the UK!

I've always liked him, think its stupid how many people havent been snifing round him for so long cos he's made for the Premiership, i just cant see any reason why he wouldnt thrive in the league, even as a target man it'd be difficult for him to be lazy....

Keegan said something about South American players though...maybe having already played in Europe may work in his favour.