Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

From Alan Oliver today

Meanwhile, United’s interest in Manchester City skipper Richard Dunne could be affected by the rumours about Sven-Goran Eriksson leaving Eastlands in the next couple of weeks.

The Chronicle reported yesterday that the 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international was top of Kevin Keegan’s shopping list, and I understand that United may actually have made a bid.

And if this is the case, it means that Keegan has got the green light from the United hierarchy, who at first had reservations about Dunne’s age and the fact he will want wages of £60,000 a week.

But everything at Manchester City is up in the air at the moment and, while the club have issued a statement saying Eriksson will not be leaving, all the talk is that the former England boss already has his bags packed at his £900-a-night hotel suite in the city.

And as much as former United manager Sam Allardyce would love the job at Eastlands, I hear that City’s Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra wants a much bigger name like Phil Scolari or Slaven Bilic.

Guest michaelfoster

Both overrated players, we need to look for better than Dunne and Ireland IMO

Celluar would be good though

Get Dunne and Richards, Faye infront of them and then sign a creative midfielder and a great target player.

Is that meant to be a pisstake btw?

Guest Kenton Magpie

60k a week for Dunne, piss off.

I'd rather pay 60k to Dunne than most of the 60k/week earners we've had in recent years Smith, Viduka, Barton, Dyer, Parker, Duff,Emre etc.

Viduka is vital to the way the team operates and you know it!

60k a week for Dunne, piss off.

I'd rather pay 60k to Dunne than most of the 60k/week earners we've had in recent years Smith, Viduka, Barton, Dyer, Parker, Duff,Emre etc.

Viduka is vital to the way the team operates and you know it!

Viduka is on £80,000 a week ... according to the Telegraph.

Both overrated players, we need to look for better than Dunne and Ireland IMO

Celluar would be good though

You say that Dunne is overrated, yet you say you would like Cuellar?

Cueller is a good player in a shit league, where as Dunne is a good player (at least) in the BEST league in the world.

Man City fans love him and he's a real leader at the back. I can quite happily say i'd be delighted if we started with Dunne and Faye at the back next year.

Agree about Ireland but he's young.

Guest marky555

Dunne would be a good signing.

Consistent. Proven. Good player. No pissing about with this signing, it wouldnt be taking a chance it would be a solid buy and I for one would be happy with it

Consistent. Proven. Good player. No pissing about with this signing, it wouldnt be taking a chance it would be a solid buy and I for one would be happy with it

Spot on. I'm sick of missing out on players like Dunne.

Guest chic_charnley

And I , and virtually all City fans , would be gutted if he decides to go.

Think that tells you all you need to know about how good he is

And I , and virtually all City fans , would be gutted if he decides to go.

Think that tells you all you need to know about how good he is

True, i thought he was like Mr Man City.

Been captain for a few years. I've never seen him have a poor game in a long time and he has suprising pace on him.

Personally think that Dunne has looked shit without Richards. Never looked a player before this season either.

Would love Dunne, and worth £40k-£50k a week in today ridiculous climate... (Duff was named 9th richest football player under 30 last week, with a fortune of £14m and still picks up £70k a week from us for doing sweet fuck all...)

Get Dunne and Richards, Faye infront of them and then sign a creative midfielder and a great target player.

Break the bank for Richards IYAM. Dunne would be an improvement on what we have but Richards is where i'd throw my money!

Break the bank for Richards IYAM. Dunne would be an improvement on what we have but Richards is where i'd throw my money!

here here go for richards  O0

Lets hope we get endorsed by Northumbria Water.

bluelaugh.gif

Let's see the mackems boycott that. 

Thank christ someone got it!  :lol:

It's only when a bar of soap is thrown into the equation they stay clear of it.