Stoke give us 4 million if promoted

SUPERTOON

Guest teepee

4m???

mackems.gif                                          mackems.gif mackems.gif                                mackems.gif  

mackems.gif                                    mackems.gif               mackems.gif                        mackems.gif

mackems.gif                                 mackems.gif                     mackems.gif                     mackems.gif    

mackems.gif                               mackems.gif                          mackems.gif                  mackems.gif

mackems.gif                             mackems.gif                               mackems.gif               mackems.gif

mackems.gif                              mackems.gif                             mackems.gif                mackems.gif

mackems.gif                                mackems.gif                         mackems.gif                  mackems.gif

mackems.gif                                  mackems.gif                   mackems.gif                      mackems.gif

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif                       mackems.gif mackems.gif                                mackems.gif mackems.gif  mackems.gif

man - how much time did that take :D

Thing you have to remember is that Ameobi is highley rated by others in the premiership. It was only a couple of years ago that we though Shola was on his way to white hart lane.

4m is very good money for him but it's not the most ridiculas thing i've seen. Hope it comes through and the money pushes a through a deal for another player.

Thing you have to remember is that Ameobi is highley rated by others in the premiership. It was only a couple of years ago that we though Shola was on his way to white hart lane.

4m is very good money for him but it's not the most ridiculas thing i've seen. Hope it comes through and the money pushes a through a deal for another player.

That'll be us wasting 6 million on Smith :)

I'll trump you 9m pounds worth of Jean Alain Boumsong.

I'll trump you 9m pounds worth of Jean Alain Boumsong.

£8m

Personally, I think Alan Smith is one of the worst performers this season. As a striker, he can neither score nor assist. As a midfielder, I didn't see him making crucial interceptions or brilliant assists. He is guilty of giving the ball away alot both from passes and fouls. Based on his recent performance alone, it is amazing that he is wanted by Rangers.

However... of course that doesn't that he won't improve in the near future or his recent slump in form could be due to private matters unknown... but based on current form, it really doesn't seem justifiable that any team would want to sign him. While his workrate is commendable, it is really offset by the mistakes and inefficiency he brings to the side at the present moment.

Regards,

Ericz

Since when?! He's a joke player.

Anyway, if the deal automatically becomes permanent upon promotion then I think Stoke will be kicking themselves! He's already been found out there and dropped to the bench. If it's not an automatic thing then I don't think they will take up the option to sign him.

Anyway, if the deal automatically becomes permanent upon promotion then I think Stoke will be kicking themselves! He's already been found out there and dropped to the bench. If it's not an automatic thing then I don't think they will take up the option to sign him.

I'm no fan of Shola but he hasn't been 'found out' he is simply not match fit.

I think he lost his passion for football and it is a bread and butter for him now. I might if I were in his position. Were he highly regarded in Newcastle after so many years? Not really... Lost of motivation and passion = yucks sigh

Nonetheless it is a good deal. It is weird that they agree to such an agreement, simply not a good piece of business from a business point of view.

Regards,

Ericz

He was starting games when he first went there, played badly and is now on the bench. That seems like he's been dropped to me but maybe I'm wrong.

He was starting games when he first went there, played badly and is now on the bench. That seems like he's been dropped to me but maybe I'm wrong.

He had a hamstring injury and then has been on the bench since.

Even then when he was starting he wasn't match fit. He's hardly had a run of games in the last two years with only 2 starts for us this season before he went out on loan and he's had a fair few injury problems.

He got hamstrung two or three games ago iirc. He's not match fit regardless though, hasn't started a first team game since about October.

He started KK's first game in charge against Bolton, although I can see how you missed that, due to him being utterly anonymous.

Guest Knightrider

Was class last night at the talk-in when the bloke doing the interviews was holding an auction for: "and here's a signed Toon number 9 shirt.... by Shola Ameobi"

£9.5 million for ameobi and smith would be a modern day miracle. i'd genuinely be gobsmacked at that.

Not in today's market. When you consider we shifted Dyer and Parker for about £14m, £9.5m for them two is about right. :D

£9.5 million for ameobi and smith would be a modern day miracle. i'd genuinely be gobsmacked at that.

Not in today's market. When you consider we shifted Dyer and Parker for about £14m, £9.5m for them two is about right. :D

It doesn't matter how bad your shit smells, as long as it comes from an English arse its worth its weight in gold.

Guest neesy111

so how long does he take to get match fit, 18 months, the guy is an injury wreck useless footballer who still believes that he is going to play 4 england ffs

the guy is 1 year younger than michael owen, so he is getting on a bit, he's due a testamonial in 2 years ffs

Guest The Libertine

dyer and parker could have stayed and done a job for us with average to decent results. ameobi is already hated by some after his first game there and smith will never get to the level parker got to (even when parker had glandular fever he scored the odd goal or two and sometimes played well)