Stoke give us 4 million if promoted

SUPERTOON

It makes you wonder how we only got 5/6 million for bellamy when we can get 4 for shola

We got between £3,000,000 and £4,000,000 for Bellamy, I can't remember the exact figure but he mentioned it in a newspaper aticle.

It makes you wonder how we only got 5/6 million for bellamy when we can get 4 for shola

We got between £3,000,000 and £4,000,000 for Bellamy, I can't remember the exact figure but he mentioned it in a newspaper aticle.

Who?, Bellamy mentioned it?...

Yes, I think he did it to take the piss out of us because he went for a fraction of his worth, the article and link was discussed on here at the time.

Yes, I think he did it to take the piss out of us because he went for a fraction of his worth, the article and link was discussed on here at the time.

We accepted a £5m bid from Birmingham but Bellamy turned the move down. In the end he went for less than that.

It was great management of the situation from those running the club at the time.

We accepted a £5m bid from Birmingham but Bellamy turned the move down. In the end he went for less than that.

It just shows where the power lies in football, if a player wants to go to a club he'll usually end up where he wants to go as long as that club is interested.

I can't find the original article but have found something on wiki, I know it's not 100% reliable but here it is.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Rovers_F.C. the fee mentioned is £3,200,000 and I'm sure that's the figure which he quoted.  It's just above "Return to Europe."

Has he even played for them?

Yes, a few times, and not only has he not scored, he has impressed NO ONE. Looks slow and has a lack of touch, hasnt contributed any more to the team than Sidibe/Fuller!

And given his previous club and, quite respectable, goal scoring record you would expect him to have done.

Stoke have been done!

I wouldn't believe what Bellamy says, always loved him as a player, but he's a horrible gobshite as a person.  Then again I wouldn't believe much Fat Fred said at the time either, so who knows what he went for.  If we did sell him for far less then was offered by another club then it shows what complete morons Souness and Fred are.

Guest Jawesome

Why hasn't Bellamy ever played against us for any of his clubs since leaving us?  Is it 'cos he's always been injured?

It was great management of the situation from those running the club at the time.

fantastic, our best player gone and left with 2 donkeys up front

to be fair to shola, he has scored 28 goals for the club and cost nowt. think of all the money we've wasted on "better" players (ie Luque).

He scored two against Leverkusen, two vital goals against the mackems, set up shearer for his record-breaking goal, scored at anfield on the last day of one season to scrape us into UEFA Cup. And theres plenty more. The point is, he's obviously not the greatest striker we've ever had but he's done a solid job for us and I wish him well. Some of his goals have been very important to this club.

And with some of the wastes of money we see these days, I think we cudda got more than £4 mill to be honest.