Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

I've ALWAYS maintained that i didn't/don't like Keane much as a player BUT he was indeed our 2nd best player last season (steed was 1st). His antics on the pitch were annoying and i didn't rate him as much as others did.

Fair play. Is it just off field issues for you not wanting him back then? Better player (not necc goalscorer) than any of your other strikers imo, always come across as a bit of a tosser on the pitch though.

Nah i don't want him back because we already know he can't play with Defoe. Pav is looking good but if we was to get a striker, we need a strong striker who is capable of holding up the ball and winning 80+% of aerial challenges not a self obsessed badge kissing prick that only plays good whan he's the furthest forward striker (basically Defoe's position).

I've ALWAYS maintained that i didn't/don't like Keane much as a player BUT he was indeed our 2nd best player last season (steed was 1st). His antics on the pitch were annoying and i didn't rate him as much as others did.

Fair play. Is it just off field issues for you not wanting him back then? Better player (not necc goalscorer) than any of your other strikers imo, always come across as a bit of a tosser on the pitch though.

Nah i don't want him back because we already know he can't play with Defoe. Pav is looking good but if we was to get a striker, we need a strong striker who is capable of holding up the ball and winning 80+% of aerial challenges not a self obsessed badge kissing prick that only plays good whan he's the furthest forward striker (basically Defoe's position).

You can have Shola if you want :thup:

Guest kingdawson

KD any news on Darren Bent's situation?

We might need him after yet another Owen injury last night.

Any gist?

Have him. I'm done defending him and sticking by him. How the fuck can a striker not be able to play with another striker is beyond me. I mean, i can understand if a striker can't play as a lone striker but not being able to play in a 4-4-2 is a joke. He can't play with Pav, he can't play with defoe, he couldn't play with Keane and he couldn't even form a partnership with Berbatov. How can you not play with Berbatov ffs.

Redknapp has made it obvious he dosn't rate him and i'm pretty sure we're open to offers for him (if we sign a striker that is). Even if we dont, a good bid will probably see Redknapp sell. Let me add that i do think he's a pretty decent/good player if playing for the right team (Everton, villa ect) and playing as a lone striker.

I don't believe Bent "can't" play with a partner, he needs the time, i think if he had the time with any one partner he'd come good. He will score goals wherever he goes and gets his chance to play!

Arsenal taking a leaf out of Spurs book.

Wenger's thought process: "The mid-field is light weight, seems to get bullied an awful lot and the defence keep making silly mistakes. What we need is another play maker."

Puzzling to say the very least.

Arse shavings gets his work permit.

Not convinced he is what arsenal need at all.

They need a CB and a DM as a priority.

I still believe a dm will cone in too by Monday night.

I agree wholeheartely with your statement though

Guest Stephen927

A question, why do clubs keeping signing Diouf?

Because a lot of managers like to think they can tame the bad boy footballers and get them on the straight and narrow.

Because a lot of managers like to think they can tame the bad boy footballers and get them on the straight and narrow.

Err, Fat Sam is the only manager to sign Diouf after he left Liverpool, isn't he?

Err, Fat Sam is the only manager to sign Diouf after he left Liverpool, isn't he?

Keane - Sunderland