Other clubs' transfers

Dave

No matter how much Spurs spend or who they buy, they'll still finish no better than 7th next season. They'll be behind the same 4, and at least two of City, Villa & Everton.

There not that far behind Villa and Everton, and they finished higher up than City. These four will be the group outside the top four, just depends on who they sign and if Man City sack Hughes in time for a good manager to have a good affect.

No matter how much Spurs spend or who they buy, they'll still finish no better than 7th next season. They'll be behind the same 4, and at least two of City, Villa & Everton.

There not that far behind Villa and Everton, and they finished higher up than City. These four will be the group outside the top four, just depends on who they sign and if Man City sack Hughes in time for a good manager to have a good affect.

same patter as last year. Ramos, amazing, Pavlyuchenko/Modric/Dos Santos/Rest amazing, Spurs still shit.

Spurs are also talking to Arda Turan's agent about the player making the move, seems to be more likely than Ashley Young who prefers to go to Chelsea. 

Young is never going to go to Spurs, for two reasons. Firstly - why? What would be the point? Secondly - you couldn't afford him.

Agree totally with the first reason, disagree with the second, there is money for the right signings.

It's widely reported that AY hasn't settled in the area and his family are Spurs ST holders but that's no reason to expect him to sign.  I agree with you, Young is never going to go to Spurs.

Not having a go at you, MJ, but there are two of the most tiresome, continually trotted out London club cliches of the transfer market there.

Firstly the "widely reported he's not settled in the area" / "wants to return to London" line (despite being from, err, Stevenage). Widely reported where? On every football forum on the internet, that's a phrase that gets trotted out when there is a rumour of a London club after a non London club player. I've not seen it yet in relation to the NRC / Spurs link, but I bet you what you like we hear it in the next few days.

Secondly, the boyhood Spurs / boyhood Arsenal fan line. Spurs and Arsenal must be the two greatest supported clubs in the world, given the number of families of footballers they have supporting them. We heard that story when we signed Curtis Davies (boyhood Spurs fan) and he didnt go there, and we heard the same when we signed Young (didn't go there).

On the price of Young, if MON thought Barry was worth 20m when he had two years left on his contract, how much do you think he'd rate Young (signed four year contract 6 months ago) at?

Now THAT'S a sexy post!!!  :clap2:

You go boy!!!!

Brummie, it's your duty to be our resident Spurs hater for this season.

We have much smaller fish to fry.

:lol:

So true. The only attention I will be paying to the PL this season is to check on Spurs' results and laugh everytime the tossers lose.

Spurs are also talking to Arda Turan's agent about the player making the move, seems to be more likely than Ashley Young who prefers to go to Chelsea. 

Young is never going to go to Spurs, for two reasons. Firstly - why? What would be the point? Secondly - you couldn't afford him.

Agree totally with the first reason, disagree with the second, there is money for the right signings.

It's widely reported that AY hasn't settled in the area and his family are Spurs ST holders but that's no reason to expect him to sign.  I agree with you, Young is never going to go to Spurs.

Not having a go at you, MJ, but there are two of the most tiresome, continually trotted out London club cliches of the transfer market there.

Firstly the "widely reported he's not settled in the area" / "wants to return to London" line (despite being from, err, Stevenage). Widely reported where? On every football forum on the internet, that's a phrase that gets trotted out when there is a rumour of a London club after a non London club player. I've not seen it yet in relation to the NRC / Spurs link, but I bet you what you like we hear it in the next few days.

Secondly, the boyhood Spurs / boyhood Arsenal fan line. Spurs and Arsenal must be the two greatest supported clubs in the world, given the number of families of footballers they have supporting them. We heard that story when we signed Curtis Davies (boyhood Spurs fan) and he didnt go there, and we heard the same when we signed Young (didn't go there).

On the price of Young, if MON thought Barry was worth 20m when he had two years left on his contract, how much do you think he'd rate Young (signed four year contract 6 months ago) at?

I agree they're popular comments to get a player's move getting the fans approval but in Young's case it is true.  It's also true that Spurs did try to sign him when he went to Villa, Spurs stopped at £7.5m, Villa didn't and time has proved that Villa were right.  I think Redknapp was trying to engineer a deal with Bentley and Hudd going to Villa but even if the clubs agreed I very much doubt that Young would.  As I said before, if he moves anywhere, if he did move, I think it would be to Chelsea.  Spurs seem to get linked with players most fans would accept are beyond us and as such WWHWTMTS (Why would he want to move to Spurs?) has become a very common post.  It applies to to Young, the Real Madrid 4, Bojan and a few others that are being rumoured.  Even if a deal can be agreed with the club, the players won't agree and you can't force to him to move.

BYW, I think Barry with 2 years and Young with 4 are comparable, £20m apiece.

Real Madrid's potential midfield next season:

Ronaldo......Kaka.......Sneijder......Robben

Hmmmm, not bad!

Sneijder is apparently one of the 9 that Real will let go.  He's also another one that wouldn't be interested in a move to WHL.

You're more optimistic than me.  I have City, Villa and Everton to be certainties to be above Spurs.  8th place at best.

Guest kingdawson

You're more optimistic than me.   I have City, Villa and Everton to be certainties to be above Spurs.  8th place at best.

Villa i don't agree with. They need to pull some major signings out the bag before i start thinking we can't finish above them. Everton i agree with because they're very consistant and get results even with half their team missing and City...well...it really depends on who they sign. If they continue the same formula they're using now which is to sign any half decent player who might be available irrepective of what position he plays or if they actually need him, then we can certainly finish above them.

Imo we need a striker, centre midfielder and lb competition for ekotto (make lm Bales permanent position).

Get rid = Bentley, Dos Santos, Zokora, Bent, and hopefully Keane (maybe even Pav to tbh...50/50 on him).

Aly Cissokho's move has fallen through due to him failing a medical with a dental problem. Milan want to make it into a loan move with the option to buy.

???

The only thing I can imagine being an issue on the pitch would be swallowing your dentures.

Have these people not heard of Polygrip?

Aly Cissokho's move has fallen through due to him failing a medical with a dental problem. Milan want to make it into a loan move with the option to buy.

???

The only thing I can imagine being an issue on the pitch would be swallowing your dentures.

Have these people not heard of Polygrip?

it probably happens everytime he tries to pronounce his own name

Guest Heneage

It would have been an amazing year and a half for the lad going from an ok Setbul side to one of Italy's biggest clubs.

So now Sheff Utd apparently want £7m for Naughton.  :lol:

Rumours suggest we haven't actually bid for Naughton and that Sheff Utd are trying to start a bidding war and thus looking to hike the price up even more.

Sounds like Rooney 2004 all over again. ;)

:knuppel2:

So a fee has been agreed for Derbyshire to go to Olympiakos I see. Really good move for him considering he got 11 goals there since January, winning a league and cup, plus he gets to play in the champions league. Makes you wonder why more Englishmen don't try their luck overseas.

It seems like more are being linked to moves abroad as of late, personally i wish more would, get some of our players spread about a bit as majority of other countries of our calibre have.

So a fee has been agreed for Derbyshire to go to Olympiakos I see. Really good move for him considering he got 11 goals there since January, winning a league and cup, plus he gets to play in the champions league. Makes you wonder why more Englishmen don't try their luck overseas.

money.

good for him though.