Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Stuart Taylor joins Manchester City (he was our third choice goalkeeper).

I guess he wanted Champions League football like that fat arsed cunt Barry.

Strange move, though, esp with Hart rumoured to be going to Birmingham on loan for the season.

Guest BooBoo

Sturridge will go the same way as the likes of Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell. He'll collect his money at Chelsea, make a few starts in the easier Champions League games, hardly feature in the Premier League and seek a move next Summer.

Sturridge will go the same way as the likes of Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell. He'll collect his money at Chelsea, make a few starts in the easier Champions League games, hardly feature in the Premier League and seek a move next Summer.

Exactly.

I suspect Chelsea are doing with him exactly what they did with Sidwell, get out of contract player on the cheap, do what you said, then move him on for a profit next season.

Exactly.

I suspect Chelsea are doing with him exactly what they did with Sidwell, get out of contract player on the cheap, do what you said, then move him on for a profit next season.

How much will he cost them? £5m?

Exactly.

There's some wittering about a tribunal set fee, but I think they always set shit money, like that Crystal Palace kid who went to (I think) Glorious Tottenham, whose fee was set at about 12 grotes.

Exactly.

There's some wittering about a tribunal set fee, but I think they always set shit money, like that Crystal Palace kid who went to (I think) Glorious Tottenham, whose fee was set at about 12 grotes.

Bostock, think it was £1.5m and he's done nothing. Can see a decent fee (£5m+) for Sturridge considering his rep in England Under's and also playing 10-15 prem games.

Parker and Sidwell were found out at the very top level though, far too limited as players. Alternatively, he could be eased into the team and his talent will show. He's a hell of a player to bring on near the 70th minute mark when chasing the game.

Parker and Sidwell were found out at the very top level though, far too limited as players. Alternatively, he could be eased into the team and his talent will show. He's a hell of a player to bring on near the 70th minute mark when chasing the game.

Sidwell has been found out at our current definitey-not-top level, too

Sidwell has been found out at our current definitey-not-top level, too

You need Kevin Nolan to replace him and Alan Smith to replace Harewood.

Exactly.

Bostock, think it was £1.5m and he's done nothing. Can see a decent fee (£5m+) for Sturridge considering his rep in England Under's and also playing 10-15 prem games.

I agree. Reckon you're looking at at least £5m for Sturridge.

Derbyshire to Olympiakos is a great move for them, whilst Fat Head plays a centre-half and a penalty-taker upfront he'll be developing into a fine young stiker

The stuff Fat Sam said about Derbyshire was stupid, about how he needed the wages to bring in Diouf and some other knacker, and that players needed to do more than just score goals... typical Sam waffle.

Birmingham City are closing on the signing of Roger Johnson after Cardiff City accepted a bid for the defender.

The Premier League new boys identified Johnson as one of their top summer transfer targets and had been locked in negotiations with the Bluebirds.

The method of payment had been a sticking point over a deal after Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale revealed the Championship side wanted £5million for the centre-half.

Blues' initial offer was rejected, but the two clubs have now settled on a deal to enable Johnson to discuss a move to St Andrews.

A Cardiff statement read: "We can officially confirm that we have come to a financial agreement with Birmingham City Football Club for the permanent transfer of Roger Johnson.

"Roger has now been given permission to talk to the newly promoted Premiership side."

Alex McLeish has been among the most active managers in the transfer market since Birmingham secured a return to the top flight, with Scott Dann and Christian Benitez already added to the squad.

Joe Hart is also joining the club on a season-long loan from Manchester City, while McLeish hopes to tie up a deal for Ecuador international defender Giovany Espinoza.

And the imminent arrival of Johnson, who has made over 130 appearances in three years at Cardiff, will further bolster McLeish's defensive options for next season.

:no:

Tyrone Mears is off to Burnley. Its a shame, because I would've taken a punt on him.

We're starting to lose a hell of a lot of ground........

Unfortunately this is true. To me this is the most crucial part of the transfer window, the early stages, here is when the hot properties usually go and historically over the last few years even with relative stability, we've not been a big player in it, as our key people have been off on "well deserved breaks" for too long. One thing I hope changes with the change in ownership, that we move from a largely reactionary football club to one that is much more pro active.

Birmingham City are closing on the signing of Roger Johnson after Cardiff City accepted a bid for the defender.

The Premier League new boys identified Johnson as one of their top summer transfer targets and had been locked in negotiations with the Bluebirds.

The method of payment had been a sticking point over a deal after Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale revealed the Championship side wanted £5million for the centre-half.

Blues' initial offer was rejected, but the two clubs have now settled on a deal to enable Johnson to discuss a move to St Andrews.

A Cardiff statement read: "We can officially confirm that we have come to a financial agreement with Birmingham City Football Club for the permanent transfer of Roger Johnson.

"Roger has now been given permission to talk to the newly promoted Premiership side."

Alex McLeish has been among the most active managers in the transfer market since Birmingham secured a return to the top flight, with Scott Dann and Christian Benitez already added to the squad.

Joe Hart is also joining the club on a season-long loan from Manchester City, while McLeish hopes to tie up a deal for Ecuador international defender Giovany Espinoza.

And the imminent arrival of Johnson, who has made over 130 appearances in three years at Cardiff, will further bolster McLeish's defensive options for next season.

:no:

not good news that our championship rivals are getting big money to spend. (assuming the doyle to wolves 6m transfer is true)