Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I would never boo him but tbf he did spit his dummy out and hand in a transfer request when he never got a pay rise. Which wasn't deserved for what it's worth.

Milner was treated like s*** by the club and its employees at times, I don't blame him for moving and he should have done it years earlier when Souness was a t*** to him.

Spot on Mick - he could have been a mainstay of our midfield for 10 years, just as Scholes was for Man U..

Whether some on here like it or not, NUFC has a track record of not getting the best out of players who go on to be a success elsewhere...Tomasson is another young player who failed at SJP yet was a success for AC Milan.

IF Ferguson is interested in Milner, it certainly won't be because he thinks he is worse than Lampard etc...

I am willing to bet that if he signs for Man U, he will become an England regular.

Newcastle United midfielder Kevin Nolan is a shock target for Arsenal.

The Sunday Mirror says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants to add a combative edge and Nolan of Newcastle has made a huge impact in the Championship. He has been the inspiration behind the club’s immediate return to the Premier League.

At 28, Nolan is older than Wenger’s usual targets but he has a steely side to his game and that is what Wenger feels has been lacking.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/newcastle-hero-nolan-surprise-arsenal-target-778241

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Sunday Mirror says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants to add a combative edge and Nolan of Newcastle has made a huge impact in the Championship. He has been the inspiration behind the club’s immediate return to the Premier League.

At 28, Nolan is older than Wenger’s usual targets but he has a steely side to his game and that is what Wenger feels has been lacking.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/newcastle-hero-nolan-surprise-arsenal-target-778241

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The epitome of shite journalism.  :facepalm:

Well if he learnt how to run, take on a man or cross a f***ing ball I made have had a little more time for the spotty, square jaw w*****!

what are you waffling on about. he was one of our few players at the time who could run all day and he would often go past  players....unbecoming of you to lie in order to be seen to be right.

milner is a very good player, can do all the basics very well (reminds me of a slightly more dynamic lee clark). his passing and vision is better than made out on here even if not up to zidanes standard. many on here didn't like him as he wasn't solano or gillespie even when a few were saying he'll end up playing centrally.better than most we had here at the time but 12mill at the time was a very good price for him.

at least when he got unhappy here for whatever reason he tried to leave in the proper way (ie written transfer request and say nowt) as opposed to leaking stories to the press and hoping to take the club for every possible penny.

i think if he went to man utd he'd do well, unfortunatly for him he'd be going at a time when man u's star seems to be on the wane.

He came in just when Robert and solano were on their way out, he didn't stand a chance tbh. It would be like replacing shearer with Darren bent.

I'm sure we'd already sold Solano when we bought Milner. I don't think it had anything to do with that either, much like the Shearer/Darren Bent thing is a ridiculous statement.

It was more the fact out wide Milner's poor crossing was a big weakness, especially when it was combined with his lack of pace and the way he often broke our counter attacks up. Which is why quite a few people said he would be better in the middle, especially with his engine and ability to carry the ball.

You could never fault the lad for his work-rate but don't pretend he was anything special here as he was far from it.

Was never fussed on him when he was here tbh. Never ever looked like a £12m player and was pleased we ended up making a big profit on him.

Obviously he's come on loads since he's left so you've got to look at the coaching set-up and ask why he never fulfilled his potential here rather than at Villa. Selling him was the right decision at the time and his development since he left doesn't make it a mistake. He would never have been anywhere near the player he is now had the bid been turned down and he stayed here, which says more about NUFC than it does about Milner. Good luck to the lad.

Depends if Keggy would have still been manager. ;)

That was tongue in cheek, don't know how you haven't noticed but my full username is Ca"milner bummer"jun.

Nolan to arsenal makes sense, just the typical mobile midfielder wenger likes.

I never said he was anything special, don't pretend no-one went way ott claiming he was worse than shit when he was here though ;)

It's no coincidence his woeful crossing has improved now he has something to aim at.

The Sunday Mirror says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants to add a combative edge and Nolan of Newcastle has made a huge impact in the Championship. He has been the inspiration behind the clubs immediate return to the Premier League.

At 28, Nolan is older than Wengers usual targets but he has a steely side to his game and that is what Wenger feels has been lacking.

One of the comments :lol:

A player who plays with a lot of heart and wins a lot of balls. We need a player like this, but in the centre of the midfield more-so. Ray Parlour used to run his socks off but may have not have had the skill of those around him, not saying Nolan is like Parlour but you have to admire someone putting in their all till the final minute. Personally, i'd like to see it but we NEED a player like paddy in his prime to win ball and drive us forward.

I reckon you lot could go for Yobo - he was strongly linked with you a couple of years ago wasn't he?

I have a bad feeling Moyes will look to offload him to raise some funds.

Not that CB is your priority, but still.

I reckon you lot could go for Yobo - he was strongly linked with you a couple of years ago wasn't he?

Isn't he past it/not reliable as much as he used to be?

Overall, I think he's been a really good player for us. You can see at times though his confidence can drop quite quickly and he is prone to the odd mistake, but I don't think in the same way Bramble/Boumsong seemingly had (i.e. he's better than them IMO). He's a good defender, and if he could improve his concentration, I think he could be a great player. I wouldn't say he's past it.

Overall, I think he's been a really good player for us. You can see at times though his confidence can drop quite quickly and he is prone to the odd mistake, but I don't think in the same way Bramble/Boumsong seemingly had (i.e. he's better than them IMO). He's a good defender, and if he could improve his concentration, I think he could be a great player. I wouldn't say he's past it.

:hmm:

I smell a rat. What's the catch? There must be one. :hmm:

Isn't he past it/not reliable as much as he used to be?

I think it was two or three years ago that he played for every single second of Everton's Premiership campaign, so I doubt he's reliable as before. Still a good player, imo though.

Seems lie the French media are hyping up the idea of Andre Pierre Gignac coming to Marseille in the summer. I am right now expressing how pleasing this would be to me. I think a striker like him to lead the line is one of the last pieces to being the definitive best team in France and also European contenders. Much better than the likes of Brandao and Morientes.

Marca reporting we have started talks with Aston Villa regarding Ashley Young, apparently the deal could be closed for €25m  :undecided:

Not really a player for us.

He was far better last season than he has been this season. Based on what I've seen of Villa anyway.

He's got no business being at Barca. I'd take the likes of Pienaar and Modric over him any day of the week.

Would be nice to see some englishmen moving abroad. Not too many, mind.

By the way, I've heard Matt Derbyshire has been doing well in Greece. Not been mentioned in the England frame at all? Not that I think he should be, just every english player gets touted as a 'possible' now.

Guest MrSundlofer

Preston may want to take John Guidetti (young Swedish striker) from Manchester City on loan for the next season. From the man himself.

Have you heard anything about him? He's a great prospect. Born in 1992. Currently on a 1 month loan to Brommapojkarna in the Swedish Premier Division. Created the only goal in his first game for them.

This is a boy with attitude. Reminds me of Bojan Djordic when he was at Manchester United. His focus is 110% football. No party, no drinking, no girls... And he got his dad as a personal coach.

At his first days at City some player burned his football shoes and put them in a bin. Guidetti started a fight with him in the shower  :lol: