Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I don't get the whole 'Perez is mad if he sells Higuain.'  Surely if they replace him with Drogba it won't matter?  And I'm sure that's what Perez/Mourinho's aim will be.

Higuain is good but he's not on Torres/Drogba/Rooney etc. level.

Higuain is 10 years younger though. 

Drogba is obviously a more complete forward but he won't score more goals than Higuain will.  Why not just stick with Higuain and let him blossom into an even better player.

Like I say though, they want trophies now.  Mourinho has said he likes players at 29/30 because these are the sort of players that win you titles.  That's why he'll want to sign Maicon, Lampard etc. and why he signed Lucio, Milito etc.

Let's be honest, Drogba is probably the best striker around at the moment.  I don't see why it would be mental to sell, granted, a very promising striker and replace him with the world's best.

Edit- I reckon Drogba would score at least as many goals as Higuain.  He's just scored 37 in the last season!

Having said that, if they sign Maicon, Lampard, Cole and a couple others they'll win most trophies with Higuain as striker.  Barcelona will be their biggest rivals domestically and in Europe as Lampard-less Chelsea, Man U and Mourinho-less Inter won't be anywhere near them IMO.

All hypothetical of course.

I think people condemn City for stacking up on strikers but really only Tevez stood up to be counted last season. Adebayor was very incosistent, Bellamy played out wide, Santa Cruz is a permanent injury problem and the rest are all not good enough hence being farmed out on loan. I actually would go as far as saying they need a top class striker

Harsh on Bellers that, he had a great season. Hardly his fault he's been played wide.

Oh I know he's had a great season, but what I'm saying is that he is now an out and out winger for them. So I don't want to count him as a forward.

Just a hunch but I think Mourinho's move to Madrid will end in tears. He's a fantastic manager and Madrid is a fantastic football city but I just don't see it clicking for all concerned.

I get the impression that simply winning isn't enough at Madrid. You've got to win in style. Those Real teams of the 50's are always going to be a hard act to live up to and anything less than the League and Champions League will mean he's binned.

Just a hunch but I think Mourinho's move to Madrid will end in tears. He's a fantastic manager and Madrid is a fantastic football city but I just don't see it clicking for all concerned.

I get the impression that simply winning isn't enough at Madrid. You've got to win in style. Those Real teams of the 50's are always going to be a hard act to live up to and anything less than the League and Champions League will mean he's binned.

His early Chelsea side played decent football & were good to watch, but he does seem to have developed a trademark style of play.

They are starved for success. Sacking Capello was fine when they had won 3 CLs in the previous 10 years, but now they haven't had a sniff in quite a while. And it's not like Mou is going to park the bus against the likes of Almería or Mallorca so they'll still get their goalfests to stroke their cock with. The problem will be if he doesn't win in Europe in a couple years, though (even if he wins the league).

Mourinho has proved at Chelsea and Inter that he can handle the biggest jobs, so I imagine he'll do well at Real.

His difficulty is that he's up against the best side in the world - a team that is so good that you can get 96 points and still finish second. He's only going to play them twice, so winning the league isn't entirely in his hands.

I feel sorry for Hammers fan. With them being linked to the likes of Henry and Beckham, they're following the path which led us to our eventual relegation. Honestly, it's like their owners are trying to outdo our past failures.  :thdn:

I feel sorry for Hammers fan. With them being linked to the likes of Henry and Beckham, they're following the path which led us to our eventual relegation. Honestly, it's like their owners are trying to outdo our past failures.  :thdn:

Sullivan in particular is a real publicity seeker.  It clearly isn't going to end well

I don't get the whole 'Perez is mad if he sells Higuain.'  Surely if they replace him with Drogba it won't matter?  And I'm sure that's what Perez/Mourinho's aim will be.

Higuain is good but he's not on Torres/Drogba/Rooney etc. level.

Higuain is 10 years younger though. 

Drogba is obviously a more complete forward but he won't score more goals than Higuain will.  Why not just stick with Higuain and let him blossom into an even better player.

I still remember you trying to tell me that Ibra was better than Drogba last summer. O0

Seems strange to me as well. Always thought one of Atleticos biggest problems were a weak central midfield, and that Camacho could be the answer to their problems. They already have Lopez, and I thought he was supposed to be a solid left back.

Camacho's barely played since he made the first splash three years ago. Been injured a lot, too. He's just been an injury time sub this season. Again, that's the rumored deal, but Atlético's interest in the player is well documented and both presidents have met these days.

Antonio López isn't really great.

Sullivan in particular is a real publicity seeker.  It clearly isn't going to end well

He went to my school and was taught by my Maths teacher, who says he was a massive wanker even then.