Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spurs have too many players, this summer they should have offloaded about 6-7, then brought in 1-2 £20m players to make a real attempt in the cl and retaining 4th position. Seem have picked up loads of injuries and not just the usual suspects like king & woody.

Maybe money Is being kept for the new stadium or the maybe they worry about fabios position with England and see redknapp jumping ship; would make sense to keep funds back for a new manager if they felt like that

This is one of the biggest problems with selling English players and it is almost exclusive to the Premiership. These players won't go overseas, so 99 times out of 100 you are selling them to your rivals. Defoe, Crouch, Woodgate, and King are probaly less than what they need, but do they really be want to be selling them to Everton or Villa.

Really sad that Huntelaar has just been messed about the last 2 years. Was always hoping to see him in the Prem. Hopefully the Schalke is just the kind of club he needs.

Astonished that Spurs have been so quiet in the market this summer. Of all transfer windows we've had this is the one where I thought Spurs would have a real go for it and bring in some real quality but it's passed them by. This season they could offer players the London lifestyle AND Champions League but they're arguably no better than this time last year.

Poor show tbh.  :sadnod:

Maybe 'Arry's favourite agents haven't got the players on offer this summer.

Spuds punched above their weight last year but this year, they will be seen for what they really are......................aLSO RANS

Cannot see them getting any higher than 6th or 7th and think they will get knocked out of the CL in the first group stage.

Astonished that Spurs have been so quiet in the market this summer. Of all transfer windows we've had this is the one where I thought Spurs would have a real go for it and bring in some real quality but it's passed them by. This season they could offer players the London lifestyle AND Champions League but they're arguably no better than this time last year.

Poor show tbh.  :sadnod:

Maybe 'Arry's favourite agents haven't got the players on offer this summer.

Or he has to be a bit more careful with backhanders now the tax man's sniffing round.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Robinho medical scheduled at 2:30pm. His contract reportedly 4 years, worth €4m-€5m a season <<< after tax

To AC Milan

Guest kingdawson

Robinho & Ronaldinho in their forward line = magical one game, invisible the next.

What's the word on Pienaar? and Moyes?

Schalke could win the league this season!

I really have soft spot for them... The Newcastle of Germany..... The nearly men..... The passionate fans... The coal mining area.... endless possibilities... 

forget it. not in a million years. It will be St. Pauli instead! ;-)

Robinho & Ronaldinho in their forward line = magical one game, invisible the next.

What about Moyes?

Latest I know of Pienaar is what has been reported: he is "happy" to stay, however he's had a lucarative contract on the table for quite some time and not signed.

Guest kingdawson

What about Moyes?

Latest I know of Pienaar is what has been reported: he is "happy" to stay, however he's had a lucarative contract on the table for quite some time and not signed.

Rumours about him going off to manage Villa (God only knows why).

So you think Pienaar will still be with you come transfer deadline?

What about Moyes?

Rumours about him going off to manage Villa (God only knows why).

So you think Pienaar will still be with you come transfer deadline?

Re: Moyes, obviously him rubbishing the Villa rumour last week wasn't good enough so someone's started it again and the bookies have caught wind of it. Non-starter, and even if he hadn't publically dismissed it, I don't see why he'd go. I'd put my house on us finishing above Villa this year.

Re: Pienaar, I expect him to be with us for the rest of his current contract. Whether he actually signs a new one however remains to be seen. You'd have thought he'd put pen to paper by now if he really was happy to stay. I sense a lot of agent interference here, desperately searching for a "bigger" club to be interested in him. He's at his level now, imo. He's good but not amazing.

Well,he would have a decent transfer kitty at Villa,and compared to when he started at Everton,he'd have a far better starting point too.

If Moyes thinks he's taken Everton as far as he can on a limited budget,I don't think it's such a ridiculous idea at all.

Well,he would have a decent transfer kitty at Villa,and compared to when he started at Everton,he'd have a far better starting point too.

If Moyes thinks he's taken Everton as far as he can on a limited budget,I don't think it's such a ridiculous idea at all.

Decent transfer kitty? I'd like to hear what brummie has to say but the impression I got was Villa aren't spending much at all at the moment?

At best it's a sideways step. I'd even argue (well I would wouldn't I?) that it's actually backwards.

If he's going to go, I'd want him to go to someone who are clearly better than us. I hope he gets a shot at the Man Utd job. It'd be interesting, if nothing else, to see how he does when he has the riches at his disposal. I reckon he thrives on the backs-to-the-wall mentality and man management side of the game.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Decent transfer kitty? I'd like to hear what brummie has to say but the impression I got was Villa aren't spending much at all at the moment?

At best it's a sideways step. I'd even argue (well I would wouldn't I?) that it's actually backwards.

If he's going to go, I'd want him to go to someone who are clearly better than us. I hope he gets a shot at the Man Utd job. It'd be interesting, if nothing else, to see how he does when he has the riches at his disposal. I reckon he thrives on the backs-to-the-wall mentality and man management side of the game.

Tbh I see no reason why he would want to go to Villa

Lerner wouldn't let O'Neill spend the Milner money because of his refusal to even play his own signings,though of course Brummie would have to verify this.I'm sure Lerner would release a good warchest to any new manager.

There's no point getting defensive about it,it is at the very least,a possibility.

Lerner wouldn't let O'Neill spend the Milner money because of his refusal to even play his own signings,though of course Brummie would have to verify this.I'm sure Lerner would release a good warchest to any new manager.

There's no point getting defensive about it,it is at the very least,a possibility.

I just can't see it whatsoever. We'll see.