Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

What the hell happened?

It looks like the City board have gone behind his back and sold Corluka to us, and possibly Ireland to sunderland. Apparantly Ireland wasnt even meant to be in the squad today but Hughes stood firm and ignored the city boards request.

Guest Heneage

Hold on amigo, talk on my idols grapevine is that Shinawat (as it should be pronounced the Ra is silent like a deaf Tiger) has yanked him back and wants more cash.

Guest kingdawson

Hold on amigo, talk on my idols grapevine is that Shinawat (as it should be pronounced the Ra is silent like a deaf Tiger) has yanked him back and wants more cash.

Corluka wasnt in the official team photo yesterday, and he wasnt in citys squad today. They MIGHT have called him back due to Richards injury, but it looks like the deal was concluded before tha (hence hughes being pissed off).

Julio Baptista’s spokesman Marcus Garcia has revealed that Roma have made a new and improved offer for the player and that his arrival is imminent as the clubs have reached an agreement for the hit-man.

Garcia also confirmed that Real Madrid will meet with Roma on Monday to finalise the deal and have it wrapped up and ready to sign. 

Reports in Italy on Friday night suggested that the deal has been reached and the spokesman has revealed the latest regarding the developing transfer. 

“I cannot confirm anything officially but I can affirm that Roma have made a new offer and both parties have come closer regarding a deal,” Garcia told Il Romanista.

“The improvement of the offer from Roma has seen us come to the capital and this is significant.

“Roma are not the only club after Baptista, there are also clubs in England but I cannot name them.

“I can say that Roma’s offer has satisfied all the parties involved.”

The only thing missing are the signatures and official confirmation from both clubs. 

An announcement is expected on Monday and it is likely that Baptista will join the Giallorossi then providing he passes a medical at Trigoria. 

Guest elpapi

Real Madrid are ready to sue Cristiano Ronaldo for £17m after he refused to join them. (News of the World)

:doh: the world's gone mad...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/7552400.stm

Everton boss David Moyes is hoping to end a summer of transfer frustration by closing in on three new signings.

CSKA Moscow's Brazilian striker Vagner Love could join either on a season-long loan deal or permanent move.

And BBC Sport understands negotiations are continuing in a bid to bring Newcastle's Alan Smith and Rennes midfield man Stephane Mbia to Goodison.

Everton, however, are struggling to land top target Joao Moutinho because of Sporting Lisbon's £18m asking price.

Moyes has failed to bring in any new players since guiding Everton to fifth place last season and his squad was further depleted by the sale of Andrew Johnson to Fulham.

Chief executive Keith Wyness has resigned his position at the club and chairman Bill Kenwright - under fire from fans angry at the lack of progress in the transfer market - has reiterated he would welcome new investment to strengthen the club's financial firepower.

A deal for Smith could cost around £2m while 22-year-old Cameroon international Mbia has pleaded to be allowed to join Everton after claiming they had tabled a £6m bid.

Just read this on another forum...

When Spurs first made contact, it was Shinawatra's people that agreed a fee with Spurs and told Corluka he was free to leave. They did that without Mark Hughes' knowledge or consent.

Corluka was suprised to say the least. When Hughes took over he told Corluka he was one of the mainstays in his future plan for MCFC. Nevertheless, Corluka travelled to London to meet with Spurs' people.

Hughes then found out about the deal, and basically vetoed it - which was something the Thai's people had agreed he could do with any transfer activity when he took over. That's when Corluka was summoned back to Manchester to go up to Glasgow for the Celtic friendly.

Behind the scenes a real row started between Hughes and certain elements of the board; Hughes furious that they had gone behind his back to sell Corluka to Spurs, and the board enraged that Hughes had effectively recalled him from London for the Celtic game.

Shinawatra's people told Hughes that evening that the deal was 'too good to turn down', largely due to Shinawatra's financial problems. So, immediately after the Celtic game, Corluka flew back to London to resume talks with Spurs.

When Spurs' initial offer was accepted, Corluka had no real desire to leave City. That wasn't anything against Spurs, more the vision for the future of MCFC he had been sold by Hughes and Cook. However, after meeting with Spurs and talking with Modric, Corluka was sold on Tottenham and agreed terms. He went through a two-day medical, which he passed without problem. He's been holed up in a London since early Friday morning - hence why he missed the club photo.

Spurs agreed the final details for the transfer with City yesterday morning, and Corluka put pen to paper on his player registration.

Then City's people accepted the offer from Sunderland for Stephen Ireland, and Hughes went properly mental. Twice in 48 hours he felt he was having players he wanted sold from under him. In a rage, it was Hughes who called Ireland and told him he was expected to report to the CoMS to report for the Milan game. Hughes putting him on for a couple of minutes was a big statement on his part.

Here comes the really interesting part.

Hughes last night told Cook he was through with City and wants out, the sale of Corluka and Ireland being the straw that broke the camel's back. He said if the Corluka deal went through particularly, he would be on his way out of City too.

At that point City have tried to derail the Corluka and Ireland deals.

BUT, Spurs claim to have completed the paper work for the transfer which has already been lodged with the FA and signed by someone from City with authorisation to do so. City say they agreed a sale in principle with Spurs, but that no final transfer documents had been signed.

As such Corluka, who was expecting to be paraded at White Hart Lane this afternoon, is in limbo. However, he has now set his heart on Spurs and linking up with Modric and has told City he will not return to the CoMS under any circumstances. He has been sold on Tottenham, and become frustrated with the background stuff taking place at City.

Spurs and City are maintaining their respective positions, but Spurs have basically told City that they are willing to see the issue go to court. They believe they have signed Corluka, and Corluka wants to play for them.

What a mess.

Probably bollocks but it'll make a change from it being us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/7552400.stm

Everton boss David Moyes is hoping to end a summer of transfer frustration by closing in on three new signings.

CSKA Moscow's Brazilian striker Vagner Love could join either on a season-long loan deal or permanent move.

And BBC Sport understands negotiations are continuing in a bid to bring Newcastle's Alan Smith and Rennes midfield man Stephane Mbia to Goodison.

Everton, however, are struggling to land top target Joao Moutinho because of Sporting Lisbon's £18m asking price.

Moyes has failed to bring in any new players since guiding Everton to fifth place last season and his squad was further depleted by the sale of Andrew Johnson to Fulham.

Chief executive Keith Wyness has resigned his position at the club and chairman Bill Kenwright - under fire from fans angry at the lack of progress in the transfer market - has reiterated he would welcome new investment to strengthen the club's financial firepower.

A deal for Smith could cost around £2m while 22-year-old Cameroon international Mbia has pleaded to be allowed to join Everton after claiming they had tabled a £6m bid.

I can't express how much i want them to sign smith.

RE Man City/Corluka

If that is true i feel very sorry for Man City fans, shocking stuff. We should be looking to sign both though.

:lol:

Be ace if that's true. What are the stories going around about Everton and Pompey btw? Heard them mentioned by not read what people are saying.

Redknapp moaning he can't spend all of the money he got for Muntari, nothing wrong at Everton I don't think people just picked on the fact they haven't signed anyone yet.

:lol:

Be ace if that's true. What are the stories going around about Everton and Pompey btw? Heard them mentioned by not read what people are saying.

Redknapp moaning he can't spend all of the money he got for Muntari, nothing wrong at Everton I don't think people just picked on the fact they haven't signed anyone yet.

Cheers.

Still, TURMOIL AT TOON!

More on the Man City stuff from Blue Moon.

this will run and run. the original poster is'nt far wrong. except it was sat morning when i was told corluka wanted to stay at city and had told spurs that.anyway the bottom line is franks men are unsettling everyone, the players, the fans and most important the manager. Hughes had already gone way up in my estimation regarding our football, after this week end he's gone even higher.you tell them leslie, you're the boss.only city could self detruct like this.

sensational developments in Thailand! I can reveal that former Thai PM Thaksin and his wife “missed” there booked flight from Beijing China to Bangkok Thailand which was due to arrive in the Thai capital on Sunday evening. Mr. & Mrs. Thaksin are due to attend a court hearing at 9 am in the morning Bangkok time, and if they do not attend, the court will issue warrants for their arrest. The Thaksin’s failure to return to Thailand in time for their court hearing will fuel rumors that the couple are to go into full time exile probably in London and never return to their homeland again. If the couple does go into exile they can say goodbye to millions of dollars worth of assets frozen by the Thai courts pending numerous corruption charges. I am also aware that Mr. Thaksin has decided to sell MCFC and is in advanced talked with parties in the Far East and the sale is expected to be completed shortly.

There are a few Spurs fans (pretty sure two of whom have also made themselves known on here) and Man Utd fans on there winding them up too. Intentionally and unintentionally.