Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'm very comfortable with us only signing one big-money central defender to go with Faye, Taylor, Cacapa, Edgar and Bassong.

Sure, those two together would probably be very impressive but we're back to the same issue as we have with striking options - we can't just keep signing them. £10m on one centre-back is enough for us at this stage.

Guest Heneage

I don't get why Cuellar is so highly rated did he not leave Osasuna for 2.4m?

Players aren't usually rated by their former fee.

I was thinking more if Osasuna are willing to let him go so cheap how all of a sudden is he sogood?

I was thinking more if Osasuna are willing to let him go so cheap how all of a sudden is he sogood?

Arsenal signed Fabregas for less than a million quid, how is he all of a sudden so good?

Use your head man, there could be a number of reasons for this. It has been discussed before on here, he was at the end of his contract and wanted to go.

He was about 4 at the time wasn't he? :lol:

Plus didn't they get him as part of the pay off for Overmars?

Pretty much sums up how old he was at the time :lol:

Shockingly enough..just wrote Overmars on Wikipedia and it says he's back to playing football, for Go Ahead  Eagles apperently!!

Well happy with Cuellar.

Fuck knows where that one came from. MON transfer windows are the most frustrating thing on earth, unbelievable.

If Cuellar completes tomorrow (to be honest, I suspect it is done and dusted already) and the rumours about De La Red come true, a fucking awful window will be well on the way to becoming a very decent one.

Well happy with Cuellar.

Fuck knows where that one came from. MON transfer windows are the most frustrating thing on earth, unbelievable.

If Cuellar completes tomorrow (to be honest, I suspect it is done and dusted already) and the rumours about De La Red come true, a fucking awful window will be well on the way to becoming a very decent one.

Does that mean he's spending the Barry cash or is it going through regardless?

Well happy with Cuellar.

See everyone, there's hope for us all. :)

Arsenal signed Fabregas for less than a million quid, how is he all of a sudden so good?

Bit of a poor example there as Cesc was the best young player on planet & Barca did not get market rate.

Well happy with Cuellar.

From everything we've been told, he's got an open chequebook, so the Barry cash doesn't really come in to it.

I actually think the stragegy re Barry was to try to convince him to stay by the players we'd be buying. Until recently this has looked pretty unlikely. The defenders we've signed, Shorey, Young and Cuellar, plus the two keepers Friedel and understudy Guzan are a massive improvement in our defence, and exactly what we needed.

Laursen, Curtis Davies, Cuellar and Knight (well, someone has to be 4th choice) as CB options, Bouma and Shorey at LB, Young at RB with a bit of competition - can't argue with that, really.

I suspect the strategy is to hold on to Barry until we've completed our business in the hope he's more convinced we can challenge, having taken a gamble on Liverpool not wanting to pony up the cash for him.

I still think he'll go, tbh, but I'm not too proud to say I'd still much prefer he stayed.

Well happy with Cuellar.

From everything we've been told, he's got an open chequebook, so the Barry cash doesn't really come in to it.

I actually think the stragegy re Barry was to try to convince him to stay by the players we'd be buying. Until recently this has looked pretty unlikely. The defenders we've signed, Shorey, Young and Cuellar, plus the two keepers Friedel and understudy Guzan are a massive improvement in our defence, and exactly what we needed.

Laursen, Curtis Davies, Cuellar and Knight (well, someone has to be 4th choice) as CB options, Bouma and Shorey at LB, Young at RB with a bit of competition - can't argue with that, really.

I suspect the strategy is to hold on to Barry until we've completed our business in the hope he's more convinced we can challenge, having taken a gamble on Liverpool not wanting to pony up the cash for him.

I still think he'll go, tbh, but I'm not too proud to say I'd still much prefer he stayed.

Good squad he's putting together down there.  :thup:

Think Villa will do quite well this season - 6th or 7th maybe.