Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest loonietoonie

A Smoggie lad at work reckons that Young is better than Beye. :lol:

Lmao :doh:  NO WAY!!!!!!!!! deluded smog infested supporter  ;D

A Smoggie lad at work reckons that Young is better than Beye. :lol:

Lmao :doh:  NO WAY!!!!!!!!! deluded smog infested supporter  ;D

Rest of England is free to continue and think that way if it keeps the big clubs from sniffing around Beye.

Andy Johson's deal finally seems to have gone through according to Sky Sports, hopefully Alan Smith will be an Evertonian by this afternoon,  :celb:

Fingers well and truly crossed. I can wait until the last day of the window mind, as long as he does go.

We've been linked with David Healy in the Chronicle today!

Guest neesy111

Andy Johson's deal finally seems to have gone through according to Sky Sports, hopefully Alan Smith will be an Evertonian by this afternoon,  :celb:

Fingers well and truly crossed. I can wait until the last day of the window mind, as long as he does go.

better than smith, but for ffs

Guest loonietoonie

:undecided: not good enough and not the type of player we need

Radio Manchester reporting Corluka in London for a medical.

City fans on their forums not happy that Corluka + £3m might get them Lennon.

Link? To radio Manchester that is...

Posted by someone on Bluemoon.  An ITK is saying he is having a medical split over today and tomorrow with a view to signing on Friday.  City are playing Celtic tonight so he shouldn't be expected to be in the team if what is said is true.

What happened with this? Still going ahead? Latest i've seen seems to suggest he's staying:

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes admits there is interest in Vedran Corluka, but says the Croatian has had no contact with Tottenham.

Spurs are known to have launched a bid for the highly-rated defender, but Hughes insists Corluka has not been given permission to talk to them.

And the Croatian featured in City's pre-season draw at Celtic on Wednesday night, Hughes suggested he wanted Corluka to stay put.

"There has been interest shown but he played well and I am pleased with him," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"There will always be speculation surrounding good players like him.

"He has had no contact with Spurs."

I don't mind the odd daft rumor now and again, but surely the Spurs ITK's take the piss, regardless as to whether the Corluka  deal goes through.

At least half of them must be taking the piss.

Guest kingdawson

I don't mind the odd daft rumor now and again, but surely the Spurs ITK's take the piss, regardless as to whether the Corluka  deal goes through.

At least half of them must be taking the piss.

I'd say 99% of them are taking the piss.

O'Neill will never buy a Barry replacement - he could go out and buy one right now if he wanted, it isn't about the money - because, as you suggested, he cocks about for far too long umming and aahing about whether to spend the cash.

Word has it Lerner is getting *seriously* pissed off as he's given him s*** loads of money to spend and he won't spend it.

I thought he'd played the Barry situation very well, though. f*** them, pay what we want, or you don't get him. The only mistake was that stupid statement last week, which was a bit naive.

He'll go, and he'll go for about 18m, which isn't bad for a player who had half a season last year (and if you think this is sour grapes, trust me, it isn't - ask Dave, he'll back me up on this, I've been saying it for ages, before this potential move was ever mentioned).

Under Ellis we'd have creamed our pants and sold him for 8m last month.

He's a good player, but it makes me laugh when I see people say "your best player". Last season Young, Laursen and Bouma all had better seasons than Barry did.

We'll take the money off Lerner's hands if O'Neil doesn't want it.

Hope we sign a fucking striker tomorrow otherwise we'll lose 4-0 instead of 4-3 at Palace on Saturday. We currently have: Tamas Priskin, Will Hoskins, Theo Robinson and Liam Henderson. Shit.