Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Emre was last year's player of the season in the Turkish league. Clearly a good player but I was never sure he really suited the Premiership. He was combative enough and good on the ball but too many matches seemed to pass by without him making any impact, and of course his fitness record was rank.

Guest firetotheworks

Just to shadow a lot of other people's opinion on here. He was good for us, and I liked him a lot, but he was always injured.

Aye prerequisite for playing in England.

Must have sufficient teeth and balls.

:lol:

Typical English football mentality. I'd much rather prefer players with a decent touch and technique, who can spot a pass and score goals. I'm sure the likes of Fabregas and Nasri were signed for their teeth and balls play. Goodness me ...

Guest Heneage

He was fantastic at home to Chelsea one year, he hassled and harried Lampard all game. His only 'problem' was he was injured a lot.

Someone mentioned the goal against Reading, in truth he ran the show and was virtually unplayable for the whole match. Bit like Bowyer was in a home match v Spurs (anyone else remember that game?) but, as with Bowyer it didn't happen often enough. Like I said earlier even when Emre was fIt there were too many games when he didn't make any impact. I really couldn't fault his effort though, there was never any question that he was fully committed to the cause.