Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Strunz

Isn't Bentley a little bitter about his Arsenal experience? I am sure I read something about him wanting to beat them or something to do his spurs supporting mates a favour?

I may have made that up :lol:

MiguelJon, can you change your profile before I kick your arse!?

Can I just ask , why exactly are we hated so much by Newcastle fans?

I find it very strange , as all of my mates (including myself) reserve our hatred for the Goons or Chelski.

Id even think of .......... QPR , Millwall, Wet Spam, fulham, even somebody like Bolton before I got to Newcastle

very strange

Round here, mainly due to a couple of colourful ITK types, that brighten up our days with meaningless drivel about what deals are lined up and who Spurs are going to sign.

There are probably a few that are envious, your fortunes seem to be better than ours, maybe the roles in the premier league have been switched and I guess some think Spurs have been our closest rival for the 5th spot over the past few seasons, despite the fact we would have been happy to be top 8!

Hatred has hit a new high this summer after every target we scout consequently comes up on the spurs list and signs too.

Plus as you must know anyway, bar the media, everybody hates spurs.

how do spurs have this much money?

Report on sky sports news this morning says they have spent £43m with £39m coming back in. They have done some very good deals selling players.

the money they get back on players is the most impressive part of their setup really but it's also basically what seems to hamstring them from truly progressing

if they'd kept keane/berbatov AND added who they've added/are adding you'd think they were going places for sure but as it is they're probably gonna have to sign untried players up front so they might end up better off in one department (midfield) and worse in another (up front)

still its a fucksite better than some of our transfer defecit dealings the last few years, jesus!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Keane fuming with Stoke

Black Cats boss unhappy with Fulop treatment

Last updated: 31st July 2008

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has blasted Stoke over their treatment of transfer target Marton Fulop.

The Potters looked set to sign the goalkeeper after agreeing a fee with the North East club for the Hungarian earlier this month.

However, Stoke were unable to agree personal terms with Fulop and they pulled out of the deal before signing Thomas Sorensen on a free transfer.

Fulop has now been forced to return to the Stadium of Light and Keane is furious at how Stoke have conducted themselves in the whole episode.

"They took him for a trial, made him an offer and he asked for a bit more - but they said that's it," Keane told The Sun.

"It's a bloody disgrace to treat a player like that

Why you irish t***? Hes just another average greedy b****** who got what he deserved.

Spurs are definitely the team looking best equipped to do things.

Villa have a pathetically small squad which MON has allowed to disintegrate, and a terminal inability to conclude deals without fuss, Newcastle seem to be gripped by stasis, Everton haven't got a pot to piss in, West Ham have had their financial rug pulled from beneath them and are lumbered with a squad of high-earning, injury prone wasters.

Hate Redknapp though I do, he has done pretty well this window. So Portsmouth and Spurs seem to be switched on.

I put Spurs slightly ahead of Pompey now.

I agree, Spurs are doing very well,

I just think traditional "big" clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Everton seem to be stood around doing bugger all, sneering at Redknapp, whilst he puts together a pretty impressive set up.

Mmmmmmm not sure about spurs. there main problem for the last few years has been lack of strength,physically,defensivly and i don't see that being remidied.

i can see sours going 4-2-3-1 next season but i have no idea who their vital "2" will be.

Veloso and/or Albelda are the two high up in the list of options, though wanting them and getting them are two totally different things.  That said, with our dealings in this window, I'm reluctant to discount anybody as pie in the sky wishful thinking.

See my previous post MJ.

Who sits on the bench if a DM is indeed brought in though?

The popular guess for the team is

Gomes

Hutton  -    King/backup  -    Woodgate  -    Bale

Veloso/Albelda  -    Zokora/Jenas

Bentley  -  Modric  -  Dos Santos

Arshavin

Villa/Bent/Milito

The Lennons/Gilbertos/back up CB's will get a good degree of action, I've no doubt about that, varying on whether we're home or away, the ability of the opposition etc.

The most noticeable thing about the pre-season matches so far is the flexibility of the players as they interchange with positions, Bale operating as an attacking LM, Modric sometimes dropping back to holding MF etc etc.  Of course it's easy to go over the top about it when you're playing Orient and Norwich but style of play seems to be in place and there are more players to follow.  The one thing that is obvious is that Ramos has a clear vision of how he wants his team to play, who he needs to achieve it and Levy (providing the money) and Comolli (convincing the players) are doing the business for Ramos.

How's it paid for?  Well, nothing is cheap at Spurs, boxes, ST's, etc, £70m+ for Berbatov (when he goes), Keane, the Sunderland 3 and Kaboul, the strict salary structure, they're all contributing to the availability of funds.  There's no doubt in my mind that the overdraft will increase but the ITK's are agreed that our accounts won't be showing any worse than any other club. 

Guest sondre

WILL-NOT-WHINE-ABOUT-SPURS'-SIGNINGS...ARGHHH!! :yikes:

Have to admit though..they are looking quite strong if they get arshavin and a DM..

Villa have a pathetically small squad which MON has allowed to disintegrate, and a terminal inability to conclude deals without fuss, Newcastle seem to be gripped by stasis, Everton haven't got a pot to piss in, West Ham have had their financial rug pulled from beneath them and are lumbered with a squad of high-earning, injury prone wasters.

Hate Redknapp though I do, he has done pretty well this window. So Portsmouth and Spurs seem to be switched on.

I just think traditional "big" clubs like Newcastle, Villa and Everton seem to be stood around doing bugger all, sneering at Redknapp, whilst he puts together a pretty impressive set up.

Mmmmmmm not sure about spurs. there main problem for the last few years has been lack of strength,physically,defensivly and i don't see that being remidied.

i can see sours going 4-2-3-1 next season but i have no idea who their vital "2" will be.

Veloso and/or Albelda are the two high up in the list of options, though wanting them and getting them are two totally different things.  That said, with our dealings in this window, I'm reluctant to discount anybody as pie in the sky wishful thinking.

See my previous post MJ.

Gomes

Arshavin

Villa/Bent/Milito

The Lennons/Gilbertos/back up CB's will get a good degree of action, I've no doubt about that, varying on whether we're home or away, the ability of the opposition etc.

The most noticeable thing about the pre-season matches so far is the flexibility of the players as they interchange with positions, Bale operating as an attacking LM, Modric sometimes dropping back to holding MF etc etc.  Of course it's easy to go over the top about it when you're playing Orient and Norwich but style of play seems to be in place and there are more players to follow.  The one thing that is obvious is that Ramos has a clear vision of how he wants his team to play, who he needs to achieve it and Levy (providing the money) and Comolli (convincing the players) are doing the business for Ramos.

How's it paid for?  Well, nothing is cheap at Spurs, boxes, ST's, etc, £70m+ for Berbatov (when he goes), Keane, the Sunderland 3 and Kaboul, the strict salary structure, they're all contributing to the availability of funds.  There's no doubt in my mind that the overdraft will increase but the ITK's are agreed that our accounts won't be showing any worse than any other club. 

All spurs ITKs are agreed that you're going to be playing 12 in a team this year? Surely that wouldn't be allowed

See my previous post MJ.

Gomes

Arshavin

Villa/Bent/Milito

All spurs ITKs are agreed that you're going to be playing 12 in a team this year? Surely that wouldn't be allowed

:lol: well spotted! was thinking to myself that looked much more like a sunday roast than a FIFA regulation football team

See my previous post MJ.

Gomes

Arshavin

Villa/Bent/Milito

:lol: :lol:

12 on the field does help!! :lol:

I copied/pasted that from a Spurs forum, no one's said a bloody word for the past couple of hours!  OK, I accept it there will be problems in fitting them all in!

See my previous post MJ.

Gomes

Arshavin

Villa/Bent/Milito

I copied/pasted that from a Spurs forum, no one's said a bloody word for the past couple of hours!  OK, I accept it there will be problems in fitting them all in!

:lol: Arshavin does look a bit out of place. I'd steer well clear

See my previous post MJ.

Gomes

Arshavin

Villa/Bent/Milito

:lol: To be fair as the managerial cliche goes, it's a ''nice problem to have''. One which we toon fans with our threadbare squad can only dream about...  :weep:

Guest Scouseman

Barry's transfer to Liverpool has been called off.

Strictly speaking, it hasn't been called off, as calling it off implies that it was on.

We had a price, they didn't offer it, end of.

I think you might find it's just MON playing his silly games.  Having conducted the whole thing in the media from day one, spitting his dummy out at every turn, imo he's done himself, your club and certainly Barry a great dis-service.  Had it gone too quiet for him in the media over the last few weeks?

He's managed to make it look as though it was Liverpool using the media so maybe he's achieved what he set out to do.

There are only two or three respected ITK's on the Liverpool boards, this was from one of them last night around 7.

"Bit more of an update is that Rafa knew this was coming and had no intention of rising to their demands........ He has taken Finnan to Spain also and he has the intention of using him tonight, if Finnan was being used as a makeweight in the deal he wouldn't of even got on the plane.

So another twist to the story. "

You say you don't need to sell Barry, well Liverpool don't need to buy him.  Alonso is a better player in many Liverpool fans eyes, so though most would like Barry they're happy to keep Alonso instead.  Villa on the other hand will be left with an unhappy player on their hands who will leave next summer  for less than half what MON is asking.

I find it very strange , as all of my mates (including myself) reserve our hatred for the Goons or Chelski.

Id even think of .......... QPR , Millwall, Wet Spam, fulham, even somebody like Bolton before I got to Newcastle

very strange

Maybe because you all post on our boards telling us how wonderful you are.

very strange

I personally have my own racist reasons