Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

"once Tottenham came in, my heart was set"

So he was never after Champions League football then?

Wanker

"once Tottenham came in, my heart was set"

So he was never after Champions League football then?

Wanker

He's from that neck of the woods, like, so might have just been happy to return home to what is *spit* a very good club. Saw my cousin from Hertfordshire at a wedding recently and was interested to find out he's good mates with Bentley, went to school with him and still keeps in touch (goes to birthday parties, etc.), the Spurs deal has been wrapped up for that long at least (3 weeks now), as far as he was aware. Apparently Bentley didn't say too much though, which I suppose was fairly sensible of him.

Think Tottenham turned out to be the best of his options when he realised there was no interest from the CL clubs.

Can KD or Jol confirm Spurs are struggling to find the money to finalize the Arshavin deal and its the same reason why the Pavlyuchenko deal fell through?

dont think i't true tbh. Think Levy is being his usual stingy self and the deal will go through eventually.

Brummie, that pic makes it look like he's celebrating the goal and nothing else.

btw where's kaka lately? he said we'll definately not sign Bentley because he'll be off to villa (add to that his claim that kewell will be a spurs player).

I'm right here punk!

I see you were clearly rattled by the Bentley to Villa comment then  :lol:

Spurs are getting good players in  no doubt, but something still isn't right. If they indeed intend to play Modric, Arshavin, Bentley, Dos Santos and Jenas (!), who for some reason they gave a new contract, then where does a DM fit in?!

You lot look like you are going to be very, very soft next season.

You will play some pretty stuff at times though and embarrass some weaker teams, but then again, thats what you did this last season passed.

I don't see a major improvement at all.

Why. The. f***. Are teams suddenly obliged to play with a defensive midfielder now? Because Makelele was quite good for Chelsea? You're talking s****. As always. Spurs have made massive strides compared to us this window and look set to continue to do so. Absolute self-denial to claim otherwise. They're spending silly money to do so, and it could go tits up, but I know which signings I'd rather have.

:lol:

I talk shit as always? Well at least I have my own opinions while all you always talk about is how others opinions are shit. Grow up.

I doubt you've ever even played a sport in your life never mind football. I've been involved enough in the game to be confident in my opinion thank you very much. Last summer I heard the same crap about how awesome Spurs would be, but I wasn't so sure and I didn't believe for a second that they would be anywhere near the top four.

Yes, they are buying pretty names, but it really is a different story when the games begin. I saw them enough last season to know that they need some strength and character in that midfield, and this hasn't changed, and in fact you could argue the situation is worse. In my opinion it's an imbalanced team. They will dominate in some games and look brilliant, but then I also feel they will lose a lot of games like the first game against Sunderland last season, where their opponents are nowhere near as talented, but get stuck into them all game.

Yes it would have been nice to sign SOME of the players they have brought in but if we, Newcastle, had exactly the same team (on the whole) that they have right now, I would have the same concerns also.

This is my opinion. Deal with it.

Care to let me know why exactly you think that team will be succesful, other than because of the names of the players in it? Do you actually have a valid argument as to why you don't think they will need a defensive midfielder and why it will work without one?

Or are you just going to swear and claim everyone else is talking rubbish again?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Spurs in talks with Pavlyuchenko 

By Saj Chowdhury 

Pavlyuchenko starred for Russia at the European Championship

Tottenham have held talks with Spartak Moscow striker Roman Pavlyuchenko, BBC Sport understands.

The 26-year-old Russia international met representatives from the north London club last week, although no deal has been agreed yet.

The £15m-rated Pavlyuchenko impressed during Euro 2008, scoring three goals.

Spurs are also believed to be keen to sign his Russia team-mate Andrei Arshavin, although Zenit St Petersburg claim they have not been approached. 

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos has already spent about £45m on transfer fees which has seen forward Giovani Dos Santos, midfielders Luka Modric and David Bentley and goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes arrive at the club this summer.

They recouped some of that money with the £20.3m sale of Robbie Keane to Liverpool, the £3.5m spent by Blackburn for keeper Paul Robinson and the transfers of Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda and Teemu Tainio to Sunderland.

It has also been widely reported that fellow forward Dimitar Berbatov will leave White Hart Lane before the start of the season.

The Bulgaria international did not appear in the 5-1 defeat of Leyton Orient on Wednesday and also did not feature in Monday's game at Norwich.

how do spurs have this much money?

Report on sky sports news this morning says they have spent £43m with £39m coming back in. They have done some very good deals selling players.

Which players were they including, those figures don't look quite right.

Spurs in talks with Pavlyuchenko 

By Saj Chowdhury 

Pavlyuchenko starred for Russia at the European Championship

Tottenham have held talks with Spartak Moscow striker Roman Pavlyuchenko, BBC Sport understands.

The 26-year-old Russia international met representatives from the north London club last week, although no deal has been agreed yet.

The £15m-rated Pavlyuchenko impressed during Euro 2008, scoring three goals.

Spurs are also believed to be keen to sign his Russia team-mate Andrei Arshavin, although Zenit St Petersburg claim they have not been approached. 

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos has already spent about £45m on transfer fees which has seen forward Giovani Dos Santos, midfielders Luka Modric and David Bentley and goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes arrive at the club this summer.

They recouped some of that money with the £20.3m sale of Robbie Keane to Liverpool, the £3.5m spent by Blackburn for keeper Paul Robinson and the transfers of Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda and Teemu Tainio to Sunderland.

It has also been widely reported that fellow forward Dimitar Berbatov will leave White Hart Lane before the start of the season.

The Bulgaria international did not appear in the 5-1 defeat of Leyton Orient on Wednesday and also did not feature in Monday's game at Norwich.

So can we use the ZSP 'no approach' tag to mean that AA's agent offically talks shit?

Pretty pleased to hear about Pavlyuchenko. He scored a few at Euro 2008 but the amount of chances he was given he should have scored a lot more. I've said it before when we were linked with him, if you don't create him a plethora of chances he won't score because he'll miss a lot more than he'll score.

Pretty pleased to hear about Pavlyuchenko. He scored a few at Euro 2008 but the amount of chances he was given he should have scored a lot more. I've said it before when we were linked with him, if you don't create him a plethora of chances he won't score because he'll miss a lot more than he'll score.

yup, hope they do sign him...isn't he a year older than berbatov as well?  poor move imo

Like I said before, my head will be turned when they sign a decent defensive midfielder and a couple of center backs who can stay fit...

Thats of course providing they don't sell Berbatov in which case they look worse off than last year.

:lol: Your head wouldn't be turned by a potential haul of Dos Santos, Arshavin, Pav., Bentley, and Modric compared to our Guthrie, Gutierrez and Bassong? Worse off than last year? With the potential addition of Villa to replace Berbatov? Bollocks. Harp on about their defence if you like, it's no worse than anyone else's outside the top four or five, especially no worse than ours. Daft daft daft.

Read my previous posts, the signings they've made look outstanding on paper but it doesn't always work like that does it. Spurs were what something like third top scorers in the league last year, surely more attackers aren't required. Keane and Berbatov were proven top goal scorers, if they go there's no guarantee the new lads will.

...and Villa? I'll believe it when I see it.

The fact is surely its a priority to solve your weaknesses then build on your strengths, Spurs don't seem to have done that. Once again their defense looks good on paper but the fact is  they'll be lucky to get half a season with the lot of them playing together.

Also comparing Spurs defense to our own, have you lost it? At the minute they look better than us all over the park.

yup, hope they do sign him...isn't he a year older than berbatov as well?  poor move imo

According to wikipedia he's about a year younger (Berbatov born January 1981, Pavlyuchenko born December 1981), but there's no way he's as good as Berbatov.

Guest kingdawson

Can KD or Jol confirm Spurs are struggling to find the money to finalize the Arshavin deal and its the same reason why the Pavlyuchenko deal fell through?

dont think i't true tbh. Think Levy is being his usual stingy self and the deal will go through eventually.

Brummie, that pic makes it look like he's celebrating the goal and nothing else.

btw where's kaka lately? he said we'll definately not sign Bentley because he'll be off to villa (add to that his claim that kewell will be a spurs player).

I'm right here punk!

Spurs are getting good players in  no doubt, but something still isn't right. If they indeed intend to play Modric, Arshavin, Bentley, Dos Santos and Jenas (!), who for some reason they gave a new contract, then where does a DM fit in?!

You will play some pretty stuff at times though and embarrass some weaker teams, but then again, thats what you did this last season passed.

Why. The. f***. Are teams suddenly obliged to play with a defensive midfielder now? Because Makelele was quite good for Chelsea? You're talking s****. As always. Spurs have made massive strides compared to us this window and look set to continue to do so. Absolute self-denial to claim otherwise. They're spending silly money to do so, and it could go tits up, but I know which signings I'd rather have.

I talk s*** as always? Well at least I have my own opinions while all you always talk about is how others opinions are s***. Grow up.

I doubt you've ever even played a sport in your life never mind football. I've been involved enough in the game to be confident in my opinion thank you very much. Last summer I heard the same crap about how awesome Spurs would be, but I wasn't so sure and I didn't believe for a second that they would be anywhere near the top four.

Yes, they are buying pretty names, but it really is a different story when the games begin. I saw them enough last season to know that they need some strength and character in that midfield, and this hasn't changed, and in fact you could argue the situation is worse. In my opinion it's an imbalanced team. They will dominate in some games and look brilliant, but then I also feel they will lose a lot of games like the first game against Sunderland last season, where their opponents are nowhere near as talented, but get stuck into them all game.

Yes it would have been nice to sign SOME of the players they have brought in but if we, Newcastle, had exactly the same team (on the whole) that they have right now, I would have the same concerns also.

Care to let me know why exactly you think that team will be succesful, other than because of the names of the players in it? Do you actually have a valid argument as to why you don't think they will need a defensive midfielder and why it will work without one?

Or are you just going to swear and claim everyone else is talking rubbish again?

Tbh you'd still find faults with us, even if we did get a dm and cb.

Spurs have booked 2 medicals at the private clinic they use, one for tomorrow, the other for Monday.  Don't know who.

How do you know they are Medicals as opposed to scans etc?

"ITK's are agreed".  :thup:

Guest kingdawson

Spurs have booked 2 medicals at the private clinic they use, one for tomorrow, the other for Monday.  Don't know who.

Stephen Bywater is one of them

Very weird signing tbh. We might as well have kept Cerny.

Guest Alex20

I'm not trying to hate but I have this gut feeling that the Spurs are going to be the ''biggest disappointment of the year''. Their midfield really lacks any D and ultimately that's going to be break them.  If you're a betting man try to bet on ''over 2.5, 3.5 goals'' for the Spurs games, early in the season the numbers will be pretty decent. With that squad they might score 2 a game but they'll also concede at least 2 a game IMO.

BTW, what's up with Barry ? Villa announced his staying yesterday and now I'm reading that he's about to sign for Liverpool for 19M + Tennant ?

Wanted more 1st team games didn't he?

Guest kingdawson

Not really tbh. He wanted a new contract but we didnt want to give it to him. He was a solid keeper, so i really dont know why we didnt extend it for at least a year.

I'm right here punk!

I talk s*** as always? Well at least I have my own opinions while all you always talk about is how others opinions are s***. Grow up.

Tbh you'd still find faults with us, even if we did get a dm and cb.

If you signed Amdy Faye and Titus Bramble hell yes I would!

Otherwise you're just speculating aren't you.

If I genuinely think a team is going to be good I would say so. I'm not that petty.

I could easily accuse you of being overly optimistic of your team also. It was the same last summer and look what happened. I feel like I was right then and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

You want me to say something nice about Spurs to make you feel better? Look back over my posts and I have numerous times. I loved the Berbs and Keane partnership, and I wasn't too happy when you signed Bale having seen him a good few times, he is class. Also liked hutton also. Didn't really think much of anyone else you had last season though.

Not really tbh. He wanted a new contract but we didnt want to give it to him. He was a solid keeper, so i really dont know why we didnt extend it for at least a year.

Can't argue with that tbh.  He wasn't brilliant but fairly reliable, never bitched about not playing much, wasn't paid much even by Spurs' standards, but still he was ok about it.  I would have preferred Cerny as the back up.

Like I said before, my head will be turned when they sign a decent defensive midfielder and a couple of center backs who can stay fit...

Thats of course providing they don't sell Berbatov in which case they look worse off than last year.

:lol: Your head wouldn't be turned by a potential haul of Dos Santos, Arshavin, Pav., Bentley, and Modric compared to our Guthrie, Gutierrez and Bassong? Worse off than last year? With the potential addition of Villa to replace Berbatov? Bollocks. Harp on about their defence if you like, it's no worse than anyone else's outside the top four or five, especially no worse than ours. Daft daft daft.

You're comparing the Spuds potential signings with our actual signings so far!  Why do some people have to be deliberately negative about our own side yet exaggerate how good things are at other clubs, its f***ing crazy!