Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Villa pay over the top for Cueller...

Anton Ferdinand - 10m

Younes Kaboul - 6m

Carlos Cuellar - 7.8m

Those were two others we were linked with this summer. I know which one looks the best.

that's right. Cuellar pisses all over the other 2 from a great height

Anton Ferdinand - 10m

Younes Kaboul - 6m

Carlos Cuellar - 7.8m

Those were two others we were linked with this summer. I know which one looks the best.

Does he? We know Kaboul hasn't done too well, and we know Ferdinand is an average prem defender, but i cannot remember the last time Cuellar played in the Premiership.

He's played in a weak league all season looking great, and in the UEFA playing in the most boring mind numbing defensive team on planet, although he looked good, its hard to tell from that alone. A decent defender is going to shine in an ultra defensive formation no doubt about it.

Its a big fee, a big gamble, he could easily be another Boumsong, or an Amoruso, or a Barry Ferguson. I don't think he will be, but i don't reckon he'll piss all over Ferdinand or be as fantastic as everyone reckons. Still would have liked him here, but would say personally, £5m is a gamble.

Cuellar is a below average player really, 1 lucky season in scotland and hes now amazing  mackems.gif

He was also the major reason why they reached the UEFA Cup final.  Far from being "below average" IMO.

I'm not knocking Cuellar, but it's easy for a defender to look good when your team are playing negative football.

What is he going to look like in a side pressing forward, and the opposition counter-attack has better players than St Mirren's?

Boro have made a confirmed bid for Hoyte according to SSN...

Terrible player.

Allows attackers to run at him as he backs off all the way into his 6yd box, before even thinking about entertaining the idea of putting in a challenge.

Clueless defender.

Southgate will be the toast of the town for Arsenal fans tonight.

Cuellar signing is confirmed now.

This time last week I was suicidal at our business. Right now I'm way more happy. That's fickle football fans for you.

Cuellar is shit but congrats anyway.

This time last week I was suicidal at our business. Right now I'm way more happy. That's fickle football fans for you.

How many players you got so far this window now and how much spent?

sidwell, friedel, gusman, cuellar and young? nicky shorey as well iirc

sidwell, friedel, gusman, cuellar and young?

Shorey too...

sidwell, friedel, gusman, cuellar and young? nicky shorey as well iirc

Curtis Davies actually signed this summer, having technically been on a year long loan last season. About £30m spent I make that.

Anton Ferdinand - 10m

Younes Kaboul - 6m

Carlos Cuellar - 7.8m

Does he? We know Kaboul hasn't done too well, and we know Ferdinand is an average prem defender, but i cannot remember the last time Cuellar played in the Premiership.

He's played in a weak league all season looking great, and in the UEFA playing in the most boring mind numbing defensive team on planet, although he looked good, its hard to tell from that alone. A decent defender is going to shine in an ultra defensive formation no doubt about it.

Its a big fee, a big gamble, he could easily be another Boumsong, or an Amoruso, or a Barry Ferguson. I don't think he will be, but i don't reckon he'll piss all over Ferdinand or be as fantastic as everyone reckons. Still would have liked him here, but would say personally, £5m is a gamble.

So many people just don't even mention the fact he is a proven La Liga defender. Or are you saying the Premiership is that far ahead of La Liga? No more of a gamble than Coloccini or Vidic for that matter.

Guest johnson293

So many people just don't even mention the fact he is a proven La Liga defender. Or are you saying the Premiership is that far ahead of La Liga? No more of a gamble than Coloccini or Vidic for that matter.

And the last centre half Rangers sold to the Premiership for big money was a French International, and proven in the French top flight.

Remember him?

And the last centre half Rangers sold to the Premiership for big money was a French International, and proven in the French top flight.

Remember him?

:joker:

Remember him?

Spot on, it happened once, so it's 99% certain it will happen again.

Anton Ferdinand - 10m

Younes Kaboul - 6m

Carlos Cuellar - 7.8m

He was as average as Ferdinand in LaLiga.

Hardly anyone had heard of him when he moved to Rangers, i didn't hear ymany people on here complaining we missed out on this proven quality.

Anton Ferdinand - 10m

Younes Kaboul - 6m

Carlos Cuellar - 7.8m

He was as average as Ferdinand in LaLiga.

Hardly anyone had heard of him when he moved to Rangers, i didn't hear ymany people on here complaining we missed out on this proven quality.

How you work out that comparison with Ferdinand I don't know. He was linked with the top clubs in Spain and also premiership teams before his move to Rangers and I had certainly noticed him in that Osasuna side that were doing really well.

Hoyte to Boro.

I think the bid will be accepted he isnt ever going to be able to take over from Sagna.

Wish him the best

Is his brother any good?

I dont think he will make it at Arsenal, but he is good yeh

Apparently stoke have bid for our FAYE for around 2 million, personally i'd be gutted if we sold him! Hes the one supposed to pair up with Coloccini in my opinion, hes a BEAST

Be a poor move to sell him unless he is unhappy. We need competition for places not get 1 in let 1 go.