Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's better than Bentley & comfortably better than Pavlychenko.  How much did Spurs pay for them?

I'd rather have Bentley or Pvlychenko. Having said that, I'd rather have all three mentioned ahead of our strikers.

EDIT: I meant Bent not Bentley. Thought we were talking strikers.

Guest kingdawson

Bentley = £15m

Pav = £13m

Sky bet have suspended bets on defoe returning to us and BBC final score and 5 live are reporting he's having a medical right now.

Guest kingdawson

f*** happened to Bentley. Wa superb at Blackburn for a few seasons. Can't even cross at this point.

He's been garbage so far.

f*** happened to Bentley. Wa superb at Blackburn for a few seasons. Can't even cross at this point.

He's been garbage so far.

Oh, really? You've only mentioned it in what, every second fucking post?

Bentley = £15m

Pav = £13m

Sky bet have suspended bets on defoe returning to us and BBC final score and 5 live are reporting he's having a medical right now.

Final Score is still on at 11pm?

Guest kingdawson

Bentley = £15m

Pav = £13m

I meant when it was on.

He's better than Bentley & comfortably better than Pavlychenko.  How much did Spurs pay for them?

I'd rather have Bentley or Pvlychenko. Having said that, I'd rather have all three mentioned ahead of our strikers.

EDIT: I meant Bent not Bentley. Thought we were talking strikers.

Disagree with that post totally. I like Pavlyuchenko quite a bit, and think he will be a nice player in England, but I'd still have Oba and Owen over him. Bent is useless. Even Spurs supporters can acknowledge this. He score when it's on a platter, but 99% of the time he just falls on his arse when the ball comes near him.

Bentley = £15m

Pav = £13m

I meant when it was on.

aye, just read that, will sign monday apparently

Why?! :lol:

Guest The Libertine

"Jermain Defoe has been threatened by Portsmouth fans angered at the prospect of him leaving the club.

"I have absolutely no idea how they got hold of my number but some of the calls have made me sick to my stomach," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"I have reported it to officials at the club, but cannot accept that it is coming from people with a balanced state of mind.

"It has infuriated and upset my family and left me wondering what on earth possesses people to do things like that."

disgusting fans tbh. they should wait till he's got over his "flu" which ruled him out of the fa cup match. do these people have no conscience?!

Why?! :lol:

I'd swap Bent and Pavlyechenko for Viduka and Owen seeing as neither will be playing for us next season in any case.

Here is load of today tittle tattle in bullet points

NEWS OF THE WORLD:

Arsenal have targeted a shock move for Manchester City ace Stephen Ireland.

Middlesbrough have accused Spurs of trying to steal Stewart Downing on the cheap.

Wolves are looking to sign Watford midfielder John-Joe O'Toole.

Juventus are among the clubs to have expressed an interest in Newcastle striker Michael Owen.

West Ham want £15million from Aston Villa for defender Matthew Upson.

Reading striker Leroy Lita is a shock target for Everton.

Hull are looking to sign Michael Ball from Manchester City.

Ben Foster insists he does want to stay at Manchester United.

West Brom want Benfica striker Ariza Makukula on loan.

Peter Taylor will be named as the new Derby boss if Nigel Clough turns the job down.

Tranmere midfielder Steve Jennings is set to chose a move to either Leeds, Bristol City, Huddersfield, Blackpool or Leicester.

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll is being eyed by Ipswich.

Veteran midfielder Dietmar Hamann could be heading for Bolton after all.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Juventus have tabled a £20million offer for Portsmouth striker Jermain Defoe.

Glen Johnson is poised to sign a contract extension at Portsmouth.

Carlos Tevez is on collision course with his advisors over negotiations for a permanent move to Manchester United.

Newcastle could turn to Artur Boruc if Manchester City land Shay Given.

Joe Hart is seeking urgent talks with Manchester City boss Mark Hughes.

West Ham will use Matthew Upson as bait in their bid to land Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner.

Stoke are poised to sign Senegal defender Lamine Diatta.

THE PEOPLE

Gareth Barry is close to pledging his long-term future to Aston Villa.

Juventus could be set to offer Portsmouth £20million for striker Jermain Defoe.

Portsmouth right-back Glen Johnson is set to join Liverpool for £9million.

Tony Adams hopes to bring Joey Barton to Fratton Park.

West Ham have rejected an £8million bid from Chelsea for Valon Behrami.

Sunderland are chasing two centre-backs, Paul Scharner and Matthew Upson.

Manchester City have upped their bid for Everton star Mikel Arteta to £12million.

Harry Redknapp is ready to bid for England full-back Nicky Shorey.

Hull are ready to make an ambitious move for Sheffield United hitman James Beattie.

Everton are to launch an £8million bid for Racing Santander striker Mohammed Tchite.

Wigan's Kevin Kilbane is a shock target for Phil Brown's Hull.

Burnley boss Owen Coyle wants Bolton right-back Nicky Hunt to boost their promotion push.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Manchester United's bid to permanently sign Carlos Tevez have been hit by his huge pay demands.

Shay Given and Jermain Defoe will head Manchester City's January spending spree.

Aston Villa want £12million-rated Serb striker Milan Jovanovic.

Chelsea have been alerted by the news Hatem Ben Arfa is available from Marseille.

Newcastle and Sunderland want Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha.

Doncaster want Lee Hughes but fear the Oldham striker is too expensive.

Bolton boss Gary Megson is set to make a new £3.5million offer for West Brom midfielder James Morrison.

West Brom's bid to sign Real Mallorca's Oscar Trejo has stalled.

Newcastle have joined the chase for Sheffield United whizzkid Kyle Naughton.

Joe Kinnear insists Michael Owen and Shay Given are "untouchable" in the transfer window.

Wigan will seal a £4.5million deal for Hugo Rodallega on Wednesday.

Wigan, Spurs and Middlesbrough will have to stave off competition from Real Betis for striker Mark Janko.

West Brom are trying to take Ariza Makukula on loan for the rest of the season.

Everton and Blackburn are both watching Wrexham midfielder Andy Fleming.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted for the first time that Carlos Tevez could be on his way out of Old Trafford

Spurs will land long-term target Stewart Downing in a £12million deal in this transfer window.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Carlos Tevez's wage demands are putting a permanent move to Manchester United in doubt.

Arsene Wenger is in a stand-off with the Arsenal board over transfer funds.

Derby could turn to Steve McClaren for their managerial vacancy.

SUNDAY TIMES

Jermain Defoe does not intend to play for Portsmouth again after receiving death threats

Roma are ready to fight Tottenham for Lukas Podolski.

Aaron Lennon is a potential target for Liverpool if Xabi Alonso is sold.

SUNDAY MAIL

Newcastle want to take Barry Ferguson back to the Premier League.

Dundee United boss Craig Levein fears losing Lee Wilkie to Rangers in a £400,000 deal.

Arsenal defender Kolo Toure is the latest player to appear on Manchester City's radar, while Lucas Neill may be set for a return to Blackburn.

Bayern to offload Podolski

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04012009/58/bundesliga-bayern-want-9-5m-podolski.html

Aston Villa are in talks with West Ham to sign Matthew Upson for £10m, but the Hammers want £15m for the defender. (News of the World)

I guess Carlos Cuellar hasn`t impressed too much? Whenever he`s played I think it`s rarely been at centre back even

Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing could be set to leave the club.

Press Association reports claim that the 24-year-old will submit a written transfer request on Monday.

Downing, who has 21 England caps, signed a new five-year deal in February last year but is rumoured to have become increasingly unsettled recently.

Tottenham have been keen to sign Downing for some time, and had a reported bid of £6m rejected and termed "derisory" by Boro last week.

Manager Gareth Southgate has repeatedly stressed that local boy Downing would not be sold.

The Teesside club are under no financial pressure to offload one of their most prized assets, but Southgate is not thought to have been previously aware of Downing's desire to leave.

His view may now become similar to the scenario involving Ayegbeni Yakubu when he made it clear his future lay away from the Riverside Stadium, and was swiftly allowed to leave.

Boro's valuation of Downing is nearer £15m, which would smash their record transfer sale, but it remains to be seen if Spurs will have the same opinion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/7810560.stm

Wonder if he has any club in mind he would like to play for?