Other clubs' transfers

Dave

It's pretty sad though, to think that whenever anything that could be even remotely construed as exciting for Spurs is about to happen, the first thought in Martin Jol's mind is "OMFG I've gotta go act ITK on that Newcastle board!"

Give it a rest dude, he's just posting something he's heard on here, not trying to offend anyone. It's no coincidence that he's posting transfer news now given that the window is open. I don't think the stick he gets is fair at all.

I don't give a damn if it's fair or not. I find him immensely annoying.

And a lot of other people do too.

Guest NorwegianMag

Bolton sign Sebastien Puygrenier on loan.

I take it that he's the defender they were waiting on instead of signing Davenport.

Puygrenier is a great defender. Or, was for Nancy.

Bolton sign Sebastien Puygrenier on loan.

I take it that he's the defender they were waiting on instead of signing Davenport.

Puygrenier is a great defender. Or, was for Nancy.

Ya, very good player, much better than f***** Davenport. I remember it was considered a very big deal when Zenit signed him this summer, so I am surprised that he is heading back west this quickly

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=607904&sec=transfers&cc=4716

City apparently lining up 30 million Euros for Zarate. That's something like 20+ million pounds right?

Good, player, but 20 million!?!

More like £27 million at the going rates tbh. :undecided:

I thought they were at parity?

It's recovered to a euro being about 90p last I saw

edit: got to about 98.5p at one point

While browsing about Bellamy, I found this from yesterdays Guardian:

Craig Bellamy would prefer to join ­Tottenham Hotspur rather than Manchester City and faces a stand-off with West Ham United if he is to leave the club, because City can offer a far bigger fee for the striker.

City have "made two substantial bids and are desperate to sign" the Wales international, according to an Upton Park executive, who said that Spurs had not made an offer. Tottenham are understood to be keeping only a watching brief on Bellamy after signing Jermain Defoe this week.

Bellamy, though, does not want to leave for City despite the presence of Mark Hughes, his former Blackburn Rovers and Wales manager, who is keen to pair him with Roque Santa Cruz if he can prise the Paraguayan from Ewood Park.

It is thought Bellamy believes a move to Spurs would give him a better chance of regular first-team football and fears becoming lost in a City squad which is bound to increase in depth and quality as the billionaire Abu Dhabi owners continue to spend.

Tottenham are keen to avoid a bidding war that only City can win , while West Ham believe that Hughes is likely to make a third offer early next week.

The situation is further confused because Spurs have not made an offer to West Ham and, with the arrival this week of Jermain Defoe, are, it is understood, happy to keep only a watching brief with regard to Bellamy.

Having now sold Matthew Etherington to Stoke City for £2m, loaned Lee Bowyer to Birmingham City and with Calum Davenport's imminent departure, West Ham are maintaining they will not be forced to sell any of their best players. Yet the club accept Bellamy is the most likely to leave of a group that also includes Robert Green, Matthew Upson and Scott Parker.

While the 29-year-old is keen to depart because of an 18 months in which he has made only 19 league starts, it is also understood there is a feeling in east London that he has under performed since joining from Liverpool for £7.5m.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/09/bellamy-west-ham-tottenham

What is the attraction with Spurs ffs?

Did you read the article?

He reckons he'd have more chance of regular football there.

I mean in general. All players seem to have this burning desire to go there, when in actual fact they're a very unstable club with an oversized, unbalanced squad. The amount of players who have struggled there after being good before their transfer is unreal - Bentley, Boateng, Darren Bent, Pavulychenko, Gomes, Bale. A whole bucket of talent there, some already established international players, whose careers are going to shit at White Hart Lane.

I would go as far to say that Spurs are almost as unstable as we are.