Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Stephen927

We were never going to be in for Bullard given his age, wage demands and transfer fee.

Don't rate him as highly as some on here, does a similar job to Barton and Guthrie.

would have been worth paying bullard 100k a week if he could keep newcastle in the premiership

That type of attitude is exactly the reason why we are in so much s*** at the moment.

please elaborate.

Over paying on wages for players that in reality, aren't that good and not worth anywhere near the money they're on.

I don't get how Bullard gets so much hype. He's got a decent pass on him and he's good at set-pieces. Oh, and he's a funny guy to have in the dressing room.

He's good but nothing special. Even at Fulham and Wigan I never thought he was too good for the likes of them.

Great signing for Villa a more mobile front target man imagine the pace now with Young and Gabby and Heskey in one team. Imagine O Neil could have been here but we opted Souness was it at the time?

would have been worth paying bullard 100k a week if he could keep newcastle in the premiership

That type of attitude is exactly the reason why we are in so much s*** at the moment.

please elaborate.

Over paying on wages for players that in reality, aren't that good and not worth anywhere near the money they're on.

Also at the wrong age and off the back of a major injury.

west ham set to sign 19 yr old savio nsereko for £10M from Brescia. this lad any good?

Is that spending the Bellamy money before the Icelandic administrators get their hands on it?  News from yesterday.....

High court in Iceland has confirmed that Hansa ehf. has gone in to administration. Hansa is the owner of WH Holdings Ltd, the majority owner of West Ham FC.

Björgólfur Guðmundsson is the owner of Hansa.

so if Hansa goes into administration, surely that puts West Ham in danger, too, right?

Hansa are in administration but West Ham are not so no problem for them right now.  The problems will arise when they can't generate money from sales so need to to turn to the parent company for cash.  That's how it was explained to me

Ah right. I know its up to us to save ourselves, but I was kinda hoping that them falling into administration and earning a points deduction could give us a helping hand  :blush:

Us meaning Newcastle or Spurs?  I think Spurs need the help more than Newcastle tbh  :lol:

I suppose the administrators could start retrieving assets from the subsidiary companies but with only a few days of the window left, not much likelihood of a fire sale taking place.  We can always live in hope I suppose.

Guest Mucky01

my mate a Hull season ticket holder has just told me that Bullard has signed a 4.5 year deal at £45k p/w – he’s ecstatic.

Guest Heneage

Hull to finish highest out of all the North East Teams this year?

Er, no.

Hull?

In the North-East?

Next people will be calling Villa in the North East man.

10 days to go distinct lack of activity.

Bullard doesn't have either the legs to be the pacy attacking player we need, or the defensive capabilities to be the holding type player we need. 

So we don't need him.

Yet he's still better than what we've got and we're NOT gonna sign Stevie Gerrard.

Great signing for Villa a more mobile front target man imagine the pace now with Young and Gabby and Heskey in one team. Imagine O Neil could have been here but we opted Souness was it at the time?

I thought o'Neill was asked to come here but he decided against it as he had no respect for FFS and didn't think he could work with him.

On SSN just now:

Reporter: You've also been linked with an Egyptian winger, any truth in that?

Allardyce: An Egyptian Winger? Well it's nice to hear that they're coming from all over Europe...

Yeah try North Africa, idiot.

Bullard doesn't have either the legs to be the pacy attacking player we need, or the defensive capabilities to be the holding type player we need. 

So we don't need him.

Yet he's still better than what we've got and we're NOT gonna sign Stevie Gerrard.

We might when he gets convicted for beating this lad up, sent to prison & the press hound Liverpool to take the moral high ground & sack him for the good of the game.

So we don't need him.

Really? Fuck. I had all my hopes pinned on him.

Bullard is way better than any CM weve got.

The likes of Viduka, Geremi, Owen, Barton, Duff, Ameobi, Butt are the reasons we are in trouble.

I'd take Barton over Bullard any day. Better player in every aspect beyond free kicks and controlling temper tantrums.

So we don't need him.

We might when he gets convicted for beating this lad up, sent to prison & the press hound Liverpool to take the moral high ground & sack him for the good of the game.

:lol:

I thought o'Neill was asked to come here but he decided against it as he had no respect for FFS and didn't think he could work with him.

Yes, that's the reason - he thinks very highly of NUFC as a club, but didn't want to work with the Board at that time(or, I suspect, the current one...!).