Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Hear so much about Ibrahimovich but every time i see him (big CL game) he looks like a load of hype. Totally vanished against Manu like where as you could never say that Eto'o did.

Dunno if we were watching the same game, I'd say it was the complete opposite. Ibrahimovic absolutely dominated the ManU defenders, sublime touch and linkup play which they couldn't prevent, with the downside being that he failed to convert the few chances he did manage to get on the end of. Eto'o on the other hand scored a relatively decent goal (Vidic sold himself cheaply imo) then did nothing for the rest of the game.

To be fair to Eto'o, the tactics Guardiola employed had him effectively playing as a right winger for most of the match, and that would have caused his performance levels to drop, but even then I think Eto'o isn't the same player he was a few years ago, which is understandable given the several lengthy injuries he's had. Although his stats are still impressive and he's still a good forward, for me there's this nagging suspicion that Barca could, and should, be doing better. I think it's time to move him on, especially with the likes of Villa and (if true) Ibrahimovic available, good goalscorers who have considerably better all round play than Eto'o.

In fact, the tactic used by Barca in the CL final points to why Barca really could do with signing Ibrahimovic to replace Eto'o. Et'o was played out wide because Guardiola wanted someone central who could get the ball to stick to him, which is something Messi is good at. I'd say that Ibrahimovic is better than Messi at that aspect of the game given that it's tied in to his natural position, so Barca having him up front and Messi out wide would probably increase their dominance of possession even more.

Zlatan Ibrahimovitch is just another example of an overhyped left footed player from South America who has above average technique but in reality lacks the physicality and brainpower to ever compete on the highest level (ie the Prem top 4, Europe, etc). Has he ever scored a goal with his right foot? I haven't seen one. Against the superior English teams he has been crushed by average Premiership centrebacks who just show him onto his wrong side where he is absolutely incapicitated as a footballer. If I was Pep Guardiola I would rather sign Owen on a pay by my play contract rather than shell out huge sums of money on another over rated 'ceelebrity' footballer.

:lol:

Well, who knows. But if they get rid of Eto'o they're basically insane, Henry isn't half the player

That's true. But they dont play in the same position either..

Don't they? Both strikers that can also play out wide.

Eto'o used to switch positions with Ronaldinho through the course of a game to great effect before Ronaldinho got fat and lazy.

I think Barca are better off perhaps going for an up and coming forward for a smaller fee (if they really want another one) and concentrate on perhaps improving the defence.

That said, it's pretty hard to improve that team. Sometimes you just have to keep things ticking along. No big changes are needed, and as such I think signing Ibra would be unnecessary, at this moment in time.

However often Ibrahimovic has flopped in Europe he's still a class player.

He practically carries Inter at times, creates and scores their goals, their entire attack is based around him. His control and technique are impecable, and on his day he can be spectaular. I just can't see him at Barca, their whole ethic is based around hard work, their players run, pressure and hastle players when they don't have the ball, right through the entire outfield they all work so hard. This could be where it doesn't work for Ibra, if he cannot adapt himself and learn to make an effort all of the time, aswell as deflate his enormous ego then he isn't gonna fit into that star-studded, but hard working Barca team. However if he does move, and he is a success at Barca, he will be spectacular for them.

I actually see Forlan or Villa being better options for Barca.

Forlan/Villa

Ribery                          Messi

That front 3 would be incredible, even more so than their current triumvirate.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The only extreme dildo is Zlatang Imbrahimovitch. He is like an extremely small, microscopic dildo that has absolutely no affect on anyone except for a insect or a rat. The only teams he has ever played against where he has looked like a footballer are the likes of FC Kebab and Dynamo Kitchensburg. Against anyone of any respectable quality he has looked like meryl streep if she was taller and more well built. Not like a football man who is paid for his duty.

The Dutch and Belgium media are saying that Vermalen and Arsenal are discussing a 4 year contract. Arsenal has offered 13m euro for Vermalen. http://www.vi.nl/NieuwsItem/AjaciedVerm ... deling.htm

Some of the people who have seen him play alot are really rating him, im a sceptic, but haven't seen enough to judge!

http://www.vi.nl/NieuwsItem/AjaciedVermaelenMetArsenalInOnderhandeling.htm

Dzeko’s agent confirms Arsenal and Man City bidsJune - 6 - 2009

The agent of the Bundesliga sensation Eden Dzeko has confirmed that the Bosnian international is considering offers from both Man City and Arsenal, but he thinks that he is more likely to move to Arsene Wengers team.

The agent, Irfan Redžepagić, said: “It is not realistic for Dzeko who is a leading player in Germany and due to perform in the Champions League to opt for an average club like Manchester City. Arsenal is the other case. We will discuss their offer seriously”

“I will talk over the weekend with Eden and we will see what is best for him. On Monday it is back to the negotiations with Wolfsburg” said Redžepagić.

Dzeko has impressed everyone this season with 26 goals in 32 hgames, helping Wolfsburg to the Bundesliga title. If he could transfer that form to the Premiership, he will be a superstar very quickly.

Basing this purely on statistics, i hope we get this guy to replace Adebayor and this isnt the agent stiring interest in his player.

I would love to get these and Yaya Toure, unlikely imo, but i think the squad would be drastically improved with these signings!

Denilson has joined Vietnamese giants Hai Phong Cement.

HAI PHONG, Vietnam (AFP) - Livid Vietnamese football fans burned stadium seats and newspapers after their team's loss Saturday as new Brazilian superstar signing Denilson sat inactive in the stands.

More than an hour before the game began, 30,000 supporters had filled Lach Tray stadium eager to see the 31-year-old Brazilian make his debut for the home team but they were disappointed when he was left off the teamsheet.

"Denilson, go home!" some of them shouted after Hai Phong Cement Football Club lost 2-0 to league-leading Danang City.

Smoke rose over the stadium in this northeastern port city and firefighters, who had been on standby, climbed into the stands to douse the blazes.

The fans, notorious for their aggressive behaviour, had already been throwing water bottles and other objects throughout the match.

Hai Phong Cement said Denilson, a member of Brazil's 2002 World Cup-winning squad and once the world's most expensive footballer, signed with them during the week.

"I arrived one week ago and will train more," Denilson told AFP from his seat in the stands shortly before his team took the field to start the second half of the V-League season.

But one fan, Pham Binh Cuong, 35, said he was "very unhappy" that the Brazilian would sit out the game.

Cuong said he had come to watch him play "because he is one of the world's most famous footballers."

Pham Quoc Duc, 30, who described himself as a diehard fan, said he would have come anyway but was curious about the club's star signing.

The Brazilian told AFP through a translator that he would play "after 10 days."

Asked whether the fans would be disappointed at his no-show Saturday, he said only: "I will play for this team."

Denilson declined to reveal his salary but said it is less than the 40,000-50,000 US dollars a month reported by unnamed sources in local media.

African, European, Asian and even other Brazilian players have become common on Vietnamese football teams but a World Cup winner of Denilson's stature is a rarity.

Mid-ranked Hai Phong Cement said Denilson, who became the world's most expensive player when he moved to Spanish side Real Betis from Sao Paulo in 1998, was the most famous international footballer recruited so far by a Vietnamese outfit.

Earlier this year Denilson was on trial with English Premier League side Bolton Wanderers.

His absence from Saturday's line-up did not come as a complete surprise as he was quoted Saturday by Tuoi Tre newspaper as saying he was not sure he would play.

Organisers said ticket prices for Saturday's match had been significantly increased compared with earlier in the season.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/June/06/fans-left-fuming-as-denilson-sits-out-match/

They weren't happy :lol:

What the fuck is Denilson doing there?

Must be the best money he can get, that trial at Bolton earlier in the season is the only other offer I've heard him have in ages tbh

The Dutch and Belgium media are saying that Vermalen and Arsenal are discussing a 4 year contract. Arsenal has offered 13m euro for Vermalen. http://www.vi.nl/NieuwsItem/AjaciedVerm ... deling.htm

Some of the people who have seen him play alot are really rating him, im a sceptic, but haven't seen enough to judge!

http://www.vi.nl/NieuwsItem/AjaciedVermaelenMetArsenalInOnderhandeling.htm

Dzeko’s agent confirms Arsenal and Man City bidsJune - 6 - 2009

The agent of the Bundesliga sensation Eden Dzeko has confirmed that the Bosnian international is considering offers from both Man City and Arsenal, but he thinks that he is more likely to move to Arsene Wengers team.

The agent, Irfan Redžepagić, said: “It is not realistic for Dzeko who is a leading player in Germany and due to perform in the Champions League to opt for an average club like Manchester City. Arsenal is the other case. We will discuss their offer seriously”

“I will talk over the weekend with Eden and we will see what is best for him. On Monday it is back to the negotiations with Wolfsburg” said Redžepagić.

Dzeko has impressed everyone this season with 26 goals in 32 hgames, helping Wolfsburg to the Bundesliga title. If he could transfer that form to the Premiership, he will be a superstar very quickly.

Basing this purely on statistics, i hope we get this guy to replace Adebayor and this isnt the agent stiring interest in his player.

I would love to get these and Yaya Toure, unlikely imo, but i think the squad would be drastically improved with these signings!

Surely there's no way a guaranteed starter for the best team in the world would go to Arsenal?