Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest wshmag

Good luck to him. Working under a great manager now too. ;)

i'd prefer ketsbaia as manager ahead of shearer.

Inter has slapped a £70-90m price tag on Zlatan, hopefully this keeps the other fackers away.

haha its a bit overkill imo. They could've slapped on a £8m price tag and everyone would've gone running :lol:

Inter has slapped a £70-90m price tag on Zlatan, hopefully this keeps the other fackers away.

haha its a bit overkill imo. They could've slapped on a £8m price tag and everyone would've gone running :lol:

That would be amazing.

Barcelona put Lionel Messi up for sale for 10 million, then when everyone starts bidding just be like "lol jk"

No matter how much Spurs spend or who they buy, they'll still finish no better than 7th next season. They'll be behind the same 4, and at least two of City, Villa & Everton.

You're more optimistic than me.   I have City, Villa and Everton to be certainties to be above Spurs.  8th place at best.

Villa i don't agree with. They need to pull some major signings out the bag before i start thinking we can't finish above them. Everton i agree with because they're very consistant and get results even with half their team missing and City...well...it really depends on who they sign. If they continue the same formula they're using now which is to sign any half decent player who might be available irrepective of what position he plays or if they actually need him, then we can certainly finish above them.

Imo we need a striker, centre midfielder and lb competition for ekotto (make lm Bales permanent position).

Get rid = Bentley, Dos Santos, Zokora, Bent, and hopefully Keane (maybe even Pav to tbh...50/50 on him).

That is Spurs all over, though, isn't it?

Sell Keane, then buy him back in the same season, then sell him again shortly after? That'd be short termism all over.

I think we're going to struggle unless we replace Laursen (Barry, despite the views of the rest of the country who see him play well for England and assume he's that good week in, week out, will be much easier to replace) and bulk the squad up, but I can't see a single thing at Spurs that makes me think we'll finish below them.

I recall this exact same conversation going on this time last year and look how it turned out. Dos Santos was going to be amazing, and he ends the season on loan at, errm, Ipswich. Bentley was a stunning signing, and he achieves nothing more than a fluke goal and a particularly flamboyant haircut, Modric is going to be incredible (and he is, until someone so much as gives him a nasty look and he goes missing for the rest of the match, like a gigantic fanny).

I worry much, much more about Everton than I do Tottenham - they're sensible, realistic, don't have their head in the clouds, go after players they've got a decent chance of getting and who will do them a job (can you ever imagine Spurs signing players as low key as, say, Jagielka, for example) and they've got a better manager than Spurs and Villa.

To reiterate, i know a lot of this isn't Spurs fault and it largely comes through the media, but I can't help but think that ultimately, whilst bigging you up one moment (look! pics of Levy and co in Madrid! They've gone to sign 17 Real Madrid players!), they're laughing at you behind your back.

No matter how much Spurs spend or who they buy, they'll still finish no better than 7th next season. They'll be behind the same 4, and at least two of City, Villa & Everton.

You're more optimistic than me.   I have City, Villa and Everton to be certainties to be above Spurs.  8th place at best.

Villa i don't agree with. They need to pull some major signings out the bag before i start thinking we can't finish above them. Everton i agree with because they're very consistant and get results even with half their team missing and City...well...it really depends on who they sign. If they continue the same formula they're using now which is to sign any half decent player who might be available irrepective of what position he plays or if they actually need him, then we can certainly finish above them.

Imo we need a striker, centre midfielder and lb competition for ekotto (make lm Bales permanent position).

Get rid = Bentley, Dos Santos, Zokora, Bent, and hopefully Keane (maybe even Pav to tbh...50/50 on him).

Sell Keane, then buy him back in the same season, then sell him again shortly after? That'd be short termism all over.

I think we're going to struggle unless we replace Laursen (Barry, despite the views of the rest of the country who see him play well for England and assume he's that good week in, week out, will be much easier to replace) and bulk the squad up, but I can't see a single thing at Spurs that makes me think we'll finish below them.

I recall this exact same conversation going on this time last year and look how it turned out. Dos Santos was going to be amazing, and he ends the season on loan at, errm, Ipswich. Bentley was a stunning signing, and he achieves nothing more than a fluke goal and a particularly flamboyant haircut, Modric is going to be incredible (and he is, until someone so much as gives him a nasty look and he goes missing for the rest of the match, like a gigantic fanny).

I worry much, much more about Everton than I do Tottenham - they're sensible, realistic, don't have their head in the clouds, go after players they've got a decent chance of getting and who will do them a job (can you ever imagine Spurs signing players as low key as, say, Jagielka, for example) and they've got a better manager than Spurs and Villa.

To reiterate, i know a lot of this isn't Spurs fault and it largely comes through the media, but I can't help but think that ultimately, whilst bigging you up one moment (look! pics of Levy and co in Madrid! They've gone to sign 17 Real Madrid players!), they're laughing at you behind your back.

Good post. It's been said before in the past, but over the last few years Spurs' approach in the transfer market has looked a bit 'FM'-ish. There's a huge turnover of players that leads to a massive lack of stability with players coming and going like there's no tomorrow. Vast amounts are spent and received, and they're forever buying either 'the next big thing' (dos Santos, Bale, Huddlestone, etc.) or someone who has impressed over a relatively short, recent period of time for too much money (Jenas, Bent, Bentley, Modric, Pavluychenko). Last summer in particular was mental.

This all seems to have been happening without much thought for where everyone's going to fit into the team and how the squad will blend together. They need some stability and cohesion, it looks like there are some exciting players there and a decent squad. I'm just not sure there's a team yet. It looks as though it's all been done by someone with a short attention span.

Shefki Kuqi claims two of the three relegated Premier League clubs are interested in signing him.

The Finnish international is out of contract at Crystal Palace this summer and is yet to agree fresh trems.

Kuqi is now considering his options, but claims there is big interest in his services.

"I've not made a decision yet - I want more time to think," Kuqi told the Croydon Advertiser.

"A couple of clubs that have come down from the Premier League have shown an interest in me."

It is believed that the two relegated clubs in question are Middlesbrough and West Brom.

Shefki Kuqi claims two of the three relegated Premier League clubs are interested in signing him.

The Finnish international is out of contract at Crystal Palace this summer and is yet to agree fresh trems.

Kuqi is now considering his options, but claims there is big interest in his services.

"I've not made a decision yet - I want more time to think," Kuqi told the Croydon Advertiser.

"A couple of clubs that have come down from the Premier League have shown an interest in me."

It is believed that the two relegated clubs in question are Middlesbrough and West Brom.

I'd be very surprised if we've shown interest in anyone.

Guest kingdawson

Tbh i said on here that i thought Dos Santos would be a failure, but i did think Bentley would do well (i was absolutly wrong on that). Modric no mattter how you wanna twist it has been a good signing, Corluka a very good signing, Palacios an excellent signing, Defoe a good signing, and Keane...well he can fuck off. I agree with you on certain parts of your post tbf. Our transfer policy recently has been appalling, but our january transfer activity has given me hope that things will change under Redknapp.

One thing though, i'd rather we show ambition and go for very good players on the off chance that 1 or 2 might actually come off (Berbatov, modric ect..) rather then sign mediocre players for way over the odds (Davies and Milner to name a few). We do need a balance though which we haven't managed to achieve thus far but i really don't understand how a villa fan can criticise our transfer policy when yours is just as bad (probably even worse). Do you even get excited during the transfer window? when was the last time you made a truly inspirational signing?.

Tbh i said on here that i thought Dos Santos would be a failure, but i did think Bentley would do well (i was absolutly wrong on that). Modric no mattter how you wanna twist it has been a good signing, Corluka a very good signing, Palacios an excellent signing, Defoe a good signing, and Keane...well he can f*** off. I agree with you on certain parts of your post tbf. Our transfer policy recently has been appalling, but our january transfer activity has given me hope that things will change under Redknapp.

One thing though, i'd rather we show ambition and go for very good players on the off chance that 1 or 2 might actually come off (Berbatov, modric ect..) rather then sign mediocre players for way over the odds (Davies and Milner to name a few). We do need a balance though which we haven't managed to achieve thus far but i really don't understand how a villa fan can criticise our transfer policy when yours is just as bad (probably even worse). Do you even get excited during the transfer window? when was the last time you made a truly inspirational signing?.

Well as long as you get excited over the transfer window....

I guess that's all that matters really.

Guest kingdawson

who cares about 'inspirational' signings when you're actually winning games of football?

Michael Owen was an inspirational signing ffs.

We're talking about Transfer policy which is why i brought it up.

Guest kingdawson

Tbh i said on here that i thought Dos Santos would be a failure, but i did think Bentley would do well (i was absolutly wrong on that). Modric no mattter how you wanna twist it has been a good signing, Corluka a very good signing, Palacios an excellent signing, Defoe a good signing, and Keane...well he can f*** off. I agree with you on certain parts of your post tbf. Our transfer policy recently has been appalling, but our january transfer activity has given me hope that things will change under Redknapp.

Wow some people really are that slow?. The discussion is about transfer policies not about winning games, not about winning cups, TRANSFER POLICIES. You do get that?.

who cares about 'inspirational' signings when you're actually winning games of football?

Michael Owen was an inspirational signing ffs.

We're talking about Transfer policy which is why i brought it up.

And transfer policy has no relation to winning games of football? :lol:

Maybe thats why Spurs are shit.

Wow some people really are that slow?. The discussion is about transfer policies not about winning games, not about winning cups, TRANSFER POLICIES. You do get that?.

So ignoring the league table you're happy because Spurs make more exciting transfers than Villa?

Wow.

Guest kingdawson

KD, why do you want to see the back of Keane so much?

He's and overrated cunt and a very disengenuine person imo (a badge kisser). I remember about a year and a half ago on GG when i made a thread saying i didn't trust his apparant love of the club and i predicted he'd fuck off as soon as a top 4 club came in for him. An estimated 6 pages of ridicule followed. Needless to say i bumped the thread  when he's inevitable betrayal occured.

I mean let's look at the facts:

1) Was seen pictured at numerous Wolves games because of his "love for the club".

2) Didn't celebrate against Leeds because of his "love for the club".

3) Was caught in a pub celebrating a Celtic old firm victory. Obviously because of his "love for the club"

4) Left Spurs for Liverpool because of his "love for th club"

5) I'm sure he spouted some bollocks about the love he has for coventry once.

I also hate the way his complains during games, moans at his own teammates, throws his hands up like a little bitch when the ball is sill in play.