Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest guinness_fiend

Alternatively our Championship rivals are losing their best players.

This. The Premiership teams always pillage the lower leagues in June. Can we start a Championship transfers thread, as all this Premier ship talk is depressing me.

Tyrone Mears is off to Burnley. Its a shame, because I would've taken a punt on him.

We're starting to lose a hell of a lot of ground........

He's a right-back, who's left a potential rival for a club not in our division, so unless we do sell Beye, we've lost nothing in terms of this transfer.

Alternatively our Championship rivals are losing their best players.

This. The Premiership teams always pillage the lower leagues in June. Can we start a Championship transfers thread, as all this Premier ship talk is depressing me.

Agreed - will be an opportunity to evaluate the other teams in the Championship.

Going for the lot, Jesus the thick cunts.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/22222/Sunderland_set_to_make_move_for_Lovenkrands.aspx (load of shite site)

Sunderland want to get another one over Newcastle by signing Peter Lovenkrands. The Black Cats have been laughing at their north-east rivals since the Toon's relegation and manager Steve Bruce wants to deepen the gloom on Tyneside by signing the Dane on a free transfer.The 29-year-old joined the Magpies from Schalke on a short term deal in January but his contract has now expired, paving the way for a move to Newcastle's neighbours.

Bruce has £50million to spend following Ellis Short's takeover but is said to be keen on midfielder Lovenkrands so he can spend his cash on overhauling his strike-force.

And agent Ivan Marko Benes says Lovenkrands is keen to remain in the Premier League.

"I think we will find a good club for him. What does he wish for in his future career? He wants to stay in the UK and preferably at the highest level possible," he said.

Bruce simply has herpes, you cannot deny it bent nose.

http://www.sport.co.uk/public/images_news/2009/6/24/AI_BRUCE03102008.jpg

Please inflict more misery on us, take Barton and Smith, we'd be heartbroken.

Guest kingdawson

We've accepted an £8.5 million bid from Sunderland (and 2 other clubs) for Tom Huddlestone.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

tbf, that's not a bad price for Huddlestone if you consider you have to add on a few million because he's english. He's like Pirlo, except fat, english and shit. Good piece of business.

Guest toonlass

We've accepted an £8.5 million bid from Sunderland (and 2 other clubs) for Tom Huddlestone.

Shut yup you spaz monger, if this is true you owe me £2million

Guest kingdawson

Shut yup you spaz monger, if this is true you owe me £2million

If i'm being totally honest. The reason why i don't respond to your posts usually is because i don't think you're 100% there.

Have always rated Huddlestone.  He has one of the longest passing ranges in English football after Carrick and Alonso.

Shame he's got the mobility of a tortoise as if he did have any speed about him, he could have developed into top top class MF. 

Have always rated Huddlestone.  He has one of the longest passing ranges in English football after Carrick and Alonso.

Shame he's got the mobility of a tortoise as if he did have any speed about him, he could have developed into top top class MF. 

Is he that immobile, MJ?

Mind you, having said that, Gareth Barry has as much pace as I do (and I only ever break into a trot to get beer from the fridge) (oh, and to answer the door for the delivery man from the Ali Baba).

Guest Stephen927

Would be a decent presence through the middle for him to replace the injury prone Tainio, but once again Sunderland find themselves paying over the odds for average players.

£8.5m for Huddlestone is mental, I can only imagine him really working in a 3 man midfield.

I agree. Needs to  be in a 4-3-3.

If they put him in a three man midfield alongside a couple of very active midfielders who are Essien types then he could be a very special player. Just have hime sit deep and distribute the ball all day long. Defensively he could then get a lot of help from the other two who could cover for his lack of mobility.