Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Villa knock back a £15mill offer for Barry :lol: fkn hell he is a decent player and has been getting better with some good games for England but 15 million. :lol:

England regular. Don't English players cost a lot of money?

We've no need to sell and Liverpool have behaved disgracefully throughout this sage, so I suspect MON is determined to make it as difficult and expensive as he possibly can.

I don't blame MON at all but I cannot see Pool bettering that offer, then its back down and sell him or put up with an unhappy player.

If Carrick and Hargreaves are worth £18m then Barry is worth at least £20m in my view.

I wouldn't say Barry is better than either of them, especially Carrick.

Barry is worth what we will accept for him.

We've got to go out and find a replacement, which - as we're not in the CL - is going to be difficult (a decent replacement, anyway). We've already got a miniscule squad, so losing one of our best players is the last thing we need.

That doesn't mean Barry is worth 20m or better than Player A or Player B, but there is the value of the player and the fact we're selling him to a team we're trying to catch up (and one which seemingly has a lot of problems so may become catchable at some point).

I'm glad MON is playing hardball, he's saying "this is how much we need him, this is how much you're going to have to give us for him if you want him, don't want to pay it? f*** off elsewhere".

In the past we'd have bent over at the first offer and let them have him.

Very true. I think it also has to be taken into account that he is your captain as well, I definitely think this should mean an extra few million should be paid. You not only have to replace a good player, but also your leader.

I know an excellent replacement for you guys, as he has prem experience and is British too and so is well accustomed to the league. He is currently incarcerated and might be for a little while longer but please don't let that put you off ...

Has Alan Smith been banged up n all like?

If only ...

Guest teepee

fair play to villa. they know they wont be able to attract a player of the same caliber, and therefore require a signifcant sum to fill the void with more players, also resulting in a broader squad

Emmanuel Adebayor has told his agent to inform Arsenal that he wants to join AC Milan. (Gazzetta dello Sport 1127 BST)

Gomis to replace?

Seems a ready-made replacement, aye.

Guest optimistic nit

i think liverpool are catchable this year if one or more of the chasing teams get their arse in gear.

Emmanuel Adebayor has told his agent to inform Arsenal that he wants to join AC Milan. (Gazzetta dello Sport 1127 BST)

Gomis to replace?

Santa Cruz apparently.

EDIT: Dream with me for a second ...

Shearer rejects Blackburn. Blackburn hire Allardyce. Adebayor goes to Milan. Wenger buys Santa Cruz. Allardyce comes in for Alan Smith as his replacement.

Lets all say a prayer about this tonight guys. The Lord might have mercy on us yet.

O'Neill just admitted Barry wants to go to Liverpool. Which we knew already like.

I love O'Neill. Admits it, but still sounds positive about it, and he clearly won't be fucked around.

Incidentally, in January, Barry's agents were putting feelers out to Chelsea, and he looked like going there.

Lineker is such a cunt trying to take the piss out of MON, mind. That comment about "do you need therapy, Martin" "I seek help from my friends, which means I wouldn't be calling any of you three"

What a man.

O'Neill just admitted Barry wants to go to Liverpool. Which we knew already like.

I love O'Neill. Admits it, but still sounds positive about it, and he clearly won't be fucked around.

Incidentally, in January, Barry's agents were putting feelers out to Chelsea, and he looked like going there.

Lineker is such a cunt trying to take the piss out of MON, mind. That comment about "do you need therapy, Martin" "I seek help from my friends, which means I wouldn't be calling any of you three"

What a man.

Yeah he is such a quality guy, I doubt anyone has ever managed to take the piss out of him successfully.