Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Jon Obika to Yeovil on loan for 3 months, that's 3 Spurs youngsters there now. 

That's 12 now out on loan, 8 from the Academy, not like Arsenal's system, but a lot better than we've done in the past.  Inglethorpe must be doing something right.

BBC reporting that Everton have rejected Lescott's transfer request.

Never seen the point in clubs 'rejecting' transfer requests from unhappy players. What did they do, stick their fingers in their ears and go "la, la, la, la, can't hear you, la, la, la"?

If he wants away then they should do the sensible thing and try to get the best deal they can for him. Rejecting it just seems petty and futile.

Never seen the point in clubs 'rejecting' transfer requests from unhappy players. What did they do, stick their fingers in their ears and go "la, la, la, la, can't hear you, la, la, la"?

If he wants away then they should do the sensible thing and try to get the best deal they can for him. Rejecting it just seems petty and futile.

Get more money? Surely a player they are resigned to losing would cost less than one they expect to keep!

Jon Obika to Yeovil on loan for 3 months, that's 3 Spurs youngsters there now. 

That's 12 now out on loan, 8 from the Academy, not like Arsenal's system, but a lot better than we've done in the past.  Inglethorpe must be doing something right.

You don't need a youth system anyway, just any player that says he'd like to play for Arsenal and Arsenal don't want you sign :lol:

But in all seriousness, i think that not taking part in the reserve league seems like a good plan and getting as many players out on loan as possible :thup:

Get more money? Surely a player they are resigned to losing would cost less than one they expect to keep!

Once a player formally says he wants away it's a bit daft, imo, to keep him. I'm assuming they've tried to convince him to stay but they've obviously failed. His head's been turned and he's going.

Best thing they can do is to strike the best deal they possibly can. Everton should tell City they can speak to him this afternoon if they cough up £20m. That gives Everton plenty of time to replace him before the window closes. The more they refuse to accept the situation the less time it leaves to replace him. 

It's a difficult one.

Obviously, Everton must be pissed off.  They offer him a better deal and extension about a year ago and then he does this.  What's the point in a contract?

It's a difficult one.

Obviously, Everton must be pissed off.  They offer him a better deal and extension about a year ago and then he does this.  What's the point in a contract?

Couldn't agree more but at least Lescott has had the decency to ask for a transfer which means he probably forgoes any loyalty bonuses written into his contract. He's being open about it and he wants a transfer where he'll undoubtedly sign an even better contract at City than the improved one he's currently on. If I wanted to move to a different company on a much better wage, I'd resign and start work at the new place without any problems at all. Can't see how Everton, or any club, can possibly refuse a player a move if they've put a formal transfer request in. 

Where City are concerned and with some other clubs (eg. Bassong to Spurs), I don't understand why players are so reluctant to put in a transfer request.  They are going to get a huge payrise and signing on fee which surely must negate whatever their loyalty bonuses are.

Once a player formally says he wants away it's a bit daft, imo, to keep him. I'm assuming they've tried to convince him to stay but they've obviously failed. His head's been turned and he's going.

Best thing they can do is to strike the best deal they possibly can. Everton should tell City they can speak to him this afternoon if they cough up £20m. That gives Everton plenty of time to replace him before the window closes. The more they refuse to accept the situation the less time it leaves to replace him. 

They've already got their replacement signed up, Senderos :D

Just stupid rumours but there are small winds of air blowing around that Ribery might go to either Inter or Juventus.

It is said that Bayern are pretty upset with Reals ways of doing business and it's common knowledge that Inter and Bayern have a good relationship.

Would make me hurt my panties.

Also said that Inter are looking to sign Gourcuff  :coolsmiley:

Wouldn't you be against it since he's ex AC Milan? He's clearly a young talent but I thought AC and Inter fans hated the idea of having a player of the opposition.

Where City are concerned and with some other clubs (eg. Bassong to Spurs), I don't understand why players are so reluctant to put in a transfer request.  They are going to get a huge payrise and signing on fee which surely must negate whatever their loyalty bonuses are.

Because if they don't, they get a huge payrose, signing-on fee AND a loyalty bonus when their club finally caves in as they're desperate for the "big four" cash...

It leaves them in a rather awkward position if the transfer falls through.

Guest Roland

Boudewijn Zenden will choose between Blackburn, Hull City and Portsmouth according to NL media.

Blackburn also is interested to sign FC Utrecht player Silberbauer. He is a attacking midfielder, played for FC Kopenhagen before he joined Utrecht 2 years ago.

Reading have apparently agreed a fee for Ross Jenkins. Tommy Smith will be off also. This is not good.  :no:

I feared for you the moment you appointed Malky MacKay. Nothing against MacKay himself, but promotions from within are usually epic fails.

Hutchings at Wigan

Roeder at Newcastle (after the caretaker spell)

Adams at Portsmouth

Sbragia at Sunderland

And probably others that I can't think of right now.

Whereas on the flipside I can only really think of Jol at Spurs where it has worked, and that was because he was there about 2 months as assistant under Santini. Unless you count Vialli at Chelsea, but he didn't exactly break new ground for Chelsea.

Reading have apparently agreed a fee for Ross Jenkins. Tommy Smith will be off also. This is not good.  :no:

I feared for you the moment you appointed Malky MacKay. Nothing against MacKay himself, but promotions from within are usually epic fails.

Hutchings at Wigan

Adams at Portsmouth

Sbragia at Sunderland

Whereas on the flipside I can only really think of Jol at Spurs where it has worked, and that was because he was there about 2 months as assistant under Santini. Unless you count Vialli at Chelsea, but he didn't exactly break new ground for Chelsea.

paisley,fagan,dalglish.

Reading have apparently agreed a fee for Ross Jenkins. Tommy Smith will be off also. This is not good. :no:

Hutchings at Wigan

Adams at Portsmouth

Sbragia at Sunderland

Joe Fagan done alright for Liverpool.

edit: literally can't believe I got out-typed by madras. I thought Paisley was from within but was only certain about Fagan.