Other clubs' transfers

Dave

What's he on? 80k a week?  :mackems:

Considering he was out of work, I'd have thought we'd get him for much, much, much less than that.

I'd hope...

I don't see the appeal of Neil myself, especially for a team like Everton, who should be pushing for top six/seven.

I know you always get injuries and he's another body but I've never really rated him and he seems to be a white Ashley Cole with regard to his attitude and wage demands.

Tony Hibbert.

What's he on? 80k a week?  :mackems:

Considering he was out of work, I'd have thought we'd get him for much, much, much less than that.

I'd hope...

I don't see the appeal of Neil myself, especially for a team like Everton, who should be pushing for top six/seven.

I know you always get injuries and he's another body but I've never really rated him and he seems to be a white Ashley Cole with regard to his attitude and wage demands.

Tony Hibbert.

I've always rated Hibbert. That Leon Osman is a gifted player as well.

Everton will do good business signing Neill, their depth at the back is awful, particularly with Lescott gone and Neville broken. When's Jagielka coming back?

It definitely isn't though.

It's better than Arsenal's isn't that you've said?  :lol:

Everton will do good business signing Neill, their depth at the back is awful, particularly with Lescott gone and Neville broken. When's Jagielka coming back?

Centrebacks man. Their fullbacks don't match up to that.

Heitinga, Hibbert, Baines and now Neill. 4 top full-backs imo.

Heitinga, Hibbert, Baines and now Neill. 4 top full-backs imo.

:weep:

Village Idiot: Jagielka is supposed to be back mid-late November, though I'd take that as meaning he won't be properly playing until early/mid-December.

Baines, Heitinga, Hibbert (s***), Yobo, Distin, Rodwell & Jagielka. Hardly brimming in numbers given the injury to Jagielka, and the shiteness of Hibbert.

Marc Albrighton on loan to Forest. He's going to be quality, that boy.

He's 19, going on loan to Forest and is being kept out the Villa team by James Milner.  I bet he won't be that good.  :razz:

James "Recently picked, and played, by Capello" Milner, that one? Also known as James "The future of England, says Fabio Capello" Milner?

The lad might as well give up now and see if he can get a job at Gamestation or somewhere, then.

Is Harry Forrester not doing much yet?

Seems to have dipped in visibility recently. Rumours last year of him becoming a bit of a Billy Big Bollocks and liking the booze a little too much.

He's 19, going on loan to Forest and is being kept out the Villa team by James Milner.  I bet he won't be that good.  :razz:

James "Recently picked, and played, by Capello" Milner, that one? Also known as James "The future of England, says Fabio Capello" Milner?

The lad might as well give up now and see if he can get a job at Gamestation or somewhere, then.

Capello said that about Milner? :lol:

Capello said that about Milner? :lol:

Fabio Capello last night predicted a claret and blue tinge to his England as he declared: "The Aston Villa players are my future."

Capello has blooded Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor, while Villa Park skipper Gareth Barry is the only outfield player to have featured in all 10 games under the Italian.

And with Curtis Davies and Nicky Shorey having also featured on his radar, the England boss paid a massive compliment to Villa chief Martin O'Neill as he revealed James Milner is set to step up to the senior ranks for the February friendly with Spain.

Capello, who warned Michael Owen, David Beckham and Aaron Lennon that they still have to prove themselves, said: "I'm very happy with many of the players that are with Aston Villa.

They are young players and are performing.

"When Agbonlahor was called into the squad in Trinidad in the summer, he didn't play so well but it was different last month against Germany. I watched him in training, decided to put him in the first 11 against Germany and he worked very well.

"He played at the same level he showed for his club, which is very important.

"The other young player I like is Milner. He's the future, my future.

"He was very close to coming in last season when he was at Newcastle.

"I saw him score twice for the under-21 side against Ireland and I wanted to put him in the squad then before he was injured."

I've highlighted the line below, too, for irony.

Where's the irony?

The irony in having a sneer at a player when, actually, he is highly valued by Capello, and turns out he was so when you had him yourself the year before (and were largely slagging him off at the time).

I think that shows the folly of your post suggesting that yes, a young player must be not up to much, what with him being kept out of our team by a player the manager of England rates very highly indeed, and who a lot of people here didnt think was good enough for you when you had him, either.

Where's the irony?

The irony in having a sneer at a player when, actually, he is highly valued by Capello, and turns out he was so when you had him yourself the year before (and were largely slagging him off at the time).

I think that shows the folly of your post suggesting that yes, a young player must be not up to much, what with him being kept out of our team by a player the manager of England rates very highly indeed, and who a lot of people here didnt think was good enough for you when you had him, either.

a) Milner wasn't ever really good for us so that's why no one rated him highly.

b) Capello is going to big up everyone player in his squad, don't ya think?

c) Yes, if a player is kept out of a team by James Milner I don't really rate him very highly.  :lol: