Other clubs' transfers

Dave

James Milner is a much better player than any out of our current lot, and he was easily among our 2-3 best players when he was here.

2-3?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

What exactly did he do for us?

The others being Shay Given and possibly Michael Owen.

What Milner did for us? He was our best player in Roeder's season. What other player did we have who could actually run with the ball and flick a cross in? Not Dyer: he could only run. Not Duff, who could neither run nor cross. Not Jonas 'no end product' Gutierrez. Of course, having midget strikers and an immobile midfield that offered no support made his crosses a bit iffy, but his stats from his time at Villa show that he actually creates a lot when he has something to aim for in the box. Milner wasn't a problem, the rest of the team was.

Can't argue with his assist ratio from his two spells at villa tbh.. I know stats don't tell the whole story but you look at the players he is amongst in the lists fir those two seasons and it does tell you something.

Obviously we always had great strikers getting in great positions the whole time he was here though.

No one has said he is great but to say he is shit is a load of bollocks.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The one thing Milner could guarantee was explosive action on the wing and bucketfuls of goals. That is distinctly abscent in our current team and I'm not overly optermistic of our chances while we lack these vital qualities.

He looked an average at best player for us and has since started looking like a good player. By no means is he the answer for a club for top 4 aspirations though, and never will be

Villa weren't at the stage they are now when they signed him. I also believe it would be a good season for Villa if they managed to reach the Europa League spots again. In my opinion, Milner should be a definite starter in the current Aston Villa side.

He looked an average at best player for us and has since started looking like a good player. By no means is he the answer for a club for top 4 aspirations though, and never will be

Villa weren't at the stage they are now when they signed him. I also believe it would be a good season for Villa if they managed to reach the Europa League spots again. In my opinion, Milner should be a definite starter in the current Aston Villa side.

they finished 6th the season before they got him

I saw no real improvement from them overall last season although they did have an excellent spell when they really got the rub of the green early-mid season

I saw no real improvement from them overall last season although they did have an excellent spell when they really got the rub of the green early-mid season

Fair enough. Just when you thought it was hard enough breaking into the top four with the big four infront of you, Manchester City come along and make it a big 5, soul destroying.

Fair enough. Just when you thought it was hard enough breaking into the top four with the big four infront of you, Manchester City come along and make it a big 5, soul destroying.

Yeah, but apart from Chelsea and probably ManU, I'm not sure the rest of the big 4 could financially resist a spell outside the Champion's League should City be successful in their bid. So it could actually not be a "Big 5"

Milner is just one of a long list of players who weren't good enough for us. Thankfully we don't have to worry about the likes of him in the squad these days.

You're like an affected widow or something. :lol:

;D

James Milner is still very average. He by no means stands out in any technical area of the game. His greatest attributes are effort and workrate. He's useful in a team with other players with greater technical ability, but if he's a player you have to rely on for actual quality then your screwed. Occasionally he will produce something but much more often than not he really doesn't. Nice lad though.

James Milner is still very average. He by no means stands out in any technical area of the game. His greatest attributes are effort and workrate. He's useful in a team with other players with greater technical ability, but if he's a player you have to rely on for actual quality then your screwed. Occasionally he will produce something but much more often than not he really doesn't. Nice lad though.

Greedy bastard though.

Greedy b****** though.

Nice lad turned greedy barsteward then.

Greedy bastard though.

:thup:

I think me and Wullie tried to politely point this out to him on the odd occasion in the final fixture of last season.